Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
We first ate lunch there last Sept. then again the first week in January. I didn't see the special pre-fixed lunch menu posted outside (we stopped at the Nomad Lounge for a bite & drinks a couple days before our lunch ADR) so I went over to the Tiffins check-in desk to ask about it while we were waiting on our food at the Nomad Lounge. If they had gotten rid of it I was going to cancel our ADR but they still had it available. Did they not offer it to you? I wonder if they only bring it out if someone asks about it? When we went in Sept. it was posted up in the glass menu box outside the front door but it wasn't there in January - that's why I went in & asked if it was still available. There are 10 things to pick your 2 items from. 2 diff. Fish, chicken, fried mussels, pork tamale, veg. curry, the amazing short ribs, black eyed pea fritters and octopus and I think maybe a beet salad or something. We both tried the mussels in Sept and I tried the short ribs. DH tried the tamale. This time he tried the octopus and the short ribs and I did the short ribs and the chicken. Then we added on & split the mussels.

We ate in late December. I don't recall them offering it to us. We split the charcuterie board and octopus for apps, then split the grouper with forbidden rice and swiss chard for entree. My wife has been eating seafood all here life (she grew up on the coast) and I have had quite a bit of grouper in my time. This was hands-down the best grouper either of us have ever had. Highly recommended. The octopus and charcuterie board were likewise very good.

That said, we'll probably just do apps in the Nomad lounge next time. We've been going a bit overboard with ADRs lol.

So when you say "soon" do you mean "soon" as in, for my trip March 6-9 I should play to not do Animal Kingdom on the day our flight leaves? Right now I'm planning to do AK that day and leave the park around 3 pm...but I could flip our EP and AK days if it meant seeing ROL...but I also don't want to rearrange plans if its unnecessary. I guess it's not that big of a deal as FP aren't too hard to come by in either park.

So when you say "soon" do you mean "soon" as in, for my trip March 6-9 I should play to not do Animal Kingdom on the day our flight leaves? Right now I'm planning to do AK that day and leave the park around 3 pm...but I could flip our EP and AK days if it meant seeing ROL...but I also don't want to rearrange plans if its unnecessary. I guess it's not that big of a deal as FP aren't too hard to come by in either park.
We should find out more after this week is over.

Forgive me if I'm out of the loop, but do we know if they have made the finale more exciting than it reportedly was in the cast previews?

We are headed down in May and AK is set to close at 7pm every night. If ROL is open by then, should we expect AK to expand it's hours?

Forgive me if I'm out of the loop, but do we know if they have made the finale more exciting than it reportedly was in the cast previews?

Drones will create Mufasa in the stars of the sky as they play Circle of Life. :scratchin

So, that is what the hold up has been all about, they were waiting to see how the drones worked out in Disney Springs, before adding them in as the finale for Rivers of Light :)

So, that is what the hold up has been all about, they were waiting to see how the drones worked out in Disney Springs, before adding them in as the finale for Rivers of Light :)

Love it.

I'm curious about the finale because I'm weighing my options for my Animal Kingdom Day on 2/14. If its open, I may decide to pass on the long lines. I will be back in September.

I'm going the 1st week in April and am hoping they have the R of L going at that time. Do you think there is a good chance of seeing it then?

Just so people don't get confused. There will be no drones in this show.

Thanks you ;). I'm not sure that even drones would entice me to wait in the crazy lines I'm anticipating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter