Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the AK times will update this week and it might shed some light on when they are thinking about it (assuming no announcement comes with it)

It will *not* be playing between 10/29 thru 11/1.

My husband just booked us these 4 days hoping to catch it, and to make up for the stinky trip we had just before Labor Day. Let's see... I got the flu the night before departure, we got slammed by a drunk driver 1.5 miles away after picking up our rental car, and it rained 92.375% of the time for 6 days straight due to Hurricane Hermine. And that's actually the Tl;dr version.

I'm afraid of being too ambitious. But my sweet hubby will be with me & that's enough in any case ;)

Good luck for the rest of y'all's dates, lol.

I wonder if the AK times will update this week and it might shed some light on when they are thinking about it (assuming no announcement comes with it)

Gosh, I'd LOVE for them to update park hours for nighttime fun- at the very least. We want to do tree of life awakening the day we are there and hopefully ROL but they still have the park closing at 6 on our dates :(

Gosh, I'd LOVE for them to update park hours for nighttime fun- at the very least. We want to do tree of life awakening the day we are there and hopefully ROL but they still have the park closing at 6 on our dates :(

when are you going? 6pm is dark in december and used to be the osbourne lights start time. tree of life awakenings hasn't ended, they've just pulled back the hours a little (all parks) as the dark they need has been moving earlier and earlier.

when are you going? 6pm is dark in december and used to be the osbourne lights start time. tree of life awakenings hasn't ended, they've just pulled back the hours a little (all parks) as the dark they need has been moving earlier and earlier.

11/27-12/3 if we could at least see tree of life awakenings that would be something.

11/27-12/3

most of the year around the 15-17th the hours for the next month have been getting updated so I'm expecting to see everything change soon (I also have family coming into town and trying to sort out when to do what with them). It's been really annoying but I can see ak not getting updated if they aren't sure or don't want to let the cat out of the bag on when rol is coming. They kind of did that in the spring for around the time it was originally going to happen.

I guess I'll have to wander over that way on 10/21 after out night-time safari. We don't have hoppers so I don't see us heading over - but if they through up a "surprise" show on 10/20 with a little notice - we aren't planning a park day that day - so I would throw an extra day on my ticket to see this.

Man it'll totally stink if I have the story of "We were there when it first played - but didn't get to see it for 16 months anyways." :sad: Meh, first world problems.

What is IP?

In this case he was referring to the fact that Rivers of Light doesn't make use of any other current or past Disney characters, etc. as part of the show - it's a completely original show compared to say Fantasmic, which is full of characters and scenes from movies, etc. I think someone prior to that had suggested maybe Lion King was part of Rivers of Light - which led to the comment about there being no IP attached to the show.

* Some people put forth the theory they would wait until Earth-Day-2017 for the official show-start. But, April does seem a bit of a long time away (to me), especially with all the embarrassing delays.

I have a hard time believing that they are bringing all those CM in for rehersals and then waiting another 6 months before the show opens. I think this is just not realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter