Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Was just about to post this :-)

Also just noticed that it's listing packages available beginning May 1, so it's definitely the old page not quite updated yet. It also lists that three restaurants are participating, but only has Flame Tree and Tusker House actually listed at the top and only Tiffins at the bottom.

Still, it's definitely encouraging!

I tried to do a search for the date we are there just to see what happens - it comes up and says to call the dine number to book...I don't actually want a dining package so I'm not going to call and see what happens...(though if FP+ showed up I'd be trying to grab that :)

I tried calling, the CM told me they are not available yet, but that they should be available very soon and to try back tomorrow. She said the CMs would be receiving an email when the packages are available to book.

Do we have a start date for the packages? Is it wishful thinking to think late October??

I think this is a misinterpretation by WDWMagic. Disney just hasn't updated their page yet.

I happened to see the page this morning on my desktop and I took screenshots. Didn't notice a 2017 date note though. It just say's "May 1". It was letting me search for November 2016 dates but nothing was available.

river-of-light-1.png river-of-light-2.png river-of-light-3-1.png river-of-light-3.png

Last edited:
I think this is a misinterpretation by WDWMagic. Disney just hasn't updated their page yet.

That is the speculation but CMs are telling guests May 2017. The show should still start much sooner than that no matter what happens with dining packages.

I agree with @BuffaloJim - it's a screw-up. I don't care what CMs are saying - they know nothing. They are not going to wait until May 2017 to have dining packages. They'll have dining packages the split second the show is official on the schedule.

Did you read the rest of that post?? It explained why..
I did read whole text, I just wasn't sure if she was just trying to not tempt fate or if some other reference to data I had missed. Those are some of my dates as well making sure too not to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing.

I did read whole text, I just wasn't sure if she was just trying to not tempt fate or if some other reference to data I had missed. Those are some of my dates as well making sure too not to tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing.
go outside, turn around 3 times and spit!

SO, any thoughts on whether a special screening or reserved seating could be part of the party they throw for attendees of D23:Destination D?

The promotional blurb at D23.com
"AVATAR creators James Cameron (writer, director, producer) and Jon Landau (producer) will join ImagineerJoe Rohde for Pandora – The World of AVATAR, a presentation where they will unveil new details about the immersive, 12-acre land coming soon to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. In addition, the event will include a conversation with Bob Chapek, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Plus, Moana screenwriter Jared Bush (co-writer/co-director Zootopia) will be on hand to provide guests an exclusive advance look at the making of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ newest animated feature.

Please keep in mind, we have a special evening activity planned for Sunday, November 20 that attendees won’t want to miss. Stay tuned for updates."

The conference spans the whole weekend. In 2014 that Sunday party was 8:30-10pm. It is the Sunday before Thanksgiving.

I happened to see the page this morning on my desktop and I took screenshots. Didn't notice a 2017 date note though. It just say's "May 1". It was letting me search for November 2016 dates but nothing was available.

View attachment 201025 View attachment 201024 View attachment 201022 View attachment 201023

Exactly same date was posted in March on thedibb with same screenshots. They have since removed the discussion but I can still see it on google search, without being able to link to the page. It is reffering to the failed April debut, packages were advertised to start on May 1st

This came when I tried to find the discussion on google search. Also note that no prices were listed for Tiffins. As it wasn't open back in March when this page first appeared online

Rivers of Light Dining Packages starting 1st May - Page 18 - theDIBB
www.thedibb.co.uk › ... › ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Mar 17, 2016 - 41 posts - ‎2 authors
Included in Each Rivers of Light Dining Package:Meal selection from a menu or buffet from one of 3 participating ... 'New Posts' Options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter