ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wish they would also list all the ones that passed. It's useful to see the ones that got taken, but it definitely doesn't give the full picture.
They might consider that if you ask. I would think they have that data on hand. Honestly, it's probably a time thing.

I wish they would also list all the ones that passed. It's useful to see the ones that got taken, but it definitely doesn't give the full picture.

That would be nice, but I don't think the brokers want to advertise any contracts that got through ROFR at lower prices. It's easier to keep the prices higher (and increase the broker's cut) if they can tell buyers that their low-ball offers will automatically get ROFR'ed by Disney.

It's interesting that the majority of by-backs have the seller paying 2019 MFs. That is the only thing giving me hope on the one that I'm waiting for ROFR on right now!
Interestingly a majority of what they bought had 2019 points stripped (makes sense then that seller pays 19 fees), which is what seems odd that they are picking up the stripped contracts. Someone at Disney must feel the discount is too high on stripped contracts.

Interestingly a majority of what they bought had 2019 points stripped (makes sense then that seller pays 19 fees), which is what seems odd that they are picking up the stripped contracts. Someone at Disney must feel the discount is too high on stripped contracts.

I think that when you factor in member fees it bumps the price up by about $6-7/point - they have no need for those points from 2018/2019 - they have points they can bundle and repackage - but this is all speculation. I have definitely noticed they seem to prefer stripped vs. loaded contracts...

Re: ROFR February 2019 report by DVC resale market (I can't link to it as I don't have enough posts to date)
There's at least one error in the report... they seem to have combined the data for my two BWV offers (one was taken in ROFR and one passed).
As reported: Boardwalk $114 210 $23,940 Buyer Buyer Mar. 264 pts.’19 + 150 pts.’20
Actual (taken): SleeplessInTO---$114-$25220-210-BWV-Feb-0/18, 0/19, 210/20, 210/21- sent 1/7, taken 2/5
Actual (passed): SleeplessInTO---$124-$21011-150-BWV-Mar-0/18, 264/19, 150/20, 150/21- sent 2/12, passed 3/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter