Rock 'n' Roller Coaster--Fact or Rumor?

If Aerosmith had to go, my vote for a replacement would be Van Halen.
Imagine "Eruption", "Panama" or "Hot for Teacher" on that ride?

I agree Hot for the teacher is an awesome song for a roller coaster especially the bass would blow the roof off!

If there is any change, I would look for Disney to go to a more "generic" RnR coaster. I'm not sure how the pre-show would work, but it would give them greater flexibility to change the soundtrack you hear during the ride. I think that would actually be neat. It would give you a different experience everytime you ride it.

Chances are that Disney would have announced that the ride was changing long before the end of the contract if Aerosmith wasn't going re-sign. RNRC is one of MGM's most popular rides. Any change most likely would have been announced as far in advance as other ride changes

The only reason we like R&RC is because we DO NOT like it, and while those who DO like it ride it, it keeps them from doing something that we want to do. So we hope it always stays popular and lots and lots of folks continue to ride it.

Chances are that Disney would have announced that the ride was changing long before the end of the contract if Aerosmith wasn't going re-sign. RNRC is one of MGM's most popular rides. Any change most likely would have been announced as far in advance as other ride changes

Which Disney have you been following? ;-)

The one I have been going too is generally deny deny deny until THEY are ready. They could easily wait and wait.

Maybe they'll rename it to "Stitch's R&R" and play music from Lilo and Stitch! :lmao: Goodness knows we don't see enough of that little blue alien around the parks... :rolleyes1

Judy

Maybe they'll rename it to "Stitch's R&R" and play music from Lilo and Stitch! :lmao: Goodness knows we don't see enough of that little blue alien around the parks... :rolleyes1

Judy

Hmmm...ironically enough, somehow "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" doesn't seem to fit. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That's the same thing I heard!! I believe it 100%!!
Disney owns the rights of Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers, thus probably won't have to pay them the royalties they pay Aerosmith (I don't know all of these details) but it would make the attraction more Disney-like...and many young girls will be thrilled. I love RRC, don't get me wrong, and I love Aerosmith, but we are coming into a new age. These young kids are into different things and Disney is all about keeping up to date and thinking of their audience. I bet the attraction will be an instant hit for teens/tweens and their parents. Older guests will be disappointed I would guess.
I wouldn't think they pay Aerosmith anything. I would think that Aerosmith paid Disney.

Everyones saying how changing it to Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers will be a hit to teens/tweens/parents. Honestly I dont think so. I am a teen and I hate how disney makes their stars musicians and I hate the pop stars theyre over endorsing. It wouldnt be just the older crowd that would be dissapointed, it would be alot of people. I hardly see more kids than adults on RNRC. Even if they do get a new band, making it one of the disney pop stars and sending us on a poppin trip to dreamland would not be a good idea...

Making it a Hannah Montana coaster is ridiculous. You see more teens and adults on RNR than kids and teen boys don't like Hannah Montana and not many teen girls do. Most of her fans are kids and they're between 3-10 probably. Most kids are scared of RNR or just don't like it. So what's the point in making it a Hannah Montana coaster if half of the people who actually like here are not going to go on it and even the people who don't like her are not going to go on it? It's the most ridiculous thing Disney could even think of doing.

Ugh, I get enough Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers when I babysit! I cannot imagine Disney replacing a classic ride that has an iconic band behind it, with a teeny-bopper craze for a part time hype - Miserable!!! HS is already my least favorite park, if they did something like that I would only go there to do the TS ride, and that's always so busy I'm not sure it would even be worth it! :headache:

OK Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers never going to happen. As popular as they are now with a certain segment of the population (which probably for the most part don't ride roller coasters). They simply don't have a long enough shelf life for it to be worth Disney making the change.

If Disney does decide to go in a different direction it will either be another singer or band that has been around and stood the test of time or a more generic ride with music from numerous bands.

Hasn't anyone noticed that the 10 year mark passed a couple of weeks ago and absolutely nothing has changed or even been announced?

Hasn't anyone noticed that the 10 year mark passed a couple of weeks ago and absolutely nothing has changed or even been announced?

Yeah, but its fun to beat a dead horse. It is amazing that this rumor gets so much discussion, and I'm just as guilty as anyone in perpetuating it.

I wouldn't think they pay Aerosmith anything. I would think that Aerosmith paid Disney.

Actually, I believe Disney does pay them. Initially they wanted to get The Rolling Stones but couldn’t because it was too expensive. They wound up ‘settling’ with Aerosmith.
Note: I read this somewhere quite a while back, so take it for what it's worth. IIRC, they also pursued other acts before Aerosmith.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter