Rivers of Light --- Almost Ready for Prime Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that Animal Kingdom dropped their closing time from 8:00 PM during Christmas week, to 7:30.

Last edited:
I gave up on this , it's no longer a thought in my mind , have to finalize itinerary for Friday, no big deal the new holiday show at HS is fine

Have given up on it as well, going next week, though reducing hours could be a good thing, means they're expecting smaller crowds.

This was just posted in a FB group:

About ROL...

"December 1, 2016: On a premium episode of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish Podcast with Jim Hill, he mentioned that Bob Iger felt that Rivers of Light was not strong enough to be released to the public as a stand alone show. It is expected that it will debut in Summer 2017 with Avatar and potentially be replaced in several years with an updated show once the initial costs of Rivers of Light have been spread out over 3-4 years."

About ROL...

"December 1, 2016: On a premium episode of The Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish Podcast with Jim Hill, he mentioned that Bob Iger felt that Rivers of Light was not strong enough to be released to the public as a stand alone show. It is expected that it will debut in Summer 2017 with Avatar and potentially be replaced in several years with an updated show once the initial costs of Rivers of Light have been spread out over 3-4 years."

I thought the next previews were tonight and tomorrow night. Did they do a private CEO showing over the weekend?

About ROL...

Been posted many places, and it's not a misquote. Here is the link to listen to source yourself.

As with all things ROL, this may or may not be true. If anything has been proven by this project, no one, maybe not even Disney, knows what is going to happen.

There are more CM preview tonight and tomorrow night; more feedback? Who knows. Personally I'd rather they get it right and open later then open what is described by most as "unfinished."

Starts ROL at minute 6:35

ACTUAL SOURCE: https://disneydish.bandcamp.com/track/unbuilt-muppets-12-01-16-itunes-show-directors-cut

About ROL...

I thought the next previews were tonight and tomorrow night. Did they do a private CEO showing over the weekend?

Been posted many places, and it's not a misquote. Here is the link to listen to source yourself.

As with all things ROL, this may or may not be true. If anything has been proven by this project, no one, maybe not even Disney, knows what is going to happen.

There are more CM preview tonight and tomorrow night; more feedback? Who knows. Personally I'd rather they get it right and open later then open what is described by most as "unfinished."

Starts ROL at minute 6:35

ACTUAL SOURCE: https://disneydish.bandcamp.com/track/unbuilt-muppets-12-01-16-itunes-show-directors-cut

I think Jim has old or incorrect info. My assumption is that podcast episode was recorded before or right after the last set of previews. If it was indeed that bad why would they have more previews. This is why I think Jim's info is wrong here (Jim tends to have that reputation).

I do not believe yet that this will open in the summer alongside Pandora because if that was the case why would we still be seeing previews happening? No sense in previewing something that wouldn't open for 6 months. I think we are closer to an opening than some think.

I noticed that Animal Kingdom dropped their closing time from 8:00 PM during Christmas week, to 7:30.

Actually, looking at MyDisneyExperience, the hours for Animal Kingdom are listed as closing at 8:30 PM during Christmas week.

It's changed a few times, but as of this morning this is what it says.

Actually, looking at MyDisneyExperience, the hours for Animal Kingdom are listed as closing at 8:30 PM during Christmas week.

It's changed a few times, but as of this morning this is what it says.

Guess I was looking at the week before Christmas, which I though for sure it was earlier listed as closing at 8:00 PM.

Hill's information doesn't take a lot of sense. For one, perhaps I don't know enough about Iger's style, but I find it odd that a CEO would try and micro-manage something that, in the grand scheme, isn't all THAT big of a deal. Secondly, they've staffed the show and seem clearly have put it on the path to get it into "run mode." I cannot fathom that they would keep in rehearse/enhance mode for 5 or 6 more months on top of the initial delays. At some point, you gotta go with what you've got.

Still no hint of a date for RoL but it does say "2017" so I guess we can assume anybody going this year for the holidays are SoL (and likely for my trip in early January). Maybe they will shoot for the Easter / Spring Break time period?!
I would still say early 2017 is possible given that they are just saying 2017 and not a season. The CM previews continuing are also promising.

I would still say early 2017 is possible given that they are just saying 2017 and not a season. The CM previews continuing are also promising.

Dec 31st, 2017 is also possible since they are just saying 2017.

Remember when they said Earth Day 2016. "hah"

Dec 31st, 2017 is also possible since they are just saying 2017.

Remember when they said Earth Day 2016. "hah"
Yep, when they said that though they didn't expect this to happen. Disney won't announce an opening date before they are absolutely sure ever again.

Yep, when they said that though they didn't expect this to happen. Disney won't announce an opening date before they are absolutely sure ever again.

And you know what that means for us planners, even less notice of something actually happening.

I will say one thing - the extended delays for ROL make me feel better about missing it back in October. If it had opened two weeks later I would've been pretty annoyed. As it stands - not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter