Riviera or Copper Creek?

I was thinking this math couldn't possibly be right, but wowza. 79 studios and 26 cabins. That's rough.
This is one of the reasons I just bought direct, so that I could get Fixed Week Studios for Weeks 47 & 48. I also have a 100-point resale contract for some additional points there, so we can upgrade to 1 or 2 bedrooms some years, or even stay in the cabins. I wish the cabins weren't priced QUITE so high, as we WOULD be tempted to get enough points for them (we love the design and layout!), but they are MORE than double the regular 2BRs and are only 2 BRs themselves. If they were 1.5x the cost...

Though here's something I have wondered. Does each CATEGORY have to remain the same total points per year, or is it just the same total points ACROSS THE ENTIRE RESORT? If the latter, I have wondered if they priced the cabins as high as they did so that over time they could decrease per night cost of the cabins by raising the per night cost of studios, 1 BR, and 2 BRs.

I just went through the same thought process. Decided to buy for the first time at Copper Creek. An amazing resale offer came up and I grabbed it. Waiting on ROFR. Day 10.
Good luck!!! If you haven’t, post in the ROFR thread so we can follow along. In addition to my direct purchase, I have a 100 point in ROFR now (Day 40; fingers crossed I hear I passed next week!)

With the current direct incentives I am considering a purchase at one of these 2 resorts. The extra $25 per point has me leaning more towards Riviera. Also, Riviera seems to have much higher end finishes, which appeals to me. It looks like a resort I would like to stay at if I was vacationing anywhere.

This is one of the reasons I just bought direct, so that I could get Fixed Week Studios for Weeks 47 & 48. I also have a 100-point resale contract for some additional points there, so we can upgrade to 1 or 2 bedrooms some years, or even stay in the cabins. I wish the cabins weren't priced QUITE so high, as we WOULD be tempted to get enough points for them (we love the design and layout!), but they are MORE than double the regular 2BRs and are only 2 BRs themselves. If they were 1.5x the cost...

Though here's something I have wondered. Does each CATEGORY have to remain the same total points per year, or is it just the same total points ACROSS THE ENTIRE RESORT? If the latter, I have wondered if they priced the cabins as high as they did so that over time they could decrease per night cost of the cabins by raising the per night cost of studios, 1 BR, and 2 BRs.
How does the Fixed Week work when the 11 month window comes around. Can you modify your fixed week to different dates yourself or do you have to call Member Services? Studios are hard to come by at Copper Creek so every minute counts at 8AM so I really don't want to be waiting at 8AM on the phone. Just wondered :) we fluctuate from June to July to get 2 trips out of our Annual Passes so we don't always be going the same week if we get a fixed week.

How does the Fixed Week work when the 11 month window comes around. Can you modify your fixed week to different dates yourself or do you have to call Member Services? Studios are hard to come by at Copper Creek so every minute counts at 8AM so I really don't want to be waiting at 8AM on the phone. Just wondered :) we fluctuate from June to July to get 2 trips out of our Annual Passes so we don't always be going the same week if we get a fixed week.

You have to call to cancel the reservation to book something else. People are outlining though that sometimes the reservation is not being loaded in until after the 11 month window so you will have your points just sitting there.

On top of that since its Sunday to Sunday I would suspect most people would have extra points (thats is what we were going to do with CCV). We could book the Friday at 11 months, call, cancel, and then make a normal reservation. We would have shots both on Friday and Saturday to try and grab something at 11 months otherwise our backup plan of Fixed Week would kick in.

You have to call to cancel the reservation to book something else. People are outlining though that sometimes the reservation is not being loaded in until after the 11 month window so you will have your points just sitting there.

On top of that since its Sunday to Sunday I would suspect most people would have extra points (thats is what we were going to do with CCV). We could book the Friday at 11 months, call, cancel, and then make a normal reservation. We would have shots both on Friday and Saturday to try and grab something at 11 months otherwise our backup plan of Fixed Week would kick in.
Hmm Okay thanks. Maybe a fixed week in July for 4th doesn't make as much sense. Especially since we will bop around from june to july.

Hmm Okay thanks. Maybe a fixed week in July for 4th doesn't make as much sense. Especially since we will bop around from june to july.

It might still. The reservations aren’t always made at 8am 11 months prior to your fixed week. Further, the points are already loaded into your account to use whenever.

So if you wanted to go in June, you’d book June minus 11months, not July 4th minus 11 months. Come July, the team will see you used your points and won’t book your fixed week.

If you wanted to go after, let’s say August after your fixed week was booked. You can cancel your reservation immediately after and sit on points so you’re ready first thing at August minus 11 months.

It might still. The reservations aren’t always made at 8am 11 months prior to your fixed week. Further, the points are already loaded into your account to use whenever.

So if you wanted to go in June, you’d book June minus 11months, not July 4th minus 11 months. Come July, the team will see you used your points and won’t book your fixed week.

If you wanted to go after, let’s say August after your fixed week was booked. You can cancel your reservation immediately after and sit on points so you’re ready first thing at August minus 11 months.
Hmm So if they see a reservation booked already they wont book the fixed week?

I created a post a couple weeks back about fixed weeks and if you are going to buy direct to make sure you get a fixed week. There is 0 downside to having a fixed week if you are getting the points anyways.
Well we would be forfeiting around 15 points I believe since the point charts have changed for July since opening for CCV. RIV makes no sense for us for a FW in the summer since the point charts are lower next year for a week in july down to 146 points. I believe it's like 163 or something when RIV opened for those weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter