Rivers of Light....one and done???

I would see it at least once. I personally liked it. I would definitely see it again. I certainly wouldnt go out of my way for it, but if im there at night, sure i'll go. :) Then again im usually in the minority as I didnt really like Fantasmic. :duck:

Me either!! It doesn’t do anything for me!

I don't think it has to be a one and done, but certainly not a must see. Not like 'Up!', which should be a none and done. Flights of Wonder was so much better.
I agree on both counts. I loved flights of Wonder... so sad .... when i saw UP I was so disappointed. I think it's shorter as well as silly with the characters. UNLIKE!! I do like ROL but I don't feel like I have to do it every single trip like I do Illuminations. I'm really sad that is going away but I'm hoping the new one is amazing.

That is a bummer about the bird show! My daughter are going next month and I had planned to do the Up show - she loves anything with live animals, birds, etc. We thought Flights of Wonder was cool. Is it really not worth trying to fit in the Up show?

Two and done for me. I saw it by myself first, and that was plenty, but when I went back with dh and kids, I thought they should decide for themselves. It was one and done for them too.

That is a bummer about the bird show! My daughter are going next month and I had planned to do the Up show - she loves anything with live animals, birds, etc. We thought Flights of Wonder was cool. Is it really not worth trying to fit in the Up show?
Go ahead and fit it in. The birds are still doing their tricks, just not as much. It’s just that the show with the new characters is kind of annoying. Your daughter will still see birds. I just liked the show better in its original form before they wrecked it.

DH and I found RoL to be less boring than the snoozefest that is Illuminations. Although we're kinda 'meh' on all the nighttime shows, but we currently go to WDW infrequently enough that we kinda feel obligated to see them. At least I got this beautiful sunset pic waiting for RoL to begin a couple weeks ago.
51931605_10101472404157279_6772459106990030848_n.jpg

Although it's our least favorite nighttime show, we like to see it if possible. Is it reliably working properly or do they still cancel it sometimes?

My opinion about RoL is like my opinion for most everything at Disney; it's worth doing/seeing at least once to know what it is and have said you experienced it. But it may not be worth it to do again.

DH and I found RoL to be less boring than the snoozefest that is Illuminations. Although we're kinda 'meh' on all the nighttime shows, but we currently go to WDW infrequently enough that we kinda feel obligated to see them. At least I got this beautiful sunset pic waiting for RoL to begin a couple weeks ago.
Oh man, I love illuminations. I could watch it every night of my trip. Sad it’s going.

We're in the minority, but we absolutely love ROL! I wasn't looking forward to it because of all the things I'd read, but I'm glad my wife talked me into it. We listen to the soundtrack on Spotify quite often too.

Just goes to show you that everyone has different likes and dislikes. I love Illuminations and to me it was heartbreaking seeing it one last time before it is retired this year. It's time for something new but we'll see what they come up with. It is in my opinion one of the best orchestrated pieces of music out there to match the theming of a night time WDW show. We bought the DVD years ago and it makes me sad when people think it's boring. I get that the globe part is long but I've always found it peaceful and enjoyed the images along with the music. The music progresses through different themes --Chaos, Serenity, Life, Adventure, Art, Celebration. Everyone has different expectations of what entertains them. I enjoyed ROL but thought it was about 5 min longer than it needed to be. I didn't think it was awful like most do and since I was able to walk in 5 min before the show at a DAH event it really wasn't a waste of time for me.

I found my own reaction to ROL very interesting. I was seated in the dining package area, and I picked a seat on the end of a row because I wanted to get out quickly at the end. A lady wearing Mickey Ears who enjoyed holding her phone above her head to video the show sat down in front of me, and while it annoyed me, I leaned over to watch the show around her. The show was fine, but I didn't love it. I left there and walked around to the front of the park where I caught the Tree of Life Awakenings, which I thought was the most amazing show I've seen in ages.

Anyway, I left that showing not intending to make it a priority to ever go back, but I didn't realize how much those ears and that phone affected my enjoyment. That night, I did the After Hours event, and I was just getting off my 3rd ride on Everest and starting to head toward FOP when I noticed it was just a minute or two from another show. On a complete whim, I decided it would be nice to sit and relax for a few minutes, so I walked right into the same section and had my pick of seats. This time, I moved closer to the front without anyone around me. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the show this time - it was a beautiful and moving show.

So, I had two different experiences in the same day seated in the same section. I guess I had never realized before how much the people around me impact my thoughts on the show. I actually understand my daughter a little more now - she has no interest in MK fireworks because when she was little, she always had trouble seeing, even when we would hold her at our head level.

RoL is a waste of time for me. I saw a video of it online and didn't even want to see it in person, but my sister wanted to, so I sat through it. I don't hate it, it's just that there's a hundred other things I'd rather do in AK.

I was so bored during this show. I wanted to love it and booked the package at Tusker House to get reserved seating. I couldn't wait for it to be over.

I love ROL (and DAK)!! There is so much beauty in the simplicity of it that moves me. :D

Now... Hopefully Evermore Avoiding at MK was definitely one and done for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter