Recent Blue Bayou Fantasmic lunch/dinner experiences? UPDATE: Cushions are back! (as of 12/07/19)

We’ve done this package 3 times in the past 2 years, most recent being July and have always gotten them at the table when we pay.

Just a random thought.. what do you all do with yours when you get home? We have six cushions now and I’m running out of ideas but I can’t part with them. 😂

Just a random thought.. what do you all do with yours when you get home? We have six cushions now and I’m running out of ideas but I can’t part with them. 😂
We re-use ours when we do the HB F! package. They also work great as picnic cushions on the patio, at summer concerts (e.g. Hollywood Bowl), at any event where you sit on the ground, etc. I want to use them as dining room cushions, but DH has put his foot down on that idea. But maybe if we throw a Disney themed party...

We carried ours around (after getting them at BB after our meal). This was 2018

I think I’d prefer to get a locker next time. In all my times at Disneyland I’ve never gotten a locker. Do they run out of lockers as the day progresses?

We went for dinner reservations last week (1/2) and they were giving them out. Someone was taking a picture of it on their table, so I notice as I walked by. Hope this helps someone :)

When we went in April they provided us the cushions at the end of the meal. We were going to the show right after dinner. After the show ended, we put the cushions in our locker on Main Street. We always rent one of the small lockers in the morning when we arrive. We've found it very convenient for dropping off jackets, purchases, etc. throughout the day so that we don't have to carry anything.

I don't know how quickly the lockers fill up, but I would imagine that if you needed a larger locker, those may fill up quicker as there are less of those to go around.

There are lockers at both Main Street in DL and Buena Vista Street in CA. There always seem to be plenty when we go in.

DD and I did a daddy daughter trip in 2018 and then again this past Aug and DW was with us this time. Knowing that we already had 2 at home (and DW knowing that we did not need a total of 5) we decided a head of time to pixie dust 2 of the ones we got this year. DD was very excited to do this. Believe it or not it was difficult to find a family with just two kids at the end of the night so we ended up taking them back to the room with us. We later saw a family with 2 kids the perfect age at our hotel. We got the cushions and had DD give them too them. They were very excited.

Anyone have a picture to share of the current cushion design?

This is what it was in both August 2018 and 2019. Not sure if it's changed
Cushion-e1547786517268.jpg

Planning a trip for September 2020, I have been reading about the various Fantasmic dining packages available. One of the articles I read was from 2018 and it talks about the Blue Bayou package including a cushion to sit on and keep. The Disneyland website doesn't mention this, so is it still part of the package?

Thanks!

Good question! We've done this package 3 (4?) times and have received a cushion with all but the last one (November 2019). I believe they said they were out of the cushions so gave us a light up Blue Bayou lanyard. That was kind of a bummer, but not a huge deal. I'm curious to know if they are offering the cushions again.

Yes, there were posts a while back at the beginning of December that the cushions were back (apparently they weren't available because someone stuffed up the order!)

Steve - the cushion has never been on the website description - probably gives them an 'out' if something like the above happens!
We've done the package 4 or 5 times and always gotten the cushion. As far as I'm aware / have read they are back in stock - it's very rare to hear them not having them.
You can check back just before your trip to see what's happening at that time and cancel your reservation if there's a problem etc.. that you're not happy with.
We love eating there and watching the show from the BB seating area - we get a different 'pattern' cushion each time - they always seem to improve the design (IMO) each time we go.

Hope that helps : )

Planning a trip for September 2020, I have been reading about the various Fantasmic dining packages available. One of the articles I read was from 2018 and it talks about the Blue Bayou package including a cushion to sit on and keep. The Disneyland website doesn't mention this, so is it still part of the package?

Thanks!
Read through the last page or two of this thread where your post is now to get the latest updates on the BB F! cushion situation.

Super interesting that on the Fantasmic dining packages page of the website it specifically says the reservation areas are standing only. Odd that they’re missing a good marketing opportunity and frustrating for people that rely on the information on the site who wouldn’t know that a) you can actually sit and b) you get a cushion!

Super interesting that on the Fantasmic dining packages page of the website it specifically says the reservation areas are standing only. Odd that they’re missing a good marketing opportunity and frustrating for people that rely on the information on the site who wouldn’t know that a) you can actually sit and b) you get a cushion!
Does it say that for all the dining package sections? It used to say that only for the HB package. CMs have said that the "standing only" wording is used as a "just in case." I think it's only been used a few times during peak crowds early on when F! re-opened in its current form. CMs now say that they can't remember telling guests to stand in the dining package sections in over a year. And although all the dining package sections are seated (on the ground), only BB includes the cushion.

Are the menus for lunch BB fantastic package the same as the supper one? Just doing some research...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter