Renting DVC from UK

TomBella

Earning My Ears
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Hi, we have just decided to cancel our August holiday and have had our points returned to us by DVC. However, due to the bad luck of our Sept use year, our 2018 and 2019 points have gone into our current year and expire at the end of August. We are looking to try and rent them out so we can then use the funds to rent more points to go again next year. We are looking at using David's but I am seeing the comments above and it is making me wary. If they rent for us and pay 70% on booking and then for whatever reason the booking doesn't go ahead do we have to pay the money back and lose the other 30%? Also, we have PayPal but is there a way to have money transferred from the states or Canada without any fees other than the exchange rate or with the lowest fees? I am wondering this as I am also in touch with a couple of people from the states via Facebook who might be interested in our points. TIA
 

McCrae

DIS Veteran
Joined
Aug 29, 2009
Hi, we have just decided to cancel our August holiday and have had our points returned to us by DVC. However, due to the bad luck of our Sept use year, our 2018 and 2019 points have gone into our current year and expire at the end of August. We are looking to try and rent them out so we can then use the funds to rent more points to go again next year. We are looking at using David's but I am seeing the comments above and it is making me wary. If they rent for us and pay 70% on booking and then for whatever reason the booking doesn't go ahead do we have to pay the money back and lose the other 30%? Also, we have PayPal but is there a way to have money transferred from the states or Canada without any fees other than the exchange rate or with the lowest fees? I am wondering this as I am also in touch with a couple of people from the states via Facebook who might be interested in our points. TIA
David’s covers the PayPal fees when he makes payments. If you have a US bank account where you pay your annual dues from you can transfer money to this account from pay pal without any fees. Transfers to the UK have a foreign exchange charge only.
 


BrerRemus

Earning My Ears
DVC Gold
Joined
Apr 15, 2019
We have just rented ours out on the boards here as we were in the same situation as you. It only took a week to rent out 166 easy process. Also one person paid using a Disney gift card as that is how their vacation had been refunded we used the card to pay off some of next years dues so no PayPal exchange charge.
 

TomBella

Earning My Ears
Joined
Jan 6, 2010
Thanks for the information guys. I have completed the registration forms with David's and have also managed to rent 38 points via a Facebook page and the PayPal transaction was super easy. Sadly I can't advertise my points on here at the moment as i haven't made enough posts on the boards in the past 6 months. I was on here 10 months ago when we were trying to rent extra points for our (now cancelled) trip but had then got bogged down with work and stuff.I guess if I post on a few boards now I can get my message rate up again.
 

starry_solo

DIS Veteran
Joined
Nov 19, 2010
Thanks for the information guys. I have completed the registration forms with David's and have also managed to rent 38 points via a Facebook page and the PayPal transaction was super easy. Sadly I can't advertise my points on here at the moment as i haven't made enough posts on the boards in the past 6 months. I was on here 10 months ago when we were trying to rent extra points for our (now cancelled) trip but had then got bogged down with work and stuff.I guess if I post on a few boards now I can get my message rate up again.
It really is easy to post on various sections of this forum!
 





Connect

Disney News and Updates





SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.






Top