• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reedy Creek Fire Station

E-One is located here where I live. If you want to see the tour, you better do it soon, because its looking more and more like their days are numbered. The company is for sale, and I would not be suprised if it was sold off and shut down....

Off topic, but my dad used to be the Florida dealer for E-One, and Reedy Creek bought all their firetrucks from his company. Back in the early 80's, Disney did not own a ladder truck, and as a result had no way to get people out of the skybuckets in MK if they broke down. To test the new truck, my dad and a couple other guys drove the truck into Fantasyland, and demonstrated "rescuing" cast members who had been placed in every other bucket. Apparently this was a big purchase for Disney back then, because Card Walker happened to be at WDW that morning and came to watch the demonstration. Makes me wish I was old enough back then to tag along, cause man how cool would it have been to see that!popcorn::

Anyway, just a short little story that was only semi-related to the topic at best:rotfl2:

DH spent some time at E-one when the department here was buying a truck and had a blast!!

Trish

E-One is located here where I live. If you want to see the tour, you better do it soon, because its looking more and more like their days are numbered. The company is for sale, and I would not be suprised if it was sold off and shut down....

Off topic, but my dad used to be the Florida dealer for E-One, and Reedy Creek bought all their firetrucks from his company. Back in the early 80's, Disney did not own a ladder truck, and as a result had no way to get people out of the skybuckets in MK if they broke down. To test the new truck, my dad and a couple other guys drove the truck into Fantasyland, and demonstrated "rescuing" cast members who had been placed in every other bucket. Apparently this was a big purchase for Disney back then, because Card Walker happened to be at WDW that morning and came to watch the demonstration. Makes me wish I was old enough back then to tag along, cause man how cool would it have been to see that!popcorn::

Anyway, just a short little story that was only semi-related to the topic at best:rotfl2:

DH - just said to me " don't think that place is going to be around much longer. His dept just purchased a couple new trucks but I think they are Ferrara's

firefighterBoxers.jpg

http://www.webundies.com/fbb011.htm

Just to let you all know, we are always glad to show visitors the Fire Station aka known as "Dalmatian Station" at WDW. I'm a secretary there and we've welcomed visitors from all over the world and proudly shown them our station. If you wish to purchase tee shirts, they are available at our Station 4 which is on Buena Vista Drive, across from the Saratoga Springs Resort. If you stop by, do ask for me - Pat.

Hi, Pat. I am sending you a private message.

This has turned out to be quite the thread.

So lets take it to the next step.....

PICTURES!!! Anybody got any of the stations or of the apparatus?

:firefight

You know, I've been to the Dalmation Station no less than 50 times to visit my uncle, and not once have I thought to take a picture. Then again, I never figured we would end up talking about it on the DIS:)

Not sure if they take you here on the tours, but I have always found the 911 dispatch room to be really cool. Its neat to see their computer programs, and watch where on property calls are coming in from, etc. Usually when I am there, however, all that happens is people dial 911 by accident trying to make an Intl call:upsidedow

collcass - Sorry I didn't reply sooner - but it looks like it's been covered! The tour is really interesting!

I posted a few days ago about a young firefighter in our town who had been critically burned attempting to rescue a woman from a fully envolved house fire after she ran back into the house to get her dog. I am sorry to post that he has died from the injuries he sustained in that fire. Brad was only 21 years old, a true hero in every sense of the word. Please keep the Holmes family from PA in your thoughts and prayers. Our small PA town is expecting over 2500 family, friends and fellow firefighters to pay tribute to this young hero tomorrow. R.I.P. Bradley P. Holmes

I posted a few days ago about a young firefighter in our town who had been critically burned attempting to rescue a woman from a fully envolved house fire after she ran back into the house to get her dog. I am sorry to post that he has died from the injuries he sustained in that fire. Brad was only 21 years old, a true hero in every sense of the word. Please keep the Holmes family from PA in your thoughts and prayers. Our small PA town is expecting over 2500 family, friends and fellow firefighters to pay tribute to this young hero tomorrow. R.I.P. Bradley P. Holmes

That is so sad. He, his family and fellow firefighters are in our thoughts and prayers.

Trish

I'm am truly sorry to hear this. DH has been asking me if we had any updates, I'll be sad to share this with him. I'll be praying for his family and fellow firefighters.

Kimba

I am so sorry to hear his. My thoughts and prayers are with his family

I'm so sorry to hear that he has past. Unfortunetly he was not the only fire fighter from Penn. to die in the line of duty this week. Nicholas Picozzi Jr leaves behind a wife and two young boys after dying while battling a 3 alarm house fire in upper Chichester.

Here is an article on Brad Holmes

Firehouse.com Home > In The Line Of Duty

Pennsylvania Firefighter Dies from Burns Suffered in Blaze
Funeral information below

Posted: 03-05-2008
Updated: 03-06-2008 03:04:57 PM

Pittsburgh-

A firefighter hurt in the line of duty has died.

Brad Holmes had been in critical condition at UPMC Mercy. He had burns on 75 percent of his body after running into a burning Grove City home on Friday.

Holmes died around 5:15 a.m. Wednesday.

His colleagues have draped an American flag in his locker. They have also posted a memo board where firefighters from around the area are writing words of encouragement.

Phone calls of support are coming in from across the nation. His colleagues are also making sure Holmes' family is taken care of.

Firefighter John Nicklin said, "We're taking turns, running shifts down to stay with the family, be with the family. I mean, they need our support. They need everyone's support, their prayers."

Patricia Andrews-Smith died in the fire when she went back in to save her dog, which had already escaped.

Investigators said a hair dryer left running on a couch sparked the fire.

Here is also part of the story on Nicholas Picozzi Jr

Pennsylvania Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze
Funeral information below

Posted: 03-05-2008
Updated: 03-07-2008 09:45:14 AM

When the Lower Chichester firehouse whistle blew yesterday, Lt. Nicholas Picozzi Jr. was not the only one from his family to respond.

His father, Nicholas Sr., a member of the fire police, and his mother, Nancy, financial secretary for the ladies auxiliary, also turned out.

They were on the scene as the married father of two boys, and a seven-year volunteer with the Lower Chichester Fire Company, was fatally injured while battling a three-alarm house blaze in Upper Chichester.

Picozzi, 35, was taken out of the charred house on a stretcher yesterday morning and rushed to Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland.

"The whole family is involved," Lower Chichester Fire Chief Ray Fuller Sr. said yesterday. "That's what makes it hard on us."

Three other firefighters were injured. The cause of the fire is under investigation, officials said, who are awaiting a medical examiner's report for Picozzi's cause of death.

After his son's death, Nicholas Picozzi Sr. was admitted to the hospital as a precaution when he felt ill, said Denis Garvine, a spokesman for the Lower Chichester department.

Picozzi is the second Delaware County firefighter to die on duty in the last five months.

One of the three injured firefighters remained hospitalized. First Assistant Chief Kenny Dawson Jr. from Green Ridge Fire Department in Aston was in fair condition yesterday at the Crozer-Chester burn unit.

Assistant Chief Chris Durbano from Lower Chichester and firefighter Tom Morgan Jr., also of the Green Ridge department, were released from the hospital after treatment.

The firefighters were injured while trying to rescue Picozzi, said David Holland, fire marshal for Upper Chichester.

At the Lower Chichester Municipal Building, fellow firefighters and police recalled their fallen friend as "an all-around nice guy."

He was "a dedicated firefighter," said Sgt. Larry Moore, 44, of the Lower Chichester Police Department, who knew Piccozzi for almost two decades. "You could always guarantee he'd be there if the whistles went off."

Firefighters who knew Picozzi met with crisis-management counselors from Delaware County yesterday afternoon. Flags around lower Delaware County flew at half staff.

More than 100 firefighters from all over the southern part of the county and from Claymont, Del., responded to the three-alarm blaze, which broke out in a two-story, single family home around 8:30 a.m. No one was in the home at the time, fire officials said.

It is a very sad week for the firefighter community, there were also two fireman fatalities in North Carolina on Friday. Hats off to these men that are true hero's in every sense of the word. Brad's brother (also the fire chief) said yesterday at the funeral that Brads picture should be in the dictionary under the word "Hero". He was a very nice young man and is going to missed dearly by his family, firefighters, friends, and our entire town. God bless ALL fireman and first responders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter