READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? Are kids under 8 not interested in this ride?
no i just have seen a lot of younger kids that are scared of dark rides and [mod edit: some parts] can be scary. I just arbitrarily picked 8 but you get the picture. I've also seen a lot of 4 year olds that would absolutely love this ride. I have one of each (they are 10 and 12 now but 5 years ago we'd probably had my son freaked out and daughter wanting to do it 10 times).

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately it didn’t happen to me, but after reading the posts from yesterday, it was a what-if that I’d never considered.

I’m going with my 4-year-old, and really want to ride it. But I also have to be realistic about her level of patience. If the ride breaks down and we have to wait a while before getting evacuated, she’s probably not going to be super cooperative about going back as soon as the ride opens up again. I also think daily pool/nap time is going to be necessary to keep her from getting overtired and cranky in the parks, so it might not be practical to stay and wait it out.
Yep, got a 5 yo going with me, so totally understand what you're saying. we plan to be out of the parks between 1 and 5 pm most days.

At any rate, the GET should get you fixed up if you were supposed to ride, but then weren't able to due to the cirsumstances you described. Hopefully it doesn't happen and you can get on and ride without issues!.

Curious what the thoughts are this...

I’ve seen a few people report that CM’s are telling them that it works better if you only have one person in your group trying for a BG. Has anyone else been told this?

That instruction seems counter-intuitive to me, especially if there is a glitch with the app or phone. I wonder if they are saying it just to lighten the load on the servers? Or maybe the app responds slower if multiple people are all logged in to the same MDE account?

I’m still planning to have at least four (of the six in my party) attempt to get a BG when we are there next week, but am curious if people getting there early BGs are those that only have one person trying to snag one?

Curious what the thoughts are this...

I’ve seen a few people report that CM’s are telling them that it works better if you only have one person in your group trying for a BG. Has anyone else been told this?

That instruction seems counter-intuitive to me, especially if there is a glitch with the app or phone. I wonder if they are saying it just to lighten the load on the servers? Or maybe the app responds slower if multiple people are all logged in to the same MDE account?

I’m still planning to have at least four (of the six in my party) attempt to get a BG when we are there next week, but am curious if people getting there early BGs are those that only have one person trying to snag one?
This has been discussed on a consistent basis and I believe everyone here agrees, it doesn't matter how many are trying, it can only help your chances of pulling a boarding group.

The cast members aren't the ones trying to obtain a boarding group and are probably just relaying info from IT or their management. As you said, if one phone glitches, you have another one or two available as backup.

I walked from the BC to DHS this morning, leaving the resort around 6:40am and arriving right at 7am. Bag check lines were not very busy. They started to let people in the park a few minutes after I got there. I tapped in approx 7:12am and they were taking fingerprints. Then I exited the park and walked back to the BC for breakfast. I logged into my MDE account at 8am from the BC and got boarding group 10.

We walked back to DHS around 9am and the ride was down. They said that I could come back anytime that day. So we used all our fastpasses, had lunch, and then went to the ride at 12:30. I was done 37 minutes later. It was a great ride and the plans worked out perfectly. :)

Long time lurker, posting my experience from the weekend. Although I never practiced, found people's reports interesting and sometimes helpful.

We rode Rise two days in a row.

Sunday:
Lyft dropped us at Hollywood around 7:30; tapped in by 7:35.
Went to RD Tower of Terror. FYI our wait was probably about 5-10 minutes although I didn't count too closely.
At 7:58 from ToT line opened app. At 8:00:01 ish clicked Find Out more-->Join Boarding Group (which had turned red). Got BG 17!
BG was called about as we left ToT. After ToT we took about 10 min to eat snacks and breathe before running onto a new ride. Was off Rise by about 9:30, although again, I didn't pay close attention to when we got on, so I don't know if that's super helpful.

Monday:
Decided we would get a boarding group and then RD Epcot, so we stayed close to the entrance. Lyft dropped us around 7:15; tapped in around 7:25. Note that since we were earlier, the gates weren't open quite yet but they started letting people through a few minutes after we arrived.
At 7:59 opened app. Decided to wait 5-10 seconds before going through same process, because we wanted a later BG. So I tapped Find Out More at approximately 8:00:10. Join Boarding Group wasn't red, so hit My Status and was able to join BG from there. BG 41!
Got called back around 10:30 when we were just about done with Epcot. Headed back, decided to do our Mania FP first. The Skyliners were very slow and Mania was backed up even in the FP line, so we weren't off till about 11:40. We had a Star Tours FP for 11:35, but timing was getting close and we were nervous to try to do that and Rise before 12:30 deadline to tap into Rise. So a very nice GET member heard our plea, and changed Star Tours to an anytime FP so we could prioritize getting on Rise.
Got online for Rise around noon; ride broke down around 12:15. I would say were on line about a half hour? The CMs brought around bananas/water/chips/Rey for photos as some have reported. They were generally very nice and told us they get told very little about the ride breakdown but were generally grateful it was the first of the day lol.

Both times ride was incredible and worth the hassle!

My entrance pass is blocked out until at least the end of April for HS, and I doubt that it will lift up before summer. So, I decided to buy myself a single day ticket.
Uh oh...my daughter was a CM last summer. Now, we've all planned a May trip. Three of us have purchased 8-day Park Hoppers while she has said she has her CM passes (tickets?). Not sure she's aware of the (possible) HS block. Sounds like she'll need to purchase a two or three-day pass after all for our studio days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter