Recipes with banana peppers?

minnie1012

DIS Veteran
I recently had banana peppers for the first time in my life! lol. I'm not sure how I went this long without ever trying one! Probably because regular peppers don't agree with me so when I hear "pepper" I skip. I had them in a salad from Saladworks and loved them. What can I make with them? Do you cook them or keep the raw? I really know nothing about them. I did some searches but couldn't really find anything. Does anyone have any recipes that have banana peppers in them?

I recently had banana peppers for the first time in my life! lol. I'm not sure how I went this long without ever trying one! Probably because regular peppers don't agree with me so when I hear "pepper" I skip. I had them in a salad from Saladworks and loved them. What can I make with them? Do you cook them or keep the raw? I really know nothing about them. I did some searches but couldn't really find anything. Does anyone have any recipes that have banana peppers in them?

I put them on sub sandwiches and pizza.

I have never heard of Saladworks, so I am going to assume that they are pickled. I have never really seen any recipes for using them. I have always used them as a condiment. Put them on top of a sandwich, salad, nachos, casserole. Subway uses them on their subs if you want.

1 boneless chuck roast
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pkt of Lipton onion soup
half a jar of sliced banana peppers (less or more according to your taste)
Throw it all in slow cooker on low for 5-7 hours depending on how your slow cooker cooks. It should shred up without effort mine is usually ready in about 5 hours
Shred up and serve on hard rolls (or whatever type you like)
I also eat it over mashed potatoes and serve with a side of broccoli

My sister and I make a yummy roast with banana peppers we found on pinterest, very similar to post above but sub pkg of ranch for mushroom soup and no lipton either. It turns out very moist and delish! I don’t believe I’m missing any ingredients, may want to check!

My sister and I make a yummy roast with banana peppers we found on pinterest, very similar to post above but sub pkg of ranch for mushroom soup and no lipton either. It turns out very moist and delish! I don’t believe I’m missing any ingredients, may want to check!

I think your recipe includes a stick of butter also?

I really like making Cuban sandwiches but my husband doesn't like pickles so I put banana peppers on his and he loves it.

Another vote for the pickled ones (from a jar) are really good on hearty sandwiches and on pizza.:)

The most delicious beef sandwiches ever...

- Season and sear beef roast (I have also used leftover grilled steaks)
- Cook in crockpot or pressure cooker with banana peppers (I use the spicy ones) plus the liquid from the jar, and Italian dressing seasoning (or your own similar mix of spices)
- Shred beef
- Serve on crusty rolls with extra liquid to dip (optional)

The peppers basically just dissolve into the meat leaving it saturated with the tangy spicy flavor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter