Rivers of Light....one and done???

We enjoyed it on our Dec trip; will do it again.::yes:: It was cold though in the evening, people in the front got wet very windy cool evening, we thankfully were in the back.

I didn't think it was terrible, but for my family in general there is less to do at AK than other parks and it made for a long, cranky wait with a baby and a toddler. Until my kids are older, I will not be back. The show didn't make up for the inconvenience of the wait. Definite "one and done" territory.

One and done. I'm still trying to deal with the change for Illuminations. People were leaving Epcot saying "if its not broken, don't fix it"

I was so excited for Rivers of Light when it was announced, and more so when we got the concept art, and teasers. Sadly, the final product doesn't live up to any of that for me.

It isn't terrible, but it certainly isn't awe inspiring, or great in any way either. I've seen it twice, I may see it again, but I won't go out of my way for it.

For those who have never seen it, please do. You never know until you try it for yourself. Don't rely on others comments or even watching it on youtube.
My advice for people on the fence about it is if there are 2 shows try and stay for the second one, standby never really fills up unless it's extremely busy. You can walk in about 5 minutes before and find a spot.
I like to do the triple combo of Pandora at night walk, then RoL and finish with the last Tree of Life awakening.
It's only a 14 min, show so it's not a huge waste of time
Personally I like this show very much, especially for what it stands for and because it's an AK, it fits perfectly with the park

I would never tell anyone to skip it, but for us it was a one and done. Wasn’t impressed when it had live actors so I doubt I’d care for it now.

For those who have never seen it, please do. You never know until you try it for yourself. Don't rely on others comments or even watching it on youtube.
My advice for people on the fence about it is if there are 2 shows try and stay for the second one, standby never really fills up unless it's extremely busy. You can walk in about 5 minutes before and find a spot.
I like to do the triple combo of Pandora at night walk, then RoL and finish with the last Tree of Life awakening.
It's only a 14 min, show so it's not a huge waste of time
Personally I like this show very much, especially for what it stands for and because it's an AK, it fits perfectly with the park

I agree with almost all of this....if you haven't done it, don't rely on folks here. See if with your own eyes. It's a short show, and you can probably get in last minute, so it's not a big time investment. It also does fit in with the vibe of the park.

However, having even said all of that, it was a one and done for me. We found it boring with a capital B, but I'm still glad we did it.

Definitely a one and done. Now when we're in AK my wife always glances over toward the arena and goes "remember that show you had us watch, yeah never again"

One and done for us. Not impressed; kinda boring. If you have the extra time, then go. But don't skip anything else for it.

One and done! Maybe if we have nothing else to do or need to sit and rest we will watch it :rotfl:. I think it is great that Disney added a nighttime show, but it did not thrill me.

Thanks. AK is my least fav park, so after our last FP, I usually like to just get out of there. Maybe next trip we can check it out and see what it’s all about.

This for us too - we book a FP for FOP early in the day, get it in, then bail to another park.

I don't think everyone "should" see it. It is not a good show, not even close. That is like saying everyone "should" try restaurantasaurus at least once, but I know a gross burger when I see one and there is the opportunity cost of eating elsewhere. And ROL is an hour of precious vacation time I will never get back, at a time when wait times are lower and I could have gone on an attraction instead.

You can watch it on youtube to get a sense of it appeals to you. I thought it was boring on youtube and worse in person because I could see less detail on the floats from a distance.

I honestly haven’t even watched it yet. I don’t really have any desire to see it either. Is it worth my time?
I would see it at least once. I personally liked it. I would definitely see it again. I certainly wouldnt go out of my way for it, but if im there at night, sure i'll go. :) Then again im usually in the minority as I didnt really like Fantasmic. :duck:

Personally, I loved the show when I saw it, but after hearing they eliminated the shaman characters I feel it would be disappointing. They were the coolest part!

I often wonder if Disney made this show so bad that they can stop it and say it's due to low attendance. I've seen it a few times with different people and try to like it but it's not happening.
Disney could do so much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter