Recent polls about "Millenials"

No, that happened in like the 40's.
The people from the 40's are known as the greatest generation. Many, most of them grew up in poverty, defeated two powerful world powers then raised families and bettered themselves without complaining by hard work and education. Their parents died relatively young or had no money to help them.

The people from the 40's are known as the greatest generation. Many, most of them grew up in poverty, defeated two powerful world powers then raised families and bettered themselves without complaining by hard work and education. Their parents died relatively young or had no money to help them.

I understand what the Greatest Generation is. I'm saying they started calling two generations after them ignorant of their world.

The Greatest Generation was born between 1910 and 1924. By the 1940's, the The Greatest Generation was 20 to early 30-something adults and giving birth to the Boomers. I'm insinuating that calling kids ignorant started with that label being applied to the Boomers. So I guess I should have said the 50's or early 60's instead of the 40's.

You know...Hippies. Cavemen. Thugs.

upload_2018-5-9_15-22-24.jpeg
Meatheads.

Um no. They are the silent generation. Before them came the "Greatest" generation. After them came the baby boomers.

Maybe, maybe not. But a person does not have to look hard to hear this story over and over again. Just google it. The fact that I see it every day is depressing. The fact that young people are shooting up schools now should wake people up about how children are being raised now.

You do understand that violent crimes in general and the murder rate in particular have been generally declining since about 1985-1990 or so? Sounds to me like the children are doing better at doing the right thing on that, not worse.

...there is no way in hell 61% of my generation isn't aware of the holocaust.

You’d be surprised, just look at those man on the street bits where they ask people obvious questions and get insane answers & blank stares...

I wonder if some of this is the different context - what people "know" when it's asked a specific way class vs. what they actually use and apply in the real world?

Anyway, I was getting confused about the generation names, and I found this:

http://www.marketingteacher.com/the-six-living-generations-in-america/

It seemed interesting enough to to share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter