Riviera Rooms with a View

With the preferred view studios, am I assessing correctly that if you want fireworks, you basically need a room 13 or 15? Are the others basically all looking at the pool?

Last Day, hearing that tropical storm Isias is heading to FL by Sat/Sun. Been curious about the Tower studios and took a peek.
View out the window next to the 8th floor west wing elevator514580

I see you have some from 8853 already, but here's one at night.IMG_0949.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 51
I just wish they’d painted it white- that drab grey colour does nothing for it and is not even authentic on its source material.

I just wish they’d painted it white- that drab grey colour does nothing for it and is not even authentic on its source material.
To be more Mediterranean-like it would need to be beige or some sort of cream, and stucco walls, maybe some terracotta shingles on the roof... well, that would look pretty much like any house or apartment building in Florida! I think the grey colors and mansard-style roofs are very French-like (any building in Paris, basically). So that may not fit with the "riviera" but it's European looking nonetheless, and the resort seems to be loosely inspired by a general European feeling. I do think white walls but keeping the gray roofs and porte-cochere would be nice, though.

Have you been there at night? It really comes alive at night, they did a great job with the exterior lighting, it's stunning.

To be more Mediterranean-like it would need to be beige or some sort of cream, and stucco walls, maybe some terracotta shingles on the roof... well, that would look pretty much like any house or apartment building in Florida! I think the grey colors and mansard-style roofs are very French-like (any building in Paris, basically). So that may not fit with the "riviera" but it's European looking nonetheless, and the resort seems to be loosely inspired by a general European feeling. I do think white walls but keeping the gray roofs and porte-cochere would be nice, though.

Have you been there at night? It really comes alive at night, they did a great job with the exterior lighting, it's stunning.

Yes I went there last Christmas - haven’t stayed but had a good look around. I’m from the UK. As we approached on the Skyliner on a grey day, it looked a bit like a prison my wife said.
The rooms are great but the remainder I was not overly enamoured with the place, but I hear people warm to it when staying.
As to the colour I hear what you say- the architecture looks to be copied off a mixture of Le Negresco and the Ritz Carlton to me. It does capture the flavour of that architecture pretty well but the grey just doesn’t work with it. It would have looked much better in white or cream as it should be, and then even blend better into the Caribbean Beach opposite. But what do I know- I’m just a layperson not an Imagineer. I agree - what they have done is apply a Parisian colour palette- which doesn’t work on such a huge block of a building I don’t think. I’m not even a fan of it in Paris really- it all looks the same in Paris as it’s mainly the same street after street.
But I see a lot of people saying the same as me and the photos above show that in grey it can give off a very utilitarian vibe from certain angles- which most hotels in the Riviera certainly would not. The one of the tower section reminds me of a council block in a Northern English city where they have bolted on some colourful awnings to try and brighten up 1960s post war UK architecture (what you would call tenement high rise I think). They did this to one in Sheffield - you will see what I mean!
Then again my wife used to say similar about BLT but the thing about BLT is it matches Contemporary very well so it has purpose to be like it is, and my wife loved it then when she stayed so maybe we will be the same after staying at Riviera.
753DEEE2-3666-4C76-8574-A07085B5E648.jpeg
This is another example in Liverpool I think:

BE77A276-C7C3-46BA-B381-D653CC093CBF.jpeg

All it needs is a Mansard roof bolting on and Liverpool can have its very own Riviera😂

Last edited:
RIV rooms with a view is the name of this thread, But I think I will complain about its color instead. I also didn’t like parking spot 94. The curb was slightly over the 89 degree angle.

RIV rooms with a view is the name of this thread, But I think I will complain about its color instead. I also didn’t like parking spot 94. The curb was slightly over the 89 degree angle.

Sorry for digressing. I thought the views were up for debate and the greyness just struck me. Such a shame to me as if it was white it would look much better to my eyes.

You will find the angle was 84 degrees on that curb. I noticed it myself but I forgot about it as I became overwhelmed and obsessed by the grey.

Yes I went there last Christmas - haven’t stayed but had a good look around. I’m from the UK. As we approached on the Skyliner on a grey day, it looked a bit like a prison my wife said.
The rooms are great but the remainder I was not overly enamoured with the place, but I hear people warm to it when staying.
As to the colour I hear what you say- the architecture looks to be copied off a mixture of Le Negresco and the Ritz Carlton to me. It does capture the flavour of that architecture pretty well but the grey just doesn’t work with it. It would have looked much better in white or cream as it should be, and then even blend better into the Caribbean Beach opposite. But what do I know- I’m just a layperson not an Imagineer. I agree - what they have done is apply a Parisian colour palette- which doesn’t work on such a huge block of a building I don’t think. I’m not even a fan of it in Paris really- it all looks the same in Paris as it’s mainly the same street after street.
But I see a lot of people saying the same as me and the photos above show that in grey it can give off a very utilitarian vibe from certain angles- which most hotels in the Riviera certainly would not. The one of the tower section reminds me of a council block in a Northern English city where they have bolted on some colourful awnings to try and brighten up 1960s post war UK architecture (what you would call tenement high rise I think). They did this to one in Sheffield - you will see what I mean!
Then again my wife used to say similar about BLT but the thing about BLT is it matches Contemporary very well so it has purpose to be like it is, and my wife loved it then when she stayed so maybe we will be the same after staying at Riviera.
View attachment 541128
This is another example in Liverpool I think:

View attachment 541129

All it needs is a Mansard roof bolting on and Liverpool can have its very own Riviera😂
I think your Liverpool examples are extreme, RVA really doesn't look like that generally, it's much more ornamented.

But I do also think white would look better! I wonder if there's a comment box I can put that suggestion in 😉

ETA: do visit the resort at night, I'm enamored by the light work! The rooms have very good lighting as well, 3 or more sources of light per room, which is what interior designers recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter