Riviera Rooms with a View

I think your Liverpool examples are extreme, RVA really doesn't look like that generally, it's much more ornamented.

But I do also think white would look better! I wonder if there's a comment box I can put that suggestion in 😉

ETA: do visit the resort at night, I'm enamored by the light work! The rooms have very good lighting as well, 3 or more sources of light per room, which is what interior designers recommend.

I’d like to stay as it seems to win people over on staying- it’s just so points intensive. Maybe one day.

Here now. Standard Studio, #8855. This pic is looking slightly to the left from our balcony. That's GotG in the center of the shot.

Can't see it in this picture, but we can actually see the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower from here. They're to the left of Spaceship Earth, by that glow in the distance.

Steve

544074r

Here now. Standard Studio, #8855. This pic is looking slightly to the left from our balcony. That's GotG in the center of the shot.

Can't see it in this picture, but we can actually see the Contemporary and Bay Lake Tower from here. They're to the left of Spaceship Earth, by that glow in the distance.

Steve

View attachment 544074r

Yup they need to adjust the room categories. This should not be a standard view IMO.

I wonder whether there was any debate before designating views - “It’s a parking lot view!” “No, it’s an Epcot view!” 🤣

I think it was simply if you see the parking lot then its standard.

Split it in to 3 categories:
Preferred (Lake)
Preferred (Epcot/Skyliner)
Standard (Facing sand beach which is the south east corner of the resort)

Possibly you could have low floors on parking lot also be standard view.

I know its like 25-30% estimate on Standard so I think by splitting like above you might be able to split 33/33/33 across the resort or at least 25/37/37

Could be. The pic above is looking to the left. If you look to the right, it's the bus stops and the parking lot.

Steve

I would still take that over the area I am talking about especially when you consider its cheaper. Sure right now no fireworks but in the future there will be and would be a great nightcap for parents while the kids go to sleep.

Example of 8585 which is Premium Studio right now:

Example 8660 which is Premium Studio (note that the right side of the picture is straight ahead with balconies all along that wall)

Any suggestions on room requests for a 2 bedroom standard view at Riviera? We will be with Grandma and 3 small kids in the first week of January.

I would still take that over the area I am talking about especially when you consider its cheaper. Sure right now no fireworks but in the future there will be and would be a great nightcap for parents while the kids go to sleep.

Example of 8585 which is Premium Studio right now:
View attachment 544144

Example 8660 which is Premium Studio (note that the right side of the picture is straight ahead with balconies all along that wall)
View attachment 544145

View is definitely subjective because these make sense as preferred over the SV room with Epcot in the fireworks in what I would want,

Yup they need to adjust the room categories. This should not be a standard view IMO.
noooooo! This is like BLT - owning as home resort gets you access to standard rooms with some decent views! Every BLT standard room I've stayed in has had MK fireworks views... :cool1:

I wonder whether there was any debate before designating views - “It’s a parking lot view!” “No, it’s an Epcot view!” 🤣

I wonder if they were trying to avoid the BLT problem, with people who paid TPV points on the 5th floor complaining about their view (when 4th floor is standard view and points), and having to adjust them as the trees grew taller and taller.... If I'd paid TPV points and ended up on the 5th floor I'd be unhappy too. And I get that them's the breaks when you have to draw a line, but this way you can enter the standard-view lotto and if you are on a lower floor, at least you don't feel like you "overpaid" for that view.

Any suggestions on room requests for a 2 bedroom standard view at Riviera? We will be with Grandma and 3 small kids in the first week of January.
With 3 small kids, and likely strollers? I'd say, high floor near elevators would be my request. Some hallways are looong. Not BWV long, but long just the same. East wing to be closer to the feature pool and Topolino's, west wing to be closer to the Skyliner, but I'd put "near elevators" over a wing preference if you don't want to chase little kids down the hallways. :D

Edit: if you want to use elevators less, which parks are you going to more ? ask for "near lobby" or "lobby floor" *not the ground floor* if you want to be closest to the bus stop; ground floor to have no elevator to the pools and skyliner.

Just back and took these pictures on Christmas morning 🎄~
546365 546366

Preferred View 1 Bedroom - Room 8617 West Wing.

Only request made was a high floor as having never stayed we weren't even sure what we wanted but for some reason thought with a preferred we would have a "pool view" so was a little disappointed BUT this room was very private, quiet, easy access to Skyliner, quiet pool and really worked out nice for us. Didn't find it an issue to walk anywhere at Riviera and really, really enjoyed our stay. Would imagine this room would have some great fireworks views. Enjoyed just watching the Skyliner in the morning while drinking our coffee.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_8244.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_8244.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 6
I appreciate the input as we are not familiar at all with this resort. We are planning a stay in April 2021 and wondered if the only "dedicated" preferred view deluxe studios views are as posted above (west wing). Trying to look at a map and decide if requesting a "dedicated" preferred studio higher floor or over lobby higher floor is best. If anyone knows where the dedicated studios are located in the resort I would be most appreciative of that information. My sense is they are tucked in the corner by the towers in the west wing. No sense requesting something that does not exist, right? We booked preferred view. Do you feel that noise level was an issue in deluxe studio's at all and any advice you can offer would be great. Celebrating 35 years of marriage so thought we could make a request if it makes sense. However, I get they are only requests. We are paying cash reservation, not DVC owners or rental. Thanks all. By the way all the photos posted are a huge help. Awesome thanks.

For floors 3-8, there are 4 dedicated, preferred studios per floor. Two at the "L" of the West wing and two at the "L" of the East wing. Floor 9 has only the two in the East wing, and there are onkt the two in the West wing on floor 2. There are none on floor 1. Each set of 2 has one facing the inner courtyard and one facing outward. None of these are over the lobby. They are all close to the elevators, as those are in those "L"s as well.

Steve

I appreciate the input as we are not familiar at all with this resort. We are planning a stay in April 2021 and wondered if the only "dedicated" preferred view deluxe studios views are as posted above (west wing). Trying to look at a map and decide if requesting a "dedicated" preferred studio higher floor or over lobby higher floor is best. If anyone knows where the dedicated studios are located in the resort I would be most appreciative of that information. My sense is they are tucked in the corner by the towers in the west wing. No sense requesting something that does not exist, right? We booked preferred view. Do you feel that noise level was an issue in deluxe studio's at all and any advice you can offer would be great. Celebrating 35 years of marriage so thought we could make a request if it makes sense. However, I get they are only requests. We are paying cash reservation, not DVC owners or rental. Thanks all. By the way all the photos posted are a huge help. Awesome thanks.
Hopefully this map makes it more obvious about room types and locations. The thin green line across the top designating the standard view rooms is kinda subtle. So dedicated studios are rooms ending in 13, 30, 54, 61 and 81. I'd prefer 13 (closer to Skyliner, far from the noisy kids pool and fireworks view) or 30 (pool/lake view).

Here are two views from a 13 room - the first looking left to the skyline / Caribbean Beach and the second looking
over toward Epcot.

And here's the view from a 32 room (right next to 30)... which is what i would pic because I don't care about fireworks
and dang - it's a nice view!

Though if you get first floor 30 room you get this (and I'd ask to be moved - haha :-)

Here's a 61:

Here's a 54:

And here's an 81:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter