ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jbreen2010 I started checking this thread specifically to see if you've posted an update. I'm hoping you either hear something before Monday or just go ahead and close. I'm suspicious when things aren't right so I wonder about that resending of the paperwork in September. Did that restart the clock on ROFR? Does the broker and DVC consider it 40 days instead of 70, you think? ...which is still a long time, but 70! Something doesn't pass the smell test there.

Agreed - there seems to be something wrong here but nobody has owned up to anything. No contracts or documents were changed because I didn't resign anything. Broker told me it was strictly a re-submit of paperwork after the first 30 days at DVC's request. Initially I was told this sometimes happens and the hope was in 5-10 business days my time would come. Maybe my contract was an on the fence and they just wanted some more time to decide if they wanted it
But another 40 have passed since then so who knows. You would hope if there was an error or something wrong people would be upfront about it and move forward. I'm pretty understanding in an honest situation....but agree something doesn't smell right.

If I don't hear anything by Monday morning, I'm calling up title company and asking to move forward with the closing.

Agreed - there seems to be something wrong here but nobody has owned up to anything. No contracts or documents were changed because I didn't resign anything. Broker told me it was strictly a re-submit of paperwork after the first 30 days at DVC's request. Initially I was told this sometimes happens and the hope was in 5-10 business days my time would come. Maybe my contract was an on the fence and they just wanted some more time to decide if they wanted it
But another 40 have passed since then so who knows. You would hope if there was an error or something wrong people would be upfront about it and move forward. I'm pretty understanding in an honest situation....but agree something doesn't smell right.

If I don't hear anything by Monday morning, I'm calling up title company and asking to move forward with the closing.
Unfortunately they likely will not close without response from Disney. Many have tried, not sure anyone has succeeded.

Unfortunately they likely will not close without response from Disney. Many have tried, not sure anyone has succeeded.

Normally, they won’t when people request it after the 30 days or so or when they want to start Before the closing date. But, as a buyer, once that closing date happens, they can push because they can legally back out of the contract at that point so there mat be leverage In this case.

Personally, I don’t think I’d close on a contract that hasn’t officially passed ROFR. I’m not sure how efficient the point transfer and actual loading of points would be on a contract on which Disney hadn’t signed off. To me, it would feel somewhat illegitimate.

But that probably won’t ever happen anyway. Why would any resale broker want to get on Disney’s wrong side by trying to close on an un-ROFRD contract, just to mollify one or two buyers?

Personally, I don’t think I’d close on a contract that hasn’t officially passed ROFR. I’m not sure how efficient the point transfer and actual loading of points would be on a contract on which Disney hadn’t signed off. To me, it would feel somewhat illegitimate.

But that probably won’t ever happen anyway. Why would any resale broker want to get on Disney’s wrong side by trying to close on an un-ROFRD contract, just to mollify one or two buyers?

It also says that they can via the process in the POS. It says Disney must be given at least 30 days to exercise before it closes, Once that date is passed, then it can legally sell.

The closing date of a contract is key and if that passes, Disney has waived its right.

Now, getting the title company to do it, can be tough, but knowing a buyer will walk away, because they legally can at that point, may force them to do it.

dzd---$107-$11250-100-BRV@WL-Aug-0/19, 109/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 9/4, passed 10/19
Well that is good news, congratulations! I have a very similar contract at BRV in ROFR submitted about 3 weeks after this. Same points with September UY instead of Aug, cheaper price point but I am paying 2020 dues so it is almost a wash on price. If it gets taken on a narrow price difference…that would be a good data point. So hopefully I will be hearing by the second week in November if there is any consistency…not holding my breath on that lol.

dzd---$107-$11250-100-BRV@WL-Aug-0/19, 109/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 9/4, passed 10/19
I think this may be the first "passed" on these boards since 10/1 (at least going by the updated list on page 1 of thread). Congrats!

It also says that they can via the process in the POS. It says Disney must be given at least 30 days to exercise before it closes, Once that date is passed, then it can legally sell.

The closing date of a contract is key and if that passes, Disney has waived its right.

Now, getting the title company to do it, can be tough, but knowing a buyer will walk away, because they legally can at that point, may force them to do it.

Doesn't Disney have to send some estoppel, or some such thingy for it to close?

Doesn't Disney have to send some estoppel, or some such thingy for it to close?

Yes, they do, but the title company can request it even without the waiver if it’s close to the closing date,

The point is that if a buyer can walk...and they can if it doesn’t close on time...the title company has a choice to let them or push the process.

If I was the seller, I would be pushing it too, knowing the sale could fall through.

Again, DVD gets certain rights with ROFR, but so Do sellers and buyers and IMO, title companies should do what is needed to close a sale on time.

Awesome to hear, both for you, and for those of us waiting to see ROFR processing again. I'm about 12 days behind you in the ROFR-"Q"

Again, DVD gets certain rights with ROFR, but so Do sellers and buyers and IMO, title companies should do what is needed to close a sale on time.

Well that seems reasonable, my contract is supposed to close by the end of November. I think they have to change the contract it if it doesn't (because of 2021 dues?). If so, I don't know if I would necessarily sign it unless it was the best available option for me. I mean, I like this contract, but if they have to start the whole process all over again, maybe there's something better out there.

Einstein509---$153-$26296-160-VGF-Oct-0/19, 176/20, 160/21, 160/22- sent 10/10
Hey, I thought these posts were supposed to transfer to here: dvcstats.com
But it's been two days and I don't see it posted. How long does it usually take to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter