Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding-TR Pg 92; Photo Update pg 133

You gals sure do some weird stuff outside! What do your neighbors think?

Well I'm off to work! Wally, be a doll and text me around 7:30 to remind me to take another med! My rent is due!

;)

I think Rob's going to be upset when he's sees what we've done to his thread.

Let's all blame it on Rosie. Well, I would love to chat some more but I have to go mow my lawn.

Rob has no one to blame nut himself. If he had kept up with the trip reports we would be oooh-ing aww-ing over his wedding, instead Wally and Mike refuse to behave and I must serve as the voice of reason. :dance3:

Rob-
Note: Mike took us in "the gutter" - NOT ME.

Me----->
angel.png

Rob-
Note: Mike took us in "the gutter" - NOT ME.

Me----->
angel.png

NOT you ------>
angel.png

Even so, I'm hoping Rob gets back to his narrative soon. I'm hoping he's just having so much fun at F&W that he's too busy to think of us pitiful folk out here in the hinterlands hungering for more details of the bestest wedding ever. (Please note the finely nuanced element of guilt I'm working into this. It's a gift -- I know.:rolleyes: )

Hi. I just want to say how happy I am for you and your partner. Your cake is beautiful. I am sure it tasted as good as it looks. You make me proud that I am a mother of a gay son. I hope one day that he meets his lifetime partner. As a Disney family, I know that his wedding ( and I say marriage, not civil union) will also be at WDW. The first time that we stayed at the Poly he was 2 months old. We have returned 3-4 times each year..And throw in 10 Disney cruises.. Yeah...We are Disney fanatics.....There just is not anything that can compare to the high we get from Disney...

I have lurked at the Gay and Lesbian site for 6 months or so. I must say that there is no hatred or arguing on this site...(If only there was no confrontations on the other boards...can we say Community Board?) Your family is so accepting and loving. I only wish my mom and dad (son's grandparent's) were as open-minded as yours.

I was raised in an extremely religious family. I mean right-wing, blessed with the holy-spirit, speaking in tongues, all night revival family. I always felt that they were judgemental. You will go to hell if you dress this way, smoke, drink, etc...As a teenager, I always debated my dad on these issues. I have always felt that God cares what is in your heart not what is on the outside..You know, what kind of person you are in the inside, not what you look like from the outside..After reading the posts on this site for 6 months now, I think all of you have more love, compassion, courage, and tolerance than all the other boards combined. It makes me proud to be a mom of a gay son.

I always argued with my father about homosexuality. He said that God condemned it because it was something that you chose. I said, (this was in the 70's) that it was the way you were born. Why would someone choose to be in the minority? They would not. God made them that way. As I grew older, my feelings did not change. My parents chose (and still do to this day) to bury their heads in the sand. My brother is 46 (never been married, one girlfriend in middle school), brother-in-law 61 (never had a girlfriend), neice 30 (never had a boyfriend). I tell you there is something in the genes. (Oh yeah, it is a choice!!!)

You are so blessed to have such an accepting family. My daughters and their (husband, boyfriend) accept their brother as he is. My husband has accepted him (although not as fast as we girls) too. Hell, the girls knew when he was six years-old. I knew when he was three. I always wonder if I argued with my dad when I was younger because I knew that I would have a gay son.

Anyway, I am so proud of my son for coming out when he was in high school. I know that this was not an eay thing to do. I just hugged him and said that I always felt that he was gay. But I will admit, that I did go through a brief period of mourning. I don't know why, I did know..I guess it was just all the feelings of what the average American family would be. You know, a wife, 2 kids, etc. I now look back on that and think, what was wrong with me? My son is one of the most compassionate, loving, thoughtful persons that I know.

I just wanted to let you know, that you bring hope to me that my son will some day meet his lifetime partner. He has had one 18 month relationship with a very nice boy. We met his family and they too were accepting. My son has now gone off to college and has grown as a person. He has made new friends amd they are all very accepting. Hey he is even in a fraternity.

I hope that one day that all the world can be as accepting as this site is. I see more love and compassion in here than I do in every day life. May you and your partner have a lifetime of love and happiness... I know that you must live very close to Magic Kingdom, so the next time that you go watch Wishes, shed a few tears for my son and I (we just can't hear that music and not cry.) Starlight, starbright, I wish upon a star tonight....May your love for one another grow each night.

Thank you, SarasotaMom, for your wonderful post. Your son is very lucky to have you for a mom! And don't give up hope on your parents. People come to terms with things in their own time, in their own way. They may yet surprise you.

I'm glad that you're enjoying my recap of our journey. I'm doing it mostly for myself, but it's nice to know that other people are being entertained by my ramblings.

Even so, I'm hoping Rob gets back to his narrative soon. I'm hoping he's just having so much fun at F&W that he's too busy to think of us pitiful folk out here in the hinterlands hungering for more details of the bestest wedding ever. (Please note the finely nuanced element of guilt I'm working into this. It's a gift -- I know.:rolleyes: )

Food & Wine Festival was loads of fun, and I was enjoying it WAY too much to spare a thought for all of you pitiful folk.

As to your attempt to guilt me back into my narrative, you're lucky I like you. I don't respond well to emotional manipulations like that, and (as many family members have found out to their chagrin) I tend to do the exact opposite of what the person attempting to guilt me into doing would like just out of spiteful contratianism. So be warned. Trying to guilt me into recapping is likely to result in futher delays. ;)

Food & Wine Festival was loads of fun, and I was enjoying it WAY too much to spare a thought for all of you pitiful folk.

As to your attempt to guilt me back into my narrative, you're lucky I like you. I don't respond well to emotional manipulations like that, and (as many family members have found out to their chagrin) I tend to do the exact opposite of what the person attempting to guilt me into doing would like just out of spiteful contratianism. So be warned. Trying to guilt me into recapping is likely to result in futher delays. ;)

yeah yeah yeah...

blah.gif
blah.gif
blah.gif

Just get on with it Mary before you lose your readership! :rolleyes:

yeah yeah yeah...

blah.gif
blah.gif
blah.gif

Just get on with it Mary before you lose your readership! :rolleyes:

Actually, I'm in the middle of typing out the next installment RIGHT NOW!

But since you've pushed my buttons, perhaps I'll hold off and post it tomorrow instead.:mad:

Anyone want to try for Tuesday? :snooty:

OK, I'll grovel. I'm not too proud.

Please, Rob, would you pretty pretty please write and share some more trip report?

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

After all, you haven't even gotten to the part where you met your fabulous tablemates at Triton's! :rotfl:

(We got to hear the Reader's Digest condensed version on the ship--I'm really looking forward to the less abbreviated version.)

mk

OK, I'll grovel. I'm not too proud.

Please, Rob, would you pretty pretty please write and share some more trip report?

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

After all, you haven't even gotten to the part where you met your fabulous tablemates at Triton's! :rotfl:

(We got to hear the Reader's Digest condensed version on the ship--I'm really looking forward to the less abbreviated version.)

mk

:rotfl2:

Mary Kaye, no need to grovel!

Everyone around here knows that I wasn't REALLY going to punish everyone for Wally being obnoxious. (I'll find ways to make him suffer all by himself later.)

The next installment is done, I'm proofreading now. It'll be up shortly.

p.s. I think we may have to have an entire installment about our awesome tablemates on the boat! :thumbsup2

Oooh please ... No! In the name of all that is good and kind....
cryingbabies.jpg

No please ... Don't stop now ... must have next installment ...
or I'll just die ... I'll just die ...I swear.

:upsidedow
or not.

Oooh please ... No! In the name of all that is good and kind....
cryingbabies.jpg

No please ... Don't stop now ... must have next installment ...
or I'll just die ... I'll just die ...I swear.

:upsidedow
or not.

As I mentioned above. I'll make you suffer later.

I may ask for Rosie's help. :rotfl:

Day Four - Sunday September 28th-THE BIG DAY!- Part One

We were able to have a nice lazy morning on Sunday the 28th. We got up and headed over to the Hospitality Suite for breakfast with my family. My sister bakes for a living, and she had brought potica for us to have for breakfast the day of our wedding. This was very special, and I am extremely grateful to her.

For those of you who don't know, potica (pronounced Pah-TEETZ-ah) is a Eastern European sweet bread that is made by rolling the dough out flat, layering in a filling (our family recipe calls for walnuts, butter, sugar & cinnamon), rolling it up and forming a loaf. So when the bread has risen, been baked, and cut it makes a spiral pattern.

Some examples from the internet:
68940.jpg

3562139-Potica-Ptuj.jpg

And you can see it on the table in this picture

20080927_0705.jpg

Potica is traditionally served at Christmas, Easter, & Weddings. So it was important to me that we have potica. We had plates of sliced potica on the table to share the night before for the welcome party (as evidenced by the picture above :thumbsup2 ); but we were having our traditional "Christmas Morning" breakfast the day of the wedding. It consists of sliced potica and baked ham. We reheated the ham, and sliced both the ham and the potica, then sat down to eat. Personally I make a sandwich out of the ham & potica. It sounds odd, but it's delicious. Most of the rest of the family simply puts one slice of ham on a piece of potica and eats it open faced. Dad also adds mustard & horseradish, and we always have sweet pickles to go with it (I bought a jar just for this occasion). Scott (like my Dad before him) wasn't sure what to think of potica when he first tried it, but is now a big fan.

I can think of no better way to start our Wedding Day than by eating ham & potica with my mom, dad, brother, & sister. So many people have issues with their families. I am infinitely lucky in that those people sitting at that table with us that day were not only my blood relatives, but my best friends as well. Their love and acceptance have always been unconditional, and great sources of both inspiration and strength. That they love and accept Scott the same way they love me is no surprise to me, but it is overwhelming to him. He is happy to be part of our family now, too.

So breakfast together was the only way to start the day in my book. It was relaxed, yet a lot of fun.

After breakfast, we went off to our separate rooms to shower and get dressed. It was so exciting! I was so stressed that I'd leave the rings behind. I was so sure that I'd forget something and it would ruin our wedding. In the end, something did get forgotten. But more on that later.

By 1:00pm I was dressed in my new suit, the "Superman Blue" tie was tied, the Superman cufflinks were holding the cuffs closed, my Grandma's wedding rings were securely pinned into my breast pocket (sadly, they no longer fit on my left pinky :( ), Papa's watch was on my wrist (and mine was on Scott's - he'd forgotten his :rotfl: ) and I was heading back to the Hospitality Suite to meet the rest of the family.

I was the first one there, and I took the opportunity to pace. A lot. I'm one of those people who tends to be chronically early, but I don't wait well. So I find myself getting places well ahead of time, and then being completely frustrated at having to wait. Not a great trait, I know, but I've learned to pace or sway in place. I also noticed that my favorite wine had been opened at the Welcome Party the night before so I poured myself a glass. Then realized that I had no contingency plan if I spilled anything on myself, so poured it out of the wine glass and into plastic cup. And then chugged it before I could spill it. Then I paced some more. Did I mention that I don't wait well? :lmao:

After what seemed like hours (but was in reality probably only 5 or 10 minutes) Sofia arrived, looking AMAZING in her dress. Mom & Dad followed shortly thereafter and then Scott. We waited for a bit for Dennis (as tends to be the way it works) and just as I was about to call his room to see where he was--he walked in as well.

From there it was down to the lobby to catch our limo to Pleasure Island. When we saw the announcement board in the Boardwalk Lobby, we stopped to take a picure:
20080928_0521.jpg

And then it was time to go!

More about the "Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding" coming soon. Including answers to such exciting questions as: What did Rob forget? Did someone actually crash the wedding? Shouldn't there be a bride? Where the hell is that limo? and many many more!

More about the "Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding" coming soon. Including answers to such exciting questions as: What did Rob forget? Did someone actually crash the wedding? Shouldn't there be a bride? Where the hell is that limo? and many many more!

And - Why ta heck was I not ask to come? :rolleyes:

I was the first one there, and I took the opportunity to pace. A lot. I'm one of those people who tends to be chronically early, but I don't wait well.

Okay, I was dicussing the whole "I don't wait well" thing with someone via PM, and I wrote this more specific description of things. I have decided to share it with all of you for your entertainment, and to prove how bizarre I can be.

Honestly. If someone had been taping me at that moment, it would have been comedy GOLD! It went like this:

Look at watch. Pace. Open french doors and step out onto terrace. Look at watch. Look at the boardwalk. Pace on terrace. Realize that it's hot and I don't want to sweat in my suit. Go back into villa. Close doors. Look at watch. Pace. See open bottle of red wine. Find wine glass. Pour wine. Pick up glass and pace. Stop pacing. Look at wine glass. Decide this is a recipe for disaster. Locate plastic cup. Carefully pour wine into plastic cup. Pace. Look at cup. Realize this isn't any better. Look around. Chug wine while leaning over so none can spill on me. Throw cup away. Look at watch. Pace.

I hope this glimpse into my psychosis has been enlightening for all of you!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter