Reconsidering Owner's Locker - what do you put in yours, and what are pros/cons?

This is something I often consider but then wonder if it's really worth it. For those of you who keep toiletries or alcohol in it...those things eventually run out. How do you handle replacing them? We use Garden Grocer on each trip, but their prices don't exactly make sense for stocking up. We do not want to take the time out on a vacation to go to Walmart to refill the bin. There are other things, like umbrellas and pool items I could definitely prefer to leave behind in a bin, but again, not sure it's worth the cost.

For the last 25 years, I've stopped at Publix and now, Walmart (once in a moon, Target) to pick up shampoo, laundry detergent, alcohol, snacks, etc...this won't change because I want yogurt and cream and, well, that doesn't keep for months. LOL I am confident the cost will be close for us but the worry factor and convenience makes it worth it!

We bought ourselves and our girls the roller carry-on suitcases to limit the amount of things that we bring on vacation. This really cuts down on the unnecessary extra cloths, and the girls can actually handle their own luggage. But only really works if your staying in a room with laundry. We also bring one large piece of luggage for all the things (ie. large liquids) that can't be carried on a plane.

This has also helped in packing the minivan for our other vacations.

Our stuffed locker:
dry oil tanner
sunscreen (SPF45)
body butter, moisturizer
Body glide
aloe
body spray
nail polish remover (bottle)
nail file
eye makeup remover
Rusk speed freak Hair dryer, Chi flat iron
comb, brush
Matrix Shampoo & conditioner
soap (DH hates H2O soap)
tweezer
nail scissors
disposable razors
Hair treatments (spray, serum)
First Aid Kit
Band-Aids
moleskin
hot/cold compress
aloe gel
deodorant (1 men's, 1 women's)
Q-tips
face wash
insect spray
thermometer
toothpaste, brushes, floss
foot spray
Baby powder
Brita pitcher
ziplock bags - quart, gallon
salt, pepper
bag clips
funnel
small collapsible cooler
collapsible water bottles
collapsible food storage containers
coffee scoop
filters
sweet n low, sugar packets
pancake syrup
laundry detergent, softener
dryer sheets (in double ziplocks so scent doesn't get on everything)
lint roller, wrinkle release
bathroom spray
Scissors
packing tape
sewing kit
sound machine
magnifying glass
cooling towels
shamwow (great for water rides & unexpected downpours)
zip ties
post-its
eyeglass repair kit
Playing cards, UNO
ponchos
extra Magic Bands

We removed 4 glass plates, 4 bowls, a set of flatware set, sharp knives, & pitcher (for iced tea, etc.) once we stopped staying in studios.

Also, we rent a car for about a week of a 12-13 day vacay, & pick up actual groceries somewhere along the line. Having the necessities from Day 1 without packing all that is wonderful!

Our stuffed locker:
dry oil tanner
sunscreen (SPF45)
body butter, moisturizer
Body glide
aloe
body spray
nail polish remover (bottle)
nail file
eye makeup remover
Rusk speed freak Hair dryer, Chi flat iron
comb, brush
Matrix Shampoo & conditioner
soap (DH hates H2O soap)
tweezer
nail scissors
disposable razors
Hair treatments (spray, serum)
First Aid Kit
Band-Aids
moleskin
hot/cold compress
aloe gel
deodorant (1 men's, 1 women's)
Q-tips
face wash
insect spray
thermometer
toothpaste, brushes, floss
foot spray
Baby powder
Brita pitcher
ziplock bags - quart, gallon
salt, pepper
bag clips
funnel
small collapsible cooler
collapsible water bottles
collapsible food storage containers
coffee scoop
filters
sweet n low, sugar packets
pancake syrup
laundry detergent, softener
dryer sheets (in double ziplocks so scent doesn't get on everything)
lint roller, wrinkle release
bathroom spray
Scissors
packing tape
sewing kit
sound machine
magnifying glass
cooling towels
shamwow (great for water rides & unexpected downpours)
zip ties
post-its
eyeglass repair kit
Playing cards, UNO
ponchos
extra Magic Bands

We removed 4 glass plates, 4 bowls, a set of flatware set, sharp knives, & pitcher (for iced tea, etc.) once we stopped staying in studios.

Also, we rent a car for about a week of a 12-13 day vacay, & pick up actual groceries somewhere along the line. Having the necessities from Day 1 without packing all that is wonderful!

Thank you! Wow, that is a lot! Now I have a list to start thinking about. DH still wants to pack kids' liquid tylenol AND motrin, not that we've ever used it. Also "extra sunscreen" so we have (no joke) about 8 partially used tubes or bottles at home.

Also, the morning of our trip - even if our flight's at 6am - he waits for everyone to brush their teeth before packing up their home toothbrushes and toothpaste. Also waits for me to brush the girls' hair before packing a brush. Because it is too hard to just keep a travel toiletry bag with spares of everything. (I have my own, after years of work travel. He travels for work a lot too, but chooses the inefficient route every time.)

This is something I often consider but then wonder if it's really worth it. For those of you who keep toiletries or alcohol in it...those things eventually run out. How do you handle replacing them?

We fly Southwest so if I need to replenish a lot of stuff I'll just bring a bigger suitcase or one just for box replenish.

Thank you! Wow, that is a lot! Now I have a list to start thinking about. DH still wants to pack kids' liquid tylenol AND motrin, not that we've ever used it. Also "extra sunscreen" so we have (no joke) about 8 partially used tubes or bottles at home.

Do they still make the chewable kid's tylenol? I had that in our box when mine were younger. Our box has gone through a lot of content changes over the years. I used to pack it with the dividers included, then I switched to putting everything in gallon ziplocs and layering it. The ziploc method lets me get more stuff in there btw. But if you get a box you'll find out after a few trips what you have to have in there and what is a waste. I found medicine to be a waste of space as we never used it (excluding adult painkillers and tums for hangovers lol) so I chucked it after it's expiration and just bought what I needed in the resort if I someone got ill.

Also, the morning of our trip - even if our flight's at 6am - he waits for everyone to brush their teeth before packing up their home toothbrushes and toothpaste. Also waits for me to brush the girls' hair before packing a brush. Because it is too hard to just keep a travel toiletry bag with spares of everything. (I have my own, after years of work travel. He travels for work a lot too, but chooses the inefficient route every time.)
I think it's a guy thing - DH is the same way :confused3
BTW, we fly Southwest; filling suitcases with all those liquids, hoping to heck nothing breaks, keeping it under 50 lbs both ways, then dragging it to the airport, & back once home is just not fun, IMHO. For almost 2 weeks, we each have one suitcase (with room to take "stuff" back) & 1 carryon - easy peasy :goodvibes

Anti Nausea and anti diarrhea meds because who wants to make that trip to Walmart at 3:00 a.m. Two doses of everything. I can always get more...

Just got home from my second time using the OL and really like it. I added a Mini Keurig to ours (LOVE having it, especially for the times we stay non DVC and there's no coffee maker), and was wondering if you store your K cups in yours, and if they store well? I ended up storing 14 of them in a ziplock bag and really hope they'll be okay in 4 more months?

Just got home from my second time using the OL and really like it. I added a Mini Keurig to ours (LOVE having it, especially for the times we stay non DVC and there's no coffee maker), and was wondering if you store your K cups in yours, and if they store well? I ended up storing 14 of them in a ziplock bag and really hope they'll be okay in 4 more months?
The OL warehouse is climate controlled, so your K cups should be fine. We have stored 12 bottles if wine (in 2 lockers), pizza pan, scissors, pencils, Disney-related clothing, assorted tools (pliers, wrench, screw drivers), bottle openers, ponchos, flip flops, hats, detergent, soaps, etc.

The current deal for DVC Members is a great way to test drive the system and see how you like it.

Enjoy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter