Rembering the PeopleMover

Disneyland's#1fan!

Earning My Ears
Out of everyone here, who can tell me that they don't miss the PeopleMover...it was such a class attraction and it wasn't that unpopular i'm sure...if you could breing it back...wouldn't you?

I know i would...disscuss your memories and thoughts of the PeopleMover here!!!

I miss it.

I cant even remember how bad the rocket rods that replaced it were.

SOoooooo miss the Peoplemovers - it really was one of my favorites as a kid. We were so excited to see them in Tomorrowland at WDW when we went last Fall! It was great to see that my kids liked them as much as I did when I was a kid! I think they should bring them back - problems or not - they still seem to work just fine at WDW, and the tracks are still in place!

I definately miss the People Mover. Whenever we go to WDW I ride it several times in a row. It is great fun during a thunderstorm! I also LOVED Rocket Rods even though the lines were hours long ( pre-fast pass days) ! Marilyn

Yes, it was great but so were Country Bear Jamboree and America Sings...

Toontown just isn't a replacement :confused3

Ladyhawke10 said:
Toontown just isn't a replacement :confused3

Is Toontown considered a replacement?

Isnt Winnie the pooh(have not been in it since) is where CBJ was and Innoventions is where America Sings used to be, right???

I dont remember there being anything where toontown is now, maybe a train station between Videopolis(snow white) and Small world but not any real attraction.

You are correct about the placements of pooh and innoventions.

It's a shame, you know. The reason those attractions (Country Bears & Carousel Progress/America Sings) were so great back in the day were because they had great throughput. They both had multiple theaters available, which enabled lots of guest to be entertained at a time.

Unfortunately, it was that very fact that made them targets when the people stopped coming.

I'm still of the opinion that they should have put pooh back up the hill in the old Fantasyland skyway station. IT would have been woody enough, and still in fantasyland.

*shrug*

sigh...and alas.
-Tina. :earboy2:

The People Mover is my favorite of all the rides now closed/removed. That and the Skyway. I wonder what they are going to do with the track? It is old and rusty, they need to do something :confused3

I really do miss the peopleMover. If they wanted to they could bring it back. All the vehicals are in storage, they could take them out and fix them up, along with the track. It would be great, but it's only a fantasy... ::MickeyMo

The Rocket Rods were no excuse to get rid of the peopleMover, if you ask me, and who knows what they have planned for the tracks future? (Maybe something lame, maybe something cool, or maybe nothing at all) :banana:

Anewman said:
Is Toontown considered a replacement?

Isnt Winnie the pooh(have not been in it since) is where CBJ was and Innoventions is where America Sings used to be, right???

I dont remember there being anything where toontown is now, maybe a train station between Videopolis(snow white) and Small world but not any real attraction.

I just meant that Toontown was built later...and I've never cared for it, while I have heartily missed America Sings and Country Bear (sigh). I always make the suggestion that Country Bear should be put in California Adventure in the Grizzly Bear section. :sunny:

tinagirl said:
You are correct about the placements of pooh and innoventions.

It's a shame, you know. The reason those attractions (Country Bears & Carousel Progress/America Sings) were so great back in the day were because they had great throughput. They both had multiple theaters available, which enabled lots of guest to be entertained at a time.

Unfortunately, it was that very fact that made them targets when the people stopped coming.

I'm still of the opinion that they should have put pooh back up the hill in the old Fantasyland skyway station. IT would have been woody enough, and still in fantasyland.

*shrug*

sigh...and alas.
-Tina. :earboy2:

I enjoyed it as well, but what about the old Fantasyland skyway, to bad that wasn't back with additional safety messasure attached. I really like that too, birds I view of the Park. oh well I do enjoy the newer attraction also. Anheim just doesn't have the room WDW has, to bad.

Anewman said:
I miss it.

I cant even remember how bad the rocket rods that replaced it were.

I actually liked the Rocket Rods... :D

...but I do miss the Peoplemover!

I didn't realize the People Mover had been removed. But I haven't been there in twenty years. :(

Actually the PM track is still there, they just stopped running the cars. I'm not sure how well it's been maintained or if the track inside is still there, but it would be a nice addition to the 50th celebration to see it return.

Disneyland's#1fan! said:
How can you not have anything to say about this great, classic ride?

At least it's coming back in another form but coming back I just hate to see the waisted space that could be filled with something.

I sure remember how dissapointed I was not to be able to take my boys on that one. I didnt like the long lines for it but it was the closest I have ever been to such an excursion.

The people mover I liked as a kid because there was never a line and you could rest. The skyway well that was cool but easy to get in trouble on. What was the name of the ride that had the big eye ball staring at you in the end? That was another one that was nice and cool with a fast line.

Oh well I like the new rides too...Toontown is fun and my boys(6 and 8) always like to pop in. Winnie the pooh was just the bomb to my boys the last time we were at DL and since it was late at night the cast members let them ride over and over. Innovations is another that really captures the imagination and you can have a nice time in a cool location.

I love all my favorites but the new doesnt bother me. I guess thats what makes going over and over so much fun, its never the same ol thing no matter how old I get. :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter