Ride Swap- If you are a little confused.. (Formally 1 week topic)

Disneyland_emily

DIS Veteran
Okay I'm getting it right this time around :)

The Ride Swap will be launching next Wednesday morning about 10am MST(aka Utah time)

For those who do not know, this swap will be a little different in the fact I am trying a double swap to accomadate all those who want to participate. I *think* I have all the details worked out and for those who have participated you will notice only one minor difference.

Signups will start as usual, with the normal categories offered and choose as normal EXCEPT do not choose your theme. Once the swap is full it will be given a final details thread where you'll choose your theme. Once the first round of signups are complete the 2nd set will be opened until full (and the same theme rule applies) and given its own final details thread. (The lack of theme will be so that both groups can do the same themes and the 2nd team isnt left choosing the non headliners for all theirs)

The teams will each be their own swap so each team will only do 24 of each element, this is in essance 2 swaps just being run at the same time with the same theme.

If you will not be around that week and would like to participate, please let me know- You will not get head of the line access but you will be in the swap :)

-em

I'm in! I am so excited!!! This will be my first swap! Yippee!

Cheers!

May we have shaker boxes as an element for the Ride Swap? Please, please, please???

I'm in too!

I'm taking the advice of a dear friend and tying another knot to the string of my life. As long as I don't tie a "slip knot", I'm in too. I've marked my calendar for next week.

sweet maxine said:
May we have shaker boxes as an element for the Ride Swap? Please, please, please???

I'm in too!

I'm thinking I may participate in my first swap here too. However, I've see the shaker boxes....do you ladies MAKE those? If so, HOW?

dreams91 said:
I'm thinking I may participate in my first swap here too. However, I've see the shaker boxes....do you ladies MAKE those? If so, HOW?

I haven't made one yet, but as soon as I finish this anniversary project I'm working on I'm going to try one. There are instructions at DIY Network from their Scrapbooking show. http://www.diynet.com/diy/cr_scrapbooking/article/0,2025,DIY_13776_2385585,00.html

I'll confess that I was still confused after reading it though. I really needed to see one "up close & personal" in order to finally "get it"!

A couple things people have told me about them:
For the "transparency" people have used vellum, baseball card protectors, "cheap" page protectors...
Instead of foam tape, some have used a sheet of craft foam cut with the same diecut as the top & bottom (outer layers of the "sandwich") to create the "well".
Another adhesive used was Art Accentz Terrifically Tack Tape by ProvoCraft.

Is that any help?

Yes that helps. Thanks!! I've seen one but couldn't believe that someone actually made it!!!! :earseek:

I think I'm going to get in on this swap also. I am just about done with my cruise items and dis journal. I feel like such a procrastinator compared to most of you guys in these groups! The cruise swap is my 1st and I can't wait till June. :cool1:

I think that I may possibly join this one too as my first swap. I'm a little nervous though. :blush:

Beware---once you do one, you'll find it's very addicting! ;)

Now, can I put in another shameless plug for shakerboxes? Please??

Okay they will be there :)

They always seem to be the last chosen so I didnt think anyone wanted them but apparently I'm wrong :) They will be there-

Is it Wed YET?

I would like to be in this swap I have never done one so just tell me what to do. It is just like doing a recipe swap isnt it your are given and item you make so many and mail it to people on the list right.
::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter