Rembering the PeopleMover

I can't say I LOVED the PM but my mom did and always HAD to go on it when I was a kid. I think the reason I didn't like it when I was younger was cuz I was just that A KID and I wanted the thrills. Now that I am a mom myself I have to admit I miss it. I am getting old and am into nostalgia and I hate to see the things of my youth disappearing. I LOVED Journey thru Inner Space as well as America Sings and I miss those as well.

When we went to DW we HAD to go on TTA several times and I admit I do enjoy it. We even got to see SM with the lights on and that right there was worth it all just for that!! :)

I loved the Peoplemover! I still love the TTA and ride it at least once everytime I go to WDW. It is always so sad to see the dead tracks in DL... I just found this site - a site dedicated to the Peoplemover with some photos, videos, etc. A nice way to remember the classic...

http://peopleforthepeoplemover.org/

I too have fond memories of the Peoplemover. Just like another poster said, my mom always wanted to ride the Peoplemover and I wanted to ride "rides".
It went through CoP, didn't it?

When did they close it?

America Sings was replaced because it was kind of dated (Bicentennial theme). It replaced the Carousel of Progress - believe it not, I first saw this in WDW and was told it came from Disneyland.

What I miss is the 360º Circlevision that was very similar to the China exhibit that showed various scenes from San Francisco to Washington DC! That was awesome!

Anyone remember the Sky Trams they had that went from Pirates of the Caribbean through the Matterhorn and ended right near the Autopias? They removed those some years ago that is why you see those two gaping holes in the Matterhorn. I loved to rock those things as they rose to its highest points.

I miss all the attractions you guys mentioned. I used to enjoy riding the Peoplemover through Circlevision, Space Mountain (remember the coasters used to glow in the dark), and Star Tours on the little tour through Tomorrowland.

My fave was the Skyway, though, at twilight just when all the lights came on - it was so pretty! We used to be able to see the matterhorn bobsled tracks, and then they redid the Matterhorn & added the Yeti and "snow" falling, so we couldn't see the tracks anymore, but it was still fun to go through the mountain.

OCSurfCity - they closed up those holes in the Matterhorn, so you don't see them anymore. The skyway used to go from a platform next to Casey Jr Circus Train, and stop in Tomorrowland, near the train station, behind the hat shop.

I also used to love Circlevision (I think I was the only one in the family besides my mom who loved it), and used to get so sentimental listening to America the Beautiful as scenes of our country passed by -- that was a great attraction - and free, too. :)

I also miss the House of the Future, sponsored by Monsanto.

Woody

By the time I got out to DL, the Peoplemover was gone. I did ride Rocket Rods (in the front seat) and loved it. I have always loved the Peoplemover (I still call the one we have here the WEDWAY Peoplemover) and do ride it when I am over at the MK. It is a great way to relax for a little bit.

:sunny:

the very first time I took my daughter to DL when she was little we got to ride the people mover and then by the next year they had taken it out...when I first went I was a teenager and that wasnt a thing for us cool teenagers to ride :smokin: so I never did until I took my dd

disneegrl4eva said:
when I first went I was a teenager and that wasnt a thing for us cool teenagers to ride :smokin: so I never did until I took my dd

All my teenage friends thought it was a cool ride...I seem to remember it being called the best makeout ride in Disneyland. ;)

Have to admit...My first kiss (more of a peck on the cheek) was on the people mover in the 8th grade. :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter