REMINDER: Keep your stuff close

okay....so suppose you wrap the chain through the spokes in the stroller wheels and around the frame? Does that make anybody happy?

Look, theft is a real thing and you can't prevent all of it. All u can do is encourage the bad guys to try somewhere else....like having the alarm system signs on your lawn. The casual crook will try next door....maybe.
That won't work because the CM's have to move the strollers around all the time as "stroller parking" empties out and fills up... You aren't supposed to chain up the stroller in such a way so as to keep the CM's (or thieves) from moving it.

Just another reminder to travel the Parks with as little as possible. It's a vacation, not a military campaign with no supply lines!!!!

I had my daughters super expensive limited edition Belle dress with us on our last trip. I changed my daughter into her dress and we went to meet the princesses in the princess hall. After we were done my husband retrieved the stroller but the padded hangar was missing. Can’t say someone stole it but I was upset it went missing

Thievery obviously happens everywhere, but I would think that it would happen more often at the resorts or Disney Springs, places where there is no admission price. I'm cautious with my stuff, but I'd hate to think that there are more than a handful of unscrupulous people who pay to go to the Disney parks with their main intent being to steal other people's things.

On a different tangent, and pardon me for asking, but why/how is one poster's font size on this thread so much bigger than everyone else's?

Thievery obviously happens everywhere, but I would think that it would happen more often at the resorts or Disney Springs, places where there is no admission price. I'm cautious with my stuff, but I'd hate to think that there are more than a handful of unscrupulous people who pay to go to the Disney parks with their main intent being to steal other people's things.

On a different tangent, and pardon me for asking, but why/how is one poster's font size on this thread so much bigger than everyone else's?

You mean like this?!?!?

It’s just a setting, and I believe you can default it…

When were at disney in 2014, I had my 8 yr old daughters pressed pennies in a pouch that zippered to the stroller. Someone stole the pouch off the stroller. Such a bummer bc they probably just tossed it when they saw nothing else was in it (I used a backpack for valuables). It was our last day too and she had collected so many as her souvenir. She was heartbroken and it wasn't something I could replace. :( lesson learned there.

I will say I lock my front wheel of my stroller to the frame at Disney... and I was there with my brother and asked him to grab the stroller from where I left it and meet up with me. The wheel was locked and he didn’t have the key. All he got while walking the stroller on the back wheels through the parks were a few funny looks. Now he wasn’t steeling it, but we did remark on the lack of concern from the other guests and CMs he past while traversing MK like this!

We've never had anything stolen that I know of and we are guilty of leaving all kinds of things (not wallets or purses) in our stroller. The "stroller fairies" do like to move them a lot & that would occasionally cause a mild panic attack.

We all need to use common sense.

Would we leave stuff sitting anywhere else? Probably not. So why would things be any different at Disney??!

Also, people lugging everything but the kitchen sink into the parks with them is a pet peeve of mine! Makes me angry. Not sure why, since it is not me having to carry it. It really gets on my nerves.

The guys with the huge backpacks, like they are on a camping trip in the wilderness. The resort mugs dangling from big hooks.

The less you haul around the better. And the less you’ll have to lose.

As for the article about the lady using her kid (who appeared to be in Disney costume) to steal that expensive stroller, absolutely shameful. Sad for the kid.

Aren't there cameras everywhere? They have to be able to track down the culprits, who should be arrested and banned for life from Disney properties.
I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me. WDW has thousands upon thousands of guests per day. The parks are huge. Even if they could somehow find that specific video footage, how could they possibly "track down the culprits", identify them, and then find them, much less arrest them? It's not like they have Disney employees constantly watching live camera footage of the entire park, trying to catch thieves. It's not like video surveillance that they have in department stores, where they specifically watch for theft.

I guess the message is, watch your own stuff. Don't expect anyone else to do it for you.

No matter were you are in the world you have to make good decisions on keeping your stuff safe... I think at Disney we just forget all about the world outside, and wish we could, even at Disney there are Villains...

Anything thing of value - should stay with you, your wallet, magic bands, camera's, phone's, tablets, lap tops and such... As well as a favorite toys, stuffed animal or a blanket they can't sleep without... any type of medicine or anything irreplaceable.

At Disney, nothing in a Disney bag left in a stroller... its just to easy for someone that is there to steal to just reach in and walk away with... or for some kid to grab whats inside and wander off with it...

We always use the lockers if we need to lock something up, at the water park we always get a locker, phone, wallets, watches, my handbag all go in... Only towel, sunscreen and our cooler with some drinks goes out to the beach area spot... I have seen people's day bag laying open with their wallet, or credit card just lying there in the open... even at the pool we charge to the room, no cash or cc at the pool...

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense to me. WDW has thousands upon thousands of guests per day. The parks are huge. Even if they could somehow find that specific video footage, how could they possibly "track down the culprits", identify them, and then find them, much less arrest them? It's not like they have Disney employees constantly watching live camera footage of the entire park, trying to catch thieves. It's not like video surveillance that they have in department stores, where they specifically watch for theft.

I guess the message is, watch your own stuff. Don't expect anyone else to do it for you.

I agree that they won't go through all that trouble for a petty theft. And I don't believe at all that they are "constantly watching live camera footage of the entire park, trying to catch thieves." I never said that, nor meant to imply that. But they do have footage of everything that they can go back to when needed. They have to because of all the fraudulent lawsuits they have to protect themselves against.

But again, I agree they won't do that just for petty theft, as much as I would love them to because then maybe it would deter thieves.

Regardless, I'm pretty confident if it was a much more SERIOUS crime they could track that person to their current location. Or if it's too late for that, they could track them to where they next used their MB or credit card, etc and identify them that way. If they leave the park without using either they could probably track them back to when they previously used them, or if they didn't use MB or cc then to when they entered the turnstile and identify them by their pass, magic band, etc.

But again, they wouldn't do all that for petty theft. And I definitely agree that it is up to you to watch your own stuff. That's what I've always done.

the only thing we had stolen was at disneyland,we had a rental stroller from the park and it was stolen 4 times during the day.we had to keeping going back and getting a new one and finally gave up after the 4th time.at first I thought cast members were just moving it but extensive searches did not turn up our name card on a stroller. one time I found the card laying on the ground.

We've traveled to quite a few places over the years and have learned one thing, leave any valuables at home. I quit buying the nice luggage after an incident at the airport. Funny, a cheap Walmart suitcase never seems to come up missing. We make our kids wait until the end of the day to buy any souvenirs and try to keep our camera with us at all times. Its a sad world at times.

Every trip we are here, multiple times we come across situations of stolen items from stroller or purses picked of wallets in lines. Odds are that it happens way more, I’m not that lucky.
We don't go as often as you do but we've had APs forever and I don't recall a single trip where I personally came across a situation of someone having items taken or being pick-pocketed. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen because I know it does! I'm just saying that I must be completely oblivious to other people's problems at WDW.

As for us, when we had a stroller we kept virtually nothing in it so there was nothing to take.

Last edited:
the only thing we had stolen was at disneyland,we had a rental stroller from the park and it was stolen 4 times during the day.we had to keeping going back and getting a new one and finally gave up after the 4th time.at first I thought cast members were just moving it but extensive searches did not turn up our name card on a stroller. one time I found the card laying on the ground.

At Hollywood Studios in January, I witnessed one family caught in the act of trying to take another family's park-rented stroller. The stroller thief didn't seem to have a strong grasp of English, but seemed to be saying they thought the strollers were there for anyone to use. :scratchin

At Hollywood Studios in January, I witnessed one family caught in the act of trying to take another family's park-rented stroller. The stroller thief didn't seem to have a strong grasp of English, but seemed to be saying they thought the strollers were there for anyone to use. :scratchin

yeah ,you know how hard those cards with the families name they put on top of the strollers is to see and read. :rolleyes1

I normally put all I need in a lanyard pocket around my neck. (Credit Card, Money, AP, ID, cell phone.). Snacks and such go in a pocket bag on my wheelchair. Big bag on back carries ponchos and power pack for charging chair. Coats, jackets etc can go in there as well. Can be secured. Purchases are sent back to resort to be picked up later. If last day send to front until you are ready to leave.

On our first trip, I snuck a Tile location tracker into the stroller fabric. Was useful when the stroller was gone but the app was telling me it was nearby so I didn't panic. Of course it's only useful if it's around other smartphones that have the Tile app installed.

On our second trip, I just didn't keep anything valuable in the stroller

Why would you leave that much stuff unattended? Why would you bring it to begin with?

I was just in Italy for two weeks, first time. Heard all about how I was guaranteed to get robbed/pickpocketed. Horror stories of stolen passports, thousands of dollars.

So I left my passport in the AirBnB. Took a Visa and a day's worth of Euro out every day in my inside jacket pocket.

Walking about I see people with fat wallets stuffed with everything they own, passports, debit cards, hundreds of Euro/American dollars/Yen/Pounds. Pulling luggage, shopping at Gucci and Prada, leaving luggage near the doors of the shop.

Then I realized I had made myself the more difficult, less worthwhile target, so anyone interested was immediately going to skip me. That's what it takes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter