Ride Swap- If you are a little confused.. (Formally 1 week topic)

I'd like to participate in this. Since this is my first one, could you explain the sign-up rules? Will there be a new sign-up thread on Wednesday? Sorry for the confusion, just want to make sure I know how to get in! Thanks.

Jennifer

Yes- Early Wed you will see a new thread titled something to the effect of Ride Swap Signups and you will see a few details (end date etc) and a list of categories from which to choose- Its first come first serve and there is a limit to 2 people per category. This swap will be a bit different as there are 48 slots this time instead of the usual 24 so I *assume* anytime Wed will be good to signup (but who knows what kind of rush there will be...) If you want to know what categories will be available please look at either the Cruise Swap or the Character Swap as both are pretty much identical on how this swap will be.

-em

I can't wait!

I've been thinking up ideas and running them by my DD this morning during our walk. I'm going to have a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and probably 5th choice of rides to work on as my theme, and jot down some ideas this afternoon so I don't forget. Hopefully I can post early enough to get one of my choices.

Disneyland_emily said:
ME TOO!

Now I could get *really* mean and wait till late Wed to post it...

-em

Now I LIKE that idea.............. :rotfl2: I have to work 12 hours on wed and won't get home until close to 8pm :rotfl:

Just curious - I know we're calling this the "ride" swap, but are we including all attractions? i.e. shows as well as actual rides?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Please don't be mean!!! I've set a reminder to check in at 9:45 am tomorrow! I'll perish if I have to wait much longer!!!!!!!

Also, in the same vein as Piratesmate's question, are attractions that have a ride as part of the overall experience acceptable? For example, some of the Future World pavillions. (I'm not naming any because I don't want anyone to steal mine!!! :teeth: )

Okay Okay I shall be here bright and early-

Yes in the fact there is technically only one *ride* and its at Disneyland (Mr Toad's Wild Ride) Anything where you strap in, sit down and frankly wait in line will count- So all Attractions/Pavillions, Shows, Parades will count from all 4 parks- If its a routinly photographed experiance- Bring it on :)

This will be an experiance beyond your wildest imagination ;) Okay so hopefully not that bad- I *hope* to have a very short delay between choosing an element/choosing a topic because several have expressed concern about choosing an element without a topic and so I *hope* to be able to have as short a delay as I can-

I really want to have them seperate because I want to keep it as fair for both swaps as possible and I feel that if we did both at the same time people in the 2nd swap may feel they need to pick a ride that hasn't allready been picked and choose something they really dont want to even though their first choice may be perfect and available for their swap. If that makes any sense..

-em

I'm not sure that I do understand. So at 10:00 PDT, I will log on and choose an element and then log on later and choose a ride/attraction? I know what element I want and what ride so can I sign up for both at the same time if it's available? I'm :confused3 . Sorry!

Yes and No-

This is how I plan it to work-
10 am "Ride Swap: Signups" topic will appear and signups begin
10:02 "Ride Swap: Team Imagine" topic will appear

Please signup on the Signup topic- as soon as I see it I will double post it to both topics. Once you appear in the Team topic choose your topic- I *hope* to be within 1-2 minutes of posted esp for the first 1-2 hours- So once you post to the Signups please hang around for a few minutes and have fun with that refresh button as I *hope* to be on top of things-

Once Team Imagine fills Team Believe will launch with the same rules

Now everyone step back and breathe :) Its gonna be just fine!

I guess I'm just not smart because I am still only kinda getting it. I'll just wait til tomorrow to see how it goes.

So, does anyone else think it's funny how excited we all are over a scrapbooking swap? DH thinks I'm bonkers!! :crazy:

Em----I'm so tempted to join in tomorrow, but 1 question before I do- how long do we have to complete it?

You should play too, Alice28! It looks more intimidating than it is. We'll all help you. :teeth:

Em hasn't said recently when it will be due, but when we first started talking about it we said about July 1st for the due date.

It'll be about June 25th which should be enough time to get it wrapped up before I head down to DL for the birthday.

-em

Ok, I'll play! Have done swaps before, but this will be my first time with a newborn!

TPCShauna said:
So, does anyone else think it's funny how excited we all are over a scrapbooking swap? DH thinks I'm bonkers!! :crazy:

LOL, You'd think we were waiting to sign up for CKU or buy Paul McCartney concert tickets :rotfl2:

DH thinks I'm crazy too and wants to know why I am signing up for swaps when I swore I wasn't going to do any more. I told him "They're DISNEY!!"

Is it too late to set up a countdown clock? :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Jeanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter