• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reedy Creek Fire Station

OK, maybe a little bit true.

SEE! I told you I would get to the bottom of it! That explains everything now:rotfl: :lmao: Thanks for starting my day with a laugh Robo!

Just to add to the 'fire' .. ahem..

I can't speak for everyone here.. but when I was 6 years old, my next door neighbour was a firefighter and my dad's best friend was the 'chief' of the fire department in our city..

I was completely fascinated by firetrucks, firestations and heck for that matter .. fire was a pretty novel concept. Given my families connections to the fire dept, I went on tours, rode in a firetruck (non-responding of course) ... climbed on the firetruck.. rolled up hoses.. you name it.

Remember.. there are THOUSANDS of registered kids reading on the DIS. I doubt very much there are hundreds of thousands of them .. but then again -- if I had a six year old in my family (ok, who am I kidding.. that doesn't matter) -- the firestation IS NOW near the top of the list of 'free and cool things to do at Disney' ;)

Knox

I have haven't read all the posts, but when we were there last May, we stopped in there. My Dad collects the fire dept patches. We brought one from our home town and asked if they would like to trade! Of course they did! So if your son wanted one, bring one from your town. Did you say your husband was a firefighter? Then bring one of his to trade! And if you would like to trade me, so I could get one from your husbands dept, I'll get you one from here! Let me know!!

Ok people. ... stop slacking.. this thread has only had a few hundred page views in the last little while..

Yesterday it was THOUSANDS.. stop reading those "other" threads and get back in here! :)

Ok people. ... stop slacking.. this thread has only had a few hundred page views in the last little while..

Yesterday it was THOUSANDS.. stop reading those "other" threads and get back in here! :)

I gave at the office.

Look, I am doing what I can, but its hard to keep up because my stupid job keeps interupting me. If my boss keeps interupting me like this, then I am going to call in sick tomorrow so I can focus on whats important:lmao: :rotfl2:

I have haven't read all the posts, but when we were there last May, we stopped in there. My Dad collects the fire dept patches. We brought one from our home town and asked if they would like to trade! Of course they did! So if your son wanted one, bring one from your town. Did you say your husband was a firefighter? Then bring one of his to trade! And if you would like to trade me, so I could get one from your husbands dept, I'll get you one from here! Let me know!!

We plan to bring a patch to trade from DH's fire department - I'm glad to hear this is an ok thing to do!!:thumbsup2

Kimba

My Dh former LT from the Fd was here tonight and we were, of course, talking about Disney. I told him how I'd been able to set up a tour at the St Pete's master Station and how excited the boys were for a tour of the RCFD.

he said last itme he was ther (1 yr ago) he stopped by the "Dalmation station", explained he was a career ff and not a single one of the guys were willing to give him a tour.

I am so hoping that he'd caught them on a "bad" day. I don't want to get my boys hopes up and have them treated poorly. If so, we'll just stick with the tour in St pete's. Someone please tell me it is so!!!:confused:

DOn't want to sound like a downer...just so much time vested into making everything "magical". I'd hate to have it ruined

Sounds like they may have caught them at a bad time. I spoke to a family member who works for RCFD at the Dalmation Station. He says they give tours all the time of the station, and to stop by anytime during the day. Also, as far as t-shirts, he says the only station these are offered is at station 4 which is the new location across from Saratoga. Hope this helps!:)

I figured it must have just been a bad or off day. We all have them, that's for sure.

Wow, i sure can't type late at night. So many typos. oh well:)

collcass - have you considered also touring E-One? You can schedule a tour there.

I would just tell your kids that you are going to stop by and see the staion, then they aren't expecting anything more and if it's a good time and a tour is offered, then it will just be like a bonus!:thumbsup2

We plan to bring a patch from the local fire department.

collcass - have you considered also touring E-One? You can schedule a tour there.

I would just tell your kids that you are going to stop by and see the staion, then they aren't expecting anything more and if it's a good time and a tour is offered, then it will just be like a bonus!:thumbsup2

What is E-one?

That's what we will tell them. That should do it:)

Thanks, Dan, I realized after I posted it was referring to the mfr. Bet the boys would have a blast seeing those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter