• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster--Fact or Rumor?

I too have heard or shall I say read about the rumors, but from no official source. Only from someone who knows someone, so on and so forth. I highly doubt that RnR will change to Hannah or the Jonas Bros. The ride is what it is because of Aerosmith and thier music. Hannah/Jonas are only a fad and wont be around for 30 yrs. let alone a for another 5. If and only if they were to change RnR I could only see another famous, well known band thats been around for more than just a couple of years. For instance how bout Bon Jovi maybe even the Rolling Stones!!! Anybody else have any suggestions for bands if they were to change RnR, even though they wouldn't?

U2--still the biggest band in the world---and relevant.
But, I would say leave it with Aerosmith...I love it.
how 'bout some backstage passes?

U2 as biggest band int he world is very subjective... and the numbers don't support it either.

Who's numbers? Music is subjective but I am basing it on the fact that they and the Rolling Stones are the two biggest touring acts of the past 30 years. U2 has revolutionized the art of touring. See Zoo TV and Popmart. Check them out on Youtube if you are not familiar. U2's last two tours this decade alone were complete sell outs and the albums were backed by great albums sales and Grammy's. And they are currently on an almost sold out stadium tour across the world. Worldwide, not just America. Please check the touring numbers at the end of the year and see how they did. Just played to 90,000 people in Barcelona, Spain and are playing many dates like that on this tour. Does Aerosmith or Bon Jovi have these kinds of numbers this decade? What numbers are you referring to by the way? I am curious. If you are referring to album sales in this country for the latest album, check to see how it stacks up against other artists like Taylor Swift, Britney, etc., this year. U2 is right there with all the "top artists" of today. People steal albums, and almost 500,000 people downloaded the latest U2 album illegally. Then check the album sales of latest album worldwide against other albums....hmmmm. So, what numbers are you referencing? There's no such thing as album sales anymore, not when people steal music. This is a band 30 years into their career. I know music is subjective, but U2 has the track record, and a pretty clean one I might add, to back it up. Controversy is media and news, and U2 have steered clear for the most part of what so many other bands depend on to keep them in the news.

I am sorry I am off topic, I just did not want people to be mislead by your generalized statement so I felt I needed to respond.

All that said, I hope Disney leaves the roller coaster with Aerosmith. They are a great American rock and roll band and it fits the mood and theme of the ride.

Isn't Hannah Montana the TV show ending in a season or 2?

Why would they re-vamp an entire ride for something that won't even exist by the time the ride changes are completed?

If Disney were going to change the Musical Act of the RNRC they would have at the very least announced a refurbishment of the ride. My guess is they already have resigned Aerosmith to another contract. More adults definitely Ride this Coaster than children, and having Miley or the Jonas Bros makes no sense. U2 will never happen as they are signed with Universal Music, but Bon Jovi would be a great alternative.

I believe the reported "10 years" is up in a few weeks, so I would have expected something to have been announced by now.

I ran this rumor past my 10 yr old DD and her response was, "You gotta be kidding me! I am so over Hannah Montana!"

I would think that if she is over HM then so are many other tweeners. She used to talk non-stop about all things HM. I think maybe she is on her way out. It would be dumb for Disney to ruin RNR like that.

I vote for Bon Jovi. My DH and I discussed who could replace Aerosmith and I see others here thought the same thing!! Bon Jovi! I wouldn't mind looking at Jon here and there through the ride.

I ran this rumor past my 10 yr old DD and her response was, "You gotta be kidding me! I am so over Hannah Montana!"

I would think that if she is over HM then so are many other tweeners. She used to talk non-stop about all things HM. I think maybe she is on her way out. It would be dumb for Disney to ruin RNR like that.

I vote for Bon Jovi. My DH and I discussed who could replace Aerosmith and I see others here thought the same thing!! Bon Jovi! I wouldn't mind looking at Jon here and there through the ride.

What Bon Jovi songs would work? I can think of maybe three....Living on a Prayer, Bad Medicine and It's My Life. Might be more, can't remember. Aren't they on Universal's label also?

Do you know how bad people don't like Stich's Great Escape? I think all these kids attractions go downhill. If they change it to HM/JB, RNR will go downhill very fast. Teens don't want to listen to the Best of Both Worlds. Sure kids might, but how many kids really go on RNR?

What Bon Jovi songs would work? I can think of maybe three....Living on a Prayer, Bad Medicine and It's My Life. Might be more, can't remember. Aren't they on Universal's label also?

Lost Highway would be a good song but its not as pumped up as any aerosmith song would ever be... I still vote Aerosmith but they should change the music everytime you ride it

And i completely agree with the person above me! AEROSMITH ROCKSSSSSS!!!!

No U2...definitely would skip the ride...unless it came with a mute button.

Bon Jovi would be a great choice or use different artists in a shuffle format

Though I think that it will probably stay Aerosmith...since the contract is up this week (I believe) and Disney hasn't announced any changes.

If Aerosmith had to go, my vote for a replacement would be Van Halen.
Imagine "Eruption", "Panama" or "Hot for Teacher" on that ride?

I don't get all this huge love for Bon Jovi. I do like them, but I am trying to figure out the reason some people go crazy over them. Is it kind of like the younger generation's love for Jonas Brothers? Seems a lot of the time to be less about the music and lyrics, and more about the image and looks with Bon Jovi for some people. Maybe they are kind of like the adult version of Jonas in the way that some people see them here. I don't know?? ;)
Aerosmith is more of a pure rock band. I am still keeping fingers crossed it stays with them.

No U2...definitely would skip the ride...unless it came with a mute button.

Bon Jovi would be a great choice or use different artists in a shuffle format

Though I think that it will probably stay Aerosmith...since the contract is up this week (I believe) and Disney hasn't announced any changes.

I know several people who felt that way about U2. That is, they felt that way until they really started paying attention to their music and what it was about. Then they became U2 freaks. They had the wrong idea about U2 before they delved a bit deeper. U2 are not your typical "rock and roll band." They are about bigger ideas, much like Walt Disney was as well. Not a surface band. Maybe they should just build an Irish pavillion at Epcot :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter