Reservation Finder Experience and thanks!

mom25kiddos

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to give a quick update and thank you! I read on this board about the reservation finder and gave it a try (had used the pay services that were available a few years ago). I wanted a reservation for BOG for 4 for lunch or dinner, so put in searches for both. It was the only thing my oldest daughter had asked to do, and I was pretty certain I wouldn't be able to get one-we are only one month out. I used the finder and within an hour had my first text, missed that one, and a second one shortly after, but snagged the third one. It probably took 2.5 hours from when I started the search. Got an 1130 lunch time. Later that evening I got a note about a dinner time too. The only thing I don't love about it is that when you miss an alert (or don't get to the computer in time to book the reservation) you then have to go back on touring plans and reset the search-it doesn't just keep searching (it assumes you snag what it sends you). How I actually did it was to have the reservation page open on my computer and waiting and as soon as the text came, I was already logged in and just put in the date it was available. So thanks so much to those who suggested this option, greatly appreciated! My daughter is thrilled and now debating her lunch-the braised pork or the croque monsieur? lol

What luck! That was a fast.

I've had a search for an early Sci-Fi lunch for weeks and, nada. I have a late lunch ADR I made at my 180 mark, we just don't want to be in the park at 2pm when check-in at YC CL is beckoning us and the heat is wilting us ;)

This gives me hope! I just heard about the reservation finder & put in 2 requests for lunch at Be Our Guest at the end of May. Fingers crossed!

Glad it worked for you! We've had a lot of luck with it too but I know it varies. Still beats constantly checking yourself!

I love the TP Reservation Finder. One tip that I would share though is to set up an alert for something easy to get so that you get an initial text and can add the number as a contact in your phone, then assign it a special text tone so you know when you hear that specific noise that it's the reservation finder and not just any old text that could wait. Then once you've got that set up, set the search for what you really want. That way you're not rushing to your phone for every single text hoping it's a table. :)

It worked for me but it did take over a month. Both times I was texted, it was about 4:00 AM though. I missed the first text but somehow was awakened by the second one. A very cool way to snag a reservation!

The reservation finder snagged me an Akershus reservation. Now just waiting fingers crossed for a 1900 Park Fare dinner!

I've had two of them set up for BOG for 2 months with no luck. I just got two texts over the last 2 days so it kind of just depends.

We love this service. Just went during spring break and didn't finalize our eating plans till close to the trip. Was able to find the Ohana, BOG and CRT dates/times we wanted very quickly!

Worked like a dream for a BOG dinner for mom and I in February. I'd use it again in a heart beat.

Snagged a reservation at Beaches & Cream about 10 days before our trip in January. Hoping for the same lick for breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno for our trip in May...Leaving in a week!

I scored a 6:55pm reservation at BOG in early Aug today - notification came in via text at 3:50 am. Luckily the res was still open when I saw it a couple of hours later. Res finder rocks!

Not a Disney Newbie, But a newbie to FD and ADRs. Is there a way someone can send me a message about this service? Don't want to break the rules and mention another site. Thanks!! Going in November so Hoping May 18th I can get what I want but would like a backup. Thank you guys! Love this site for all the new stuff!

Ha! Someone did snag it from me. Good to know for next time.

Also, follow the August canceled adr thread on here under dining reservations. People post all of the time that they plan on canceling and will coordinate via private message

I've had requests in for both Beaches and Cream and PPO BOG. I've gotten 2 notices now that there was a BOG but by the time I could get my app to cooperate, it was gone. I don't need it any more, but still waiting on the B&C. I have one, but trying for a better time.

ETA, the TP reservation finder works, though.

If I can't get BOG lunch for our November trip, I'm totally using the reservation finder. Thanks for sharing your experience, OP!

The service is great. I can't believe they don't make you be a subscriber to use it (I am one anyway). Got a text this morning and snagged a BOG for 8 people for dinner. We are so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter