ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone here offer advice or opinion? If you sign a contract with 90 points available this use year and before it closes the seller uses some of the points does that void the contract. I was told the contract by Florida law has to be the same a the agreement/contract you signed? I’m asking for a clause told I’m not getting one!
What I've seen in contracts is if there is a point difference the seller is obligated to offer the buyer $20 a point

We're back in the game! Just heard from our broker that we have an accepted offer for a 250 pt contract, June UY, at Boulder Ridge for $92/pp. No points until 2020. Will format properly when I hear that we're sent to ROFR (likely tomorrow or Tuesday).

Boulder Ridge is our sentimental favorite...and I'm hoping with CCV still selling direct that maybe they won't take this one?

We're back in the game! Just heard from our broker that we have an accepted offer for a 250 pt contract, June UY, at Boulder Ridge for $92/pp. No points until 2020. Will format properly when I hear that we're sent to ROFR (likely tomorrow or Tuesday).

Boulder Ridge is our sentimental favorite...and I'm hoping with CCV still selling direct that maybe they won't take this one?

If we wouldn’t have went for AKV we would have gone with Boulder Ridge because while I have not stayed at either (gasp) Boulder Ridge seems to be more our family’s style. Good luck!

Good luck. I’ve not seen Disney take a BRV contract so I think you’ll be fine.

We’re waiting to buy but cheering you on.

ADD-ON-ITIS strikes again.....
Yep! It's our 10-year DVC member anniversary present, right? (disregard the other 3 add ons in between). ::yes::

As @carli_h mentioned, Disney hasn't been taking BRV. I was looking at Boulder Ridge for my add-on-itis, and went down the geeky rabbit hole of tracking the deeds. If my analysis is correct, Disney has not ROFR'ed any BRV since at least August (I stopped tracking once I got that far).

That has come up a few times. Many simply cancel at that point since the seller effectively violated to the terms. IMHO, the best thing to do is add a clause into the contract giving the buyer a credit of something like $25 per point difference at closing. That way you can move forward with it but be compensated for the disparity and the hassle. Some of the brokers add that automatically now. That way the seller is discouraged from pulling that little scam and you don't have to restart the process all over.

Also, The Timeshare Store is extremely reputable (as are all the well known brokers, IMHO). I can't imagine they'd ever peddle a fraudulent contract! That would truly be the height of absurdity.

I agree 100%. We've been purchasing and selling though TSS since 2000 and they are a stand up bunch of folks. Never for a moment did we doubt their reliability, credibility and diligence.

How would you know they used the points? I guess....at what point would the buyer be notified? If closing docs are signed with the correct info and they use the points after papers are signed, how would you know?

Day 38. Maybe today will be the day that we hear? Not betting on it, but one can dream, right? Just looking forward to sticking a fork in this whole process. I have ROFR fatigue . . .

Eeeks 38 days, just in FROR. I hope odds are somehow still in your favor and you don’t have to do this all over again with a new contract. Fingers crossed. We are only on day 3 of FROR and I am already tense.

Day 38. Maybe today will be the day that we hear? Not betting on it, but one can dream, right? Just looking forward to sticking a fork in this whole process. I have ROFR fatigue . . .
Day 34 here. Have a back up contract in mind just in case, just wish they’d hurry up

For that one I would definitely have your broker check in with Disney. They don't often lose contracts but it has been known to happen.

For that one I would definitely have your broker check in with Disney. They don't often lose contracts but it has been known to happen.
I had them check with Disney last Wednesday. I am not sure if they got a response from them but, if they did, they did not communicate it to me. I will nudge them again today . . .

Day 42 for us.....
I thought there was some kind of legal thing where they had to respond within 30 days, I can see them pushing it out a few more by saying 30 working days, but 42??? That seems extreme... I hope you followed up to make sure they haven't lost your contract!

Day 42 for us.....
I had them check with Disney last Wednesday. I am not sure if they got a response from them but, if they did, they did not communicate it to me. I will nudge them again today . . .

Both of you should call your agents at the resale companies. This is a long time to wait. Ask them to call Disney and call or email you back as soon as they get an answer. 42 days is a crazy long amount of time. It's your decision, but I wouldn't sit idly by without making some calls. Remember, the agents are paid to do this. It's their job. There are acceptable standards with the ROFR timeline, and they have gone beyond that IMO. The only time you can force the sale is when you haven't heard back by the closing date from Disney.

I thought there was some kind of legal thing where they had to respond within 30 days, I can see them pushing it out a few more by saying 30 working days, but 42??? That seems extreme... I hope you followed up to make sure they haven't lost your contract!

As it has been stated time and time again, YOU/your agent must send your contract to Disney at least 30 days before the closing date to give them adequate time to review the contract for ROFR. They do not have a 30 day requirement. They generally let you know within 30 days, but that timeline has gone out the window lately. I completely agree with you about needing to follow-up and see what's going on. 42 days is just plain crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter