READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today is my day and I add my thanks to you all. Not just for me but my friend visited 2 days after Christmas with his son. They followed my directions, got BG 26 and had a wonderful day.

Today I was at bus stop for ASSports at 545. Bus left for park at 610. Found a spot with strong cell coverage at 640 in animation courtyard. Had to toggle back and forth about 5 times and got backup 93 at 702! The only person near me got 90. I am hopeful I will be able to ride before a 6 pm adr at Boma but I will cancel if necessary.

By the way I went directly to TSMM. It was posted 40 minutes but really took 30. Waiting for my SDD FP and then heading into galaxy's edge.

Delayed opening. I'm sitting waiting for the ride to open (at 8:18am) as I'm leaving the park after I ride. Rey just walked by. Temperature went from 45 to 43. See people in shorts & tshirt walking next to people dressed for the tundra.
I opened the app a few seconds (around 3 seconds) before 7am.
I'm a solo traveler this morning so I didn't need to edit my travel party. I believe the split seconds I saved in not having an extra few taps may have made the difference.

Today is my day and I add my thanks to you all. Not just for me but my friend visited 2 days after Christmas with his son. They followed my directions, got BG 26 and had a wonderful day.

Today I was at bus stop for ASSports at 545. Bus left for park at 610. Found a spot with strong cell coverage at 640 in animation courtyard. Had to toggle back and forth about 5 times and got backup 93 at 702! The only person near me got 90. I am hopeful I will be able to ride before a 6 pm adr at Boma but I will cancel if necessary.

By the way I went directly to TSMM. It was posted 40 minutes but really took 30. Waiting for my SDD FP and then heading into galaxy's edge.
Hope you get to ride today. Good luck! :goodvibes
It sucks to be there at 7, have momentary trouble, and end up in a back up group.

So, is it safe to say that there is a real possibility that I have shelled out thousands of dollars for a WDW vacation coming up in the coming months, and we will not be able to experience the ride that is the whole reason we decided to book? Is it still going to be this insane in the coming months?
It's possible but not likely since you are reading this thread. I had clueless people all around me this morning. Follow the advice here & you should be fine.

Delayed opening. I'm sitting waiting for the ride to open (at 8:18am) as I'm leaving the park after I ride. Rey just walked by. Temperature went from 45 to 43. See people in shorts & tshirt walking next to people dressed for the tundra.
I opened the app a few seconds (around 3 seconds) before 7am.
I'm a solo traveler this morning so I didn't need to edit my travel party. I believe the split seconds I saved in not having an extra few taps may have made the difference.
We are here too! I can't feel my fingers🤣

Hope this is ok to ask here. We are planning on trying to get a boarding group for ride of the resistance on our first full day of our holiday. We are from the UK so because of the time difference plan we are normally up very early anyway first few days of Holiday anyway. This will be the 20th of April.

We are not sure of what park we should try and get fast passes for that day. From what I can gather Hollywood studios will be very busy in the morning. So should we try Epcot? Animal Kingdom has early morning opening ( we are staying on Site) would that be a good idea?

Hollywood studios is down as an 9am opening on the 20th of April but I am guessing this will end up being an earlier opening time.

Obviously we won’t know what time our boarding group will be called but we will have a rental car to get from park to park.
We will be there at the end of April, too. I suggest getting FPs at HS. That’s what we’re doing. Then you’ll have something to do while waiting for your BG. If you get FPs at a different park, you may need to miss them depending on what time your BG gets called. If you end up getting a high BG that won’t be called for a while, you can still do you HS FPs and then head to Epcot If you want a break from HS... since you’re definitely going to HS to get a BG, might as well get FPs there.

I see lots of people commenting they take lyft to the park, is this necessary? or are busing running early enough to get us there and in before park open?
Staying at pop century, arrive on Thursday :)
thanks!
We stayed at POR last week and took the park bus to DHS on two separate days. The bus time showed up in the MDE app so we were able to plan when to leave the room. We took the bus that came at 5:54 one day and saw an arrival time of approx 5:40 am another day. I watched the app for other bus times and saw that a bus for DHS came approximately every 15 minutes in the early morning.

You might want to give yourselves at least an hour and fifteen minutes to get to the park via the buses.

So how much of it do you think is due to lingering MLK day guests?
It has to be that factor + the low regular number. Overall BGs went fast today too but they might have been anticipating ride issues and capped the number low intentionally to not give false hope. We don’t know the highest BG handed out so nobody really knows enough to provide an expert opinion.

The shorts and T-shirts people probably live near me in Canada lol. It's been in the -30s F this week. Fun fact: Celsius and Fahrenheit cross at -40. I know this because I've lived it. We will be there on Jan 28th and I guarantee you my kids will refuse to wear pants or jackets. My goal is to convince them to tie a sweatshirt around their waist 'just in case' they get cold.

I'm at OKW today.
Next bus time was not on the app or at the nearest bus stop (at 5:36am).
As Lyft was about to arrive (5:50am), I see the Studios bus. Could have hopped on bus but I didn't want to cancel the Lyft.
If you want to rope drop, I suggest a Lyft & getting to park 75 minutes before opening. 60-50 minutes ahead of opening this morning saw a ton of people arrive. If just looking for BG, sleep an extra 30-45 minutes.
I'm in OKW too and our day is tomorrow, did you manage to get a car pretty quickly or were you waiting a while ? Also can they collect from our door. We ordered one on Mon and were waiting outside and a cm told us we had to go to hospitality house to meet it. We ended up waiting ages as driver couldn't find us. A little anxious about tomorrow. Cannot wait to experience it 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter