• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rivers of bore

It sucks, but I think everyone should see it at least once.

I wouldn't be disappointed if AK scrapped RoL and the Nemo show..both one and done for us. But to each their own

I haven’t seen it yet but I was in Disney when it debuted and I skipped it because everyone hated it

It seriously can’t be that bad if it’s stayed on for so long with so many complaints. You would think they would tweak it with all that hate

I’ll judge this summer
When it’s working, the Shaman animatronic is really amazing and worthwhile to see in person.

We saw it last week for the first time. When it was over we all agreed we were glad we saw it, so that we knew not to waste time planning for it on future vacations. One and done for us for sure.

Cramped theatre, FP used, time spent waiting/watching, making sure we’re in AK at a time we usually aren’t? Not a good enough show IMO to justify all that. I’m kind of glad none of us liked it to be honest, one less set time we need to schedule around.

Maybe you should fill out a card for the Disney suggestion box and submit ways it could be improved...? I don’t know since I haven’t seen it, but will in two weeks and I will report back. I want to see it but I need to taper expectations — I fear I will compare it to World of Color at CA which I loved.

You will compare it to WoC and WoC will be superior. ;)

Seriously, it'd be interesting to hear your review.

After all the negative reviews on here, I was prepared to hate it, but we actually really enjoyed it. To each his own

This question has been asked in other threads, but...I don't remember the consensus. So, one more time: ROL as a fourth fast pass?

Maybe you should fill out a card for the Disney suggestion box and submit ways it could be improved...? I don’t know since I haven’t seen it, but will in two weeks and I will report back. I want to see it but I need to taper expectations — I fear I will compare it to World of Color at CA which I loved.

I did.

And ROL came out sorely lacking. Not even in the same stratosphere as WOC IMO.

I didn't enjoy it much and probably wouldn't bother on another trip. My 9 year old liked it. I don't think it helped that the seating felt far too cramped, I had a toddler on my knee and it was squashed trying to avoid him kicking the person in front, plus as it is lower down than the seating it is hard for children to see.

I haven’t seen it yet but I was in Disney when it debuted and I skipped it because everyone hated it

It seriously can’t be that bad if it’s stayed on for so long with so many complaints. You would think they would tweak it with all that hate

I’ll judge this summer

This is the tweaked version. Remember it was postponed and reworked some because Disney management found the “story” lacking after previews, but is still left without a real finale. All indications are they still aren’t happy with the finalnproduct but had to start running it to recoup their investment.

I think those that go expecting a “parade on water” won’t be disappointed, but as a show/nighttime spectacular, they may find it too weak and disjointed.

We think it is lovely. A beautiful nightcap that honors animals and nature. And @underdesea , you're not alone - my 14 year old DS teared up the first time we watched it last year.

The only thing we don't love is the fire, it seems a little intrusive by that point in the show.

People who don't like it - were you around for the Millenium parade in Epcot? I feel like people who don't like ROL wouldn't have liked that parade either. We thought it was beautiful as well, but it was also more of a mellow artsy vibe rather than glitz and pizazz.

After seeing so many bad reviews, I went on Rivers of Light with very, very low expectations... it exceeded my expectations so I was happy. I wonder if it also helped my 1st ride (and 1st Pandora visit) was at night, so it wasn’t a change in theme.

Are you implying that you "rode" Rivers of Light??
You realize that this is a show, shown only at night?

Maybe confused with the Na'vi River Journey?

I did.

And ROL came out sorely lacking. Not even in the same stratosphere as WOC IMO.

See, this is what I am fearing. I found so many attractions superior in CA that I have apprehension about my return to FL..thank goodness for Avatarland, something new and Splash Mountain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter