• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rob and Scott's Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding-TR Pg 92; Photo Update pg 133

Lettuce entertain you...

Spam.gif
Spam.gif
Spam.gif
Spam.gif
Spam.gif
Let me do a few tricks
Some old and some new tricks
I'm very versatile

dancenaked.gif
dancenaked.gif
dancenaked.gif
dancenaked.gif
dancenaked.gif

Okay, if you go back to post #1535, you'll see that I added the readings into the post about the ceremony.

I didn't include them originally, because I didn't have a copy of the the "substitute reading".

Sofia was kind enough to find it in her purse, and send it to me. (Thanks, Sofi! :cheer2: )

So now the ceremony is complete, as it happened.

More to come, soon!

Sofia was kind enough to find it in her purse, and send it to me. (Thanks, Sofi! )
No problem, now can you please write some more? I can't wait to see how it ends. :yay: Oh yeah I was there I know how it ends.:goodvibes Any way hurry up and write some more.popcorn::
Love ya Rob:flower3:

Day Four - Sunday September 28th-THE BIG DAY!- Part Five

So, once the ceremony was over, and we'd walked out of the Library, we knew that the next thing up was to take some more photos with Randy Chapman, so we hung around. This turned into a recieving line, where everyone funnelled past us on the way out. It wasn't intentional, but what the heck.

After most of the guests had departed, and headed toward the reception, we took the opportunity to take some pictures that are very important to us. You've heard me talk a lot about our "Florida Family" lately. Well, since there are 14 of us, and two of those folks live in another country (Glen & Pippa may live in England, but they're still part of our Floriday Family, you can't convince any of us otherwise, so there!), we'd never been in the same room all at once before. We had gotten close a few times, but there was always at least one person missing. Not today, though. We were all at the Adventurers Club. And we took the opportunity to take some pictures together. Randy Chapman will have other photos of all of us, but these are from Sharon's camera.

Order1.jpg

Order2.jpg

In these photos, we have the ladies, up on the bar: Rande, Lyne, Sharon, Pippa, & Jodie (Jodie is in the black dress, and Pippa in the pink. Not sure why they switched positions between shots). And the guys sitting on the stools: Joe, Steve, Tyler, Scott, Rob, Glen, Brad, Randy & Kyle.

The stools at the bar in the back of the Library were our preferred seats for any Library Show we'd see, so that's why we posed for a picture there. Randy also got some of all of us on stage, and underneath the Colonel in the Main Salon. Can't wait to see those!

After those photos, they all left, and Scott and I took some more pictures in the arches above the Main Salon on the second level of the club. Including pictures in the archway where our first date started. :goodvibes

Then we went outside and got some shots of us in front of the club, and on the Pleasure Island Bridge, etc. We had a couple people stop and congratulate us, when they figured out what was going on.

As we took the pictures, my parents, brother, and sister went to the spot where the limo was supposed to pick us up. When we got there, Randy told us he'd meet us at the entrance to the Boardwalk, so he could get more pictures of us walking to the reception. Marion, our wedding planner, had also gone ahead, and we were waiting with Liddy, one of Marion's assistants. We were running a bit ahead of schedule, so it didn't concern me when the limo wasn't there when we got there. We sat down near the fountain between AMC and Planet Hollywood and waited.

And waited

And waited

It was overcast, and there was a bit of a breeze, so it wasn't unbearably hot. My parents had a place to sit, I wasn't going to stress.

My Dad on the other hand, was PISSED! Visibly so.

Liddy apologized and said it woudln't be long. She got on the radio.

"Everything would be fine. We've got over half and hour before we have to be there. I'm not going to stress. We're enjoying today."

Dad suggests taking a taxi.

Liddy comes over to us and starts with "I'm SO sorry!"

This can't be good.

"There was a miscommunication at the limo company, and your limo driver has left. They're dispatching two town cars."

Okay, no big deal, cars will be here soon, I'm not stressing.

Dad is turning red, and starts looking around for a taxi.

I check my watch. We're not late.

Yet.

Just as Dad gets up to walk over to the taxi stand, the first of the town cars arrives. They want us to take it. I tell them Scott and I will catch the second one, they should all go on ahead to the reception. Before we can have an argument, the second car arrives. Scott and I climb into the second one. Mom, Dad, Dennis, & Sofia all piled into the first one, because it was supposed to take them around to the entrance of the Atlantic Dance Hall, so Mom wouldn't have to walk down the Boardwalk. Our car was supposed to head to the Boardwalk entrance, so we could meet Randy for more photos.

Notice I say "supposed to". The first car went to the Boardwalk entrance. Our driver commented to us that he thought the other car was supposed to go the other way, and did we still want to go to the Boardwalk entrance? "YES!"

We were met at the Boardwalk entrance by Marion's other assistant, Kevin, who informed us that my family had been taken directly to the dance hall. I said "no, they're right there!" and pointed to where they had just come off the elevator and begun walking toward the Boardwalk. Kevin paniced and ran off to help them and see if they needed a wheelchair for my mom.

In the meantime. Randy found us, and guided us through some poses around the boardwalk. They should be very good, too. Poses in the photo booth, and on benches, etc. I was a bit distracted by that point, so I don't remember all of them.

Only because Randy is an amazing professional, we got to the Atlantic Dance Hall on time. Marion met us there, and apologized again. We told her that we'd gotten there, and things were fine by us, but that my Dad was very upset.

We walked in, and as everyone else was upstairs doing the cocktail hour, we were pretty much alone for a moment. One of the servers brought us each a cocktail and a plate with the onioin tartlets and crab cakes. We remembered why we'd chosen those for appetizers, because they were so yummy. And we were SO hungry. Breakfast seemed like ages ago!

We met the DJ and chatted with him briefly, and took a moment to look at our gorgeous wedding cake. Now the stress was truly over, and we were enjoying the heck out of it.

After that we "hid" while they brought everyone else downstairs, and we went up the back stairs so that we could make our entrance down the grand staircase.

More about the reception coming soon!

Sofia was kind enough to find it in her purse, and send it to me. (Thanks, Sofi! )
No problem, now can you please write some more? I can't wait to see how it ends. :yay: Oh yeah I was there I know how it ends.:goodvibes Any way hurry up and write some more.popcorn::
Love ya Rob:flower3:

See, if you'd just waited ONE MORE MINUTE, you'd have seen that I was working on it!

:rotfl2:

Nothing good ever comes after "I'm SO sorry" but I'm so glad it all worked out in the end. I have spent the last 2 weeks reading all 106 pages and let me tell you, you have gotten me so excited about planning my Disney wedding... umm... commitment ceremony.. Thank you so much!!
Eric

Ooooh! I just LOVE grand entrances! Can't wait to read about it!

Ugh. Limo being unavailable is not cool, nor is the mixup with the town car destinations, but all in all it really wasn't too terrible, eh? :)

This has been the most amazing trip report ever(well next to Mary Kaye and Randy's);) You guys are a wonderful couple and I just wanted to congratulate you on your ceremony.

What a fabulous trip report!!! Thank you so much for sharing such a special private moment in your life!!! How awful for your guests to be stalked by your wedding crashers. Can't wait to see more of your celebration....

ETA by DF: :sail: There is no rhyme or reason to his choices. He just likes this one!

Nothing good ever comes after "I'm SO sorry" but I'm so glad it all worked out in the end. I have spent the last 2 weeks reading all 106 pages and let me tell you, you have gotten me so excited about planning my Disney wedding... umm... commitment ceremony.. Thank you so much!!
Eric

Glad you're enjoying it. Have a blast planning your Disney Wedding (call it that if you want to, we did, and the Disney folks went right along with it! :thumbsup2). It's SO much fun! And then come back here and tell us all about it. (Be warned, though. These people are demanding and voracious! :rotfl: )

Ooooh! I just LOVE grand entrances! Can't wait to read about it!

Ugh. Limo being unavailable is not cool, nor is the mixup with the town car destinations, but all in all it really wasn't too terrible, eh? :)

In the end, it wasn't too terrible, but at the time I was afraid my Dad was going to have an aneurism.

Plus, we were not charged for the town cars. Our final bill only had a one way limo charge. That saved me from having to have a bidezilla moment and demanding that it be taken off. :thumbsup2

This has been the most amazing trip report ever(well next to Mary Kaye and Randy's);) You guys are a wonderful couple and I just wanted to congratulate you on your ceremony.

Why thank you! And now, you'll have to provide a link to Mary Kaye and Randy's trip report, because you've piqued my curiosity. ;)

What a fabulous trip report!!! Thank you so much for sharing such a special private moment in your life!!! How awful for your guests to be stalked by your wedding crashers. Can't wait to see more of your celebration....

ETA by DF: :sail: There is no rhyme or reason to his choices. He just likes this one!

Maybe that smily is his way of saying that I should hurry up and get to reporting about the cruise. :confused3

I promise, I will talk about the cruise (and the awesome tablemates) but not right now!

This book is too slow. :rolleyes:

When does someone sleep with the stable boy?
Are there going to be vampires?
Or an evil twin?

I don't see Oprah putting this on her reading list. :sad2:

This book is too slow. :rolleyes:

When does someone sleep with the stable boy?
Are there going to be vampires?
Or an evil twin?

I don't see Oprah putting this on her reading list. :sad2:

Yes, Wally.

YOU are going to sleep with the stable boy, but then he turns out to be a vampire, and you die.
Then you're replaced by your evil twin. (Or in your case, "Good twin")

And we all live happily ever after with the good twin. :banana:

We met the DJ and chatted with him briefly, and took a moment to look at our gorgeous wedding cake. Now the stress was truly over, and we were enjoying the heck out of it.

After that we "hid" while they brought everyone else downstairs, and we went up the back stairs so that we could make our entrance down the grand staircase.

Okay, so while we're waiting, we can hear the music that is being played. We had just spoken to the DJ, and asked him if he'd been able to find all of the songs we requested, and he assured us that he had, and commented that he was a big fan of Blind Boys of Alabama, and hadn't ever heard "Welcome" (from Disney's Brother Bear), but had found in on youtube.

As we waited, I heard something really strange playing, and thought. This isn't "Welcome". I've nver heard this song before. But then we heard the voices of the two moose characters from Brother Bear, and that confused us even more.

I looked it up later.

We'd asked that as the guests came down the stairs from having cocktails that this song be played. "Welcome" by Blind Boys of Alabama from Brother Bear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnBwT83xWco

Instead he found this one. "Welcome to this Day" by Melissa Etheridge from Brother Bear 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_EnDOAeplM&feature=related

I didn't even know that they'd made a crappy straight to video sequel to Brother Bear!

In the moment, we just laughed. It kind of worked, but it made me worry a bit about what would happen when it was time for the other songs we'd selected . . . . :scared:

Yes, Wally.

YOU are going to sleep with the stable boy, but then he turns out to be a vampire, and you die.
Then you're replaced by your evil twin. (Or in your case, "Good twin")

And we all live happily ever after with the good twin. :banana:

Wow - this is sparking this up already! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Do I have to die thought - can't I become a vampire/immortal?
How do I fit in to the wedding thing you've got going already?
Or you could scrap that - The tale of the endowed vampire stable boy and his eternal love for a blond god - could be the main theme :)

Do I have to die though - can't I become a vampire/immortal?

Sorry. Your death is integral to the plotline. Either the vampire has to kill you, or you'll have to be killed by the non-evil twin so he can replace you. Either way, it's necessary to the story. Can't be helped.

The tale of the vampire stable boy and his eternal love for a blond god - could be the main theme :)

Yeah, no one would believe that. First off, the young stable boy says "I'm not into old guys, you're going to have to pay extra", and secondly, change "blond god" to "bottle blond with delusions of grandeur." It just doesn't sound very interesting, does it?

How do I fit in to the wedding thing you've got going already?

It's a dream sequence. And happily the dreamer has woken up and it's over.

Sorry. Your death is integral to the plotline. Either the vampire has to kill you, or you'll have to be killed by the non-evil twin so he can replace you. Either way, it's necessary to the story. Can't be helped.

Yeah, no one would believe that. First off, the young stable boy says "I'm not into old guys, you're going to have to pay extra", and secondly, change "blond god" to "bottle blond with delusions of grandeur." It just doesn't sound very interesting, does it?

It's a dream sequence. And happily the dreamer has woken up and it's over.

The wedding is over Cha-cha!
So instead of chalking this up to - uppity, nerve addled, bridezilla -
Now it just come off as your MEAN. :mad:

The wedding is over Cha-cha!
So instead of chalking this up to - uppity, nerve addled, bridezilla -
Now it just come off as your MEAN. :mad:

Nobody ever said I was a NICE person! ;)

And I get to be bridezilla, groomzilla, & gayzilla as long as it's in my tag!

Neener neener neener!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter