Riviera Rooms with a View

I appreciate the input as we are not familiar at all with this resort. We are planning a stay in April 2021 and wondered if the only "dedicated" preferred view deluxe studios views are as posted above (west wing). Trying to look at a map and decide if requesting a "dedicated" preferred studio higher floor or over lobby higher floor is best. If anyone knows where the dedicated studios are located in the resort I would be most appreciative of that information. My sense is they are tucked in the corner by the towers in the west wing. No sense requesting something that does not exist, right? We booked preferred view. Do you feel that noise level was an issue in deluxe studio's at all and any advice you can offer would be great. Celebrating 35 years of marriage so thought we could make a request if it makes sense. However, I get they are only requests. We are paying cash reservation, not DVC owners or rental. Thanks all. By the way all the photos posted are a huge help. Awesome thanks.
We had a preferred view studio and had a nice view. We were about halfway up. We requested "higher floor" during online check-in, and that was our only request.

Thank you so very much to all of you! You have been a tremendous help. Is there any advantage to a dedicated studio or no? I was assuming perhaps less noise from neighbors, but not having been there I am not sure it matters. I have not read that there are issues with sound from other rooms but was curious. Thank you all for of your responses, you have been most helpful.

We stayed in a non-dedicated studio last month. We experienced zero noise issues (and there was a family in the 1br). The layout of the rooms and the placement of the connecting door, should mitigate any noise. We did not hear a thing.

Steve

I don't know what a dedicated studio is, but we stayed in a Riviera studio and didn't have any noise issues.
A non-dedicated studio has a door that can be opened to an adjoining 1 bedroom (together creating a 2 bedroom lock-off).
So: non-dedicated studio +1 bedroom = 2 bedroom lock-off.
A dedicated studio has no door that can be opened to an adjoining room.

Hi all! We are staying at the Riviera in August for a bucket list, dream vacation. We usually like to stay on the ground floor of resorts because we have two little kids and I get terrified of high balconies. Are there any room recommendations for a ground floor (or at least low floor) deluxe studio, standard view?

Keep saying those 81 to 89 (looking to right) rooms need to be moved to standard while top floors of 25-35 is pulled for an "Epcot View" possibly pulling more of the 41-59 top floors to make "Epcot View" a large enough room pool for ease of booking. Lots of first floors should be removed in to the Standard View as well.

Is there any advantage to a dedicated studio or no?

You want location IMO. If someone is being that loud a door vs no door is not going to make much of a difference.

You have double doors with a special threshold to block any sound under the door as well. Plus with double doors being spaced it helps more for trapping sound. In addition the door is "in hallway" out of main area.

Hello all

We had booked a studio at SSR for our Feb trip but when a room came up at Rivera we jumped on the tower studio as it is just the two of us and we are not in the room often ... Usually its just to sleep .. I know the rooms are very small as per the reviews and looking at the DVC room layout , we have been reading some good and bad reviews but we still are looking forward to a the new resort . Anyone recommend a room that is a TS with a decent view . We usually like higher floors but are open to any suggestions .

Hello all

We had booked a studio at SSR for our Feb trip but when a room came up at Rivera we jumped on the tower studio as it is just the two of us and we are not in the room often ... Usually its just to sleep .. I know the rooms are very small as per the reviews and looking at the DVC room layout , we have been reading some good and bad reviews but we still are looking forward to a the new resort . Anyone recommend a room that is a TS with a decent view . We usually like higher floors but are open to any suggestions .
TS are all in the same area - just the one tower - so would just request higher floor. Excited to try one too - hard heard they are dinky buy the bathroom is relatively roomy. Most people say 1-3 nights if not spending much time there is great.

Rooms will end in 19 (facing Skyliner (this pic is looking left considerably))

Rooms ending in 21:

Rooms ending in 23 (this view looking left and lotsa parking lot looking right)

Here's a 23 room looking right:

So yeah if it were me, I'd ask for a high floor Skyliner view (and hope for a 19 or 21 and not a 23 though really
any of these will give a fireworks view when those start again.

That said... Here's are worst case scenerios:

First floor ending in 19 (8119):

First floor ending in 21 (8121):

First floor ending in 23 (8123):

Preferred view studio 8781

Attachments

• B8FDF332-CE22-4048-90BB-2CA8E7761096.jpeg
    B8FDF332-CE22-4048-90BB-2CA8E7761096.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 8A7D168C-4183-4A62-8863-3F71D5F63804.jpeg
    8A7D168C-4183-4A62-8863-3F71D5F63804.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 80
Staying in a Tower Studio in April! If we want a view of Epcot should we request high floor and 21 room?
Or do others have a better view?

Eeeeekkk - ok sorry I am about to bust. I have read 5 pages of comments and while I was looking for rooms in May a 1bedroom , preferred popped up for 2 nights. #bittersweet that people aren't traveling but AAAHHHHMAZING that I snagged a room at Riviera. It's always sold out.
I love the maps y'all have made, but I am confused on the "preferred" label. Is it Pool, courtyard view or EPCOT view?
TIA

I think I finally figured out how to post pictures rightside up!

This is 8765, SV 1br (LO) EAST wing. Spaceship Earth with MK fireworks behind it. Very partial view of Epcot fireworks looking to the left; so partial I did not bother taking pictures.
Great pictures!

I love the maps y'all have made, but I am confused on the "preferred" label. Is it Pool, courtyard view or EPCOT view?
Basically, any room overlooking a parking lot is considered Standard. So if you're looking at an aerial shot of Riviera it would be the north part of both the west wing, the lobby building and the east wing. Epcot views are in Standard view in the parking lot facing west wing rooms.
Preferred are everything else, including views of the Skyliner, the lake, and CBR.

Have a preferred view studio booked as of now...any personal preference for any of you who have gone in terms of west wing vs east wing? Is it even worth making any request here outside of high floor? Scanning through this page, and not really seeing much reason to make a room request.

Have a preferred view studio booked as of now...any personal preference for any of you who have gone in terms of west wing vs east wing? Is it even worth making any request here outside of high floor? Scanning through this page, and not really seeing much reason to make a room request.

We had 8781 (see a few posts up) a couple weeks ago and did not really enjoy half the view being other balconies / rooms. That said, the other half of the view was outstanding.

We had 8781 (see a few posts up) a couple weeks ago and did not really enjoy half the view being other balconies / rooms. That said, the other half of the view was outstanding.
I agree with a post a few pages back that 8x81-8x89 (odd) should be standard view. I would be really upset to have that as my preferred view. You're not even looking at a Disney resort at that point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter