ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone....just wanted to see how long it was taking once you were notified you passed to when you got your closing documents...for me, I was notified on October 30th of the pass but did not receive my closing documents until November 20th. That just seems like a really long time to me...am I off base? Not really complaining, just asking....
I passed 11/1. I also just received closing documents earlier this week.

$139-$29,975-200-BLT-APR-0/19, 0/20, 400/21, 200/22-Seller pays MF '20- Buyer pays MF '21, Buyer pays closing cost. sent 11/17, passed 11/26

Woohoo. per our broker the deal went through. So excited to be a first time DVC member and at our favorite location. G-d bless and have a great holiday weekend.

Congrats on your hard to come by small contracts- I try to buy small too. Looks like Disney took their dandy 'ole time w. yours. Enjoy!

Thanks! I am a fan of small contracts because it's easier to do it as a cash payment, and also means I'll get higher value if I have to resell. In the case of VGC, I was especially looking for small contracts just given how expensive it is, and because we live on the East Coast and don't plan to visit often or for more than a long weekend when we do.

Good Morning Everyone....just wanted to see how long it was taking once you were notified you passed to when you got your closing documents...for me, I was notified on October 30th of the pass but did not receive my closing documents until November 20th. That just seems like a really long time to me...am I off base? Not really complaining, just asking....

My VGC closed 10/29, and we just received closing documents on 11/20.

gskywalker---$130-$33465-250-BLT-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 500/21, 250/22- sent 11/24

Yup I keep feeding the beast with my best deal yet, your're welcome Disney. I was shocked, I offered a lowball offer to hopefully meet towards the middle of their $150 ask and they accepted my initial offer. I actually thought about upping the amount so there was a chance it would go through, but I will just hope to get lucky and that the ROFR beast is full of BLT sandwiches.

Hope it works out for you. After all the work you've put in, you deserve a good deal!

Our BLT contract @ $135 was taken also. I had said (on these boards) shortly before I submitted that contract that I couldn't understand why DVD wasn't taking BLT contracts since the average resale price at the time was almost $100 less than their direct price. It appears that my timing was just a little off.

After seeing Disney snatch up almost everything BLT less than $145 recently (the time to buy was summer), we decided to revisit RIV since we actually liked it a bit more than BLT - but had reservations about the resale restrictions. After speaking with a DVC guide, the direct deal was just too hard to pass up:

1) paid $177 a point for RIV ($18 discount)
2) Disney paid my closing costs
3) Disney gave us 2020 points for only two months of maintenance fees
4) UY is automatically UY of master contract - March for us - and we get another allotment of points then
5) Let us charge the entire cost on our Disney Visa spread over 60 days with three charges and 6 months no interest to pay for each. So about 8 months to pay with no interest
6) Now blue card members which we weren't with our other resale contract
7) Had our points in literally 2 hours from time of giving 'thumbs up' to DVC guide
8) Already have a week booked at RIV next June. First time no kids.

Yes, we obviously paid more - but in the end felt it was worth it. Disney was working hard to earn my business.

Good luck.

Hope it works out for you. After all the work you've put in, you deserve a good deal!

Our BLT contract @ $135 was taken also. I had said (on these boards) shortly before I submitted that contract that I couldn't understand why DVD wasn't taking BLT contracts since the average resale price at the time was almost $100 less than their direct price. It appears that my timing was just a little off.

After seeing Disney snatch up almost everything BLT less than $145 recently (the time to buy was summer), we decided to revisit RIV since we actually liked it a bit more than BLT - but had reservations about the resale restrictions. After speaking with a DVC guide, the direct deal was just too hard to pass up:

4) UY is automatically UY of master contract - March for us - and we get another allotment of points then
5) Let us charge the entire cost on our Disney Visa spread over 60 days with three charges and 6 months no interest to pay for each. So about 8 months to pay with no interest
7) Had our points in literally 2 hours from time of giving 'thumbs up' to DVC guide

Yes, we obviously paid more - but in the end felt it was worth it. Disney was working hard to earn my business.

Good luck.
I certainly see the value when you add in all of those factors! We haven't seen Riviera in person yet, but I'm definitely checking it out on our January trip. I am intrigued by the late expiration date and the ability to book at upcoming DVC2 resorts in the future.

I'm not seeing 17 point discount on the members website? Was this done during previous sale, or was this something your guide was able to reduce for you??

I see 6, 10, 18 and 25 $$ reduction depending on points purchased?

I'm not seeing 17 point discount on the members website? Was this done during previous sale, or was this something your guide was able to reduce for you??

I see 6, 10, 18 and 25 $$ reduction depending on points purchased?

The person paid $177...that was $18 off the $195 price.

Here’s Riviera’s current pricing/financing for 10% down. There’s another sheet for the 20% down financing.

CF0D871B-CDFF-4359-A3DE-5380A46A7C4E.png

Good luck.
They just called me to offer me the 2020 points for only Decembers dues as well as paying closing costs for us. It was worth the 65 extra per point to go direct for those reasons alone, they nearly made up for the cost difference. :) We passed ROFR for 200 pts (99 a point) for OKW on 11/12 and have yet to receive estoppel from Disney, or closing documents. I just emailed the direct rep back to add on the direct points. He said they would be available for me to use Tuesday. I love the resale savings but seriously, the mind games and stress that go along with it are not for me. Now I have 325 pts at OKW (if I ever get to close on this dang resale), he matched my use year, and we will have 800 pts to use this coming year with another 325 coming in June. Really hard to turn down the direct deals right now, they did everything to win our business with it!

Question for you, how was fidelity in terms of service? The agent I am dealing with takes over 24 hours to respond to any message I send.
I didn’t deal with Fidelity that much. Took about a day to get in contact with the agent to submit the offer. I left him a voicemail and then called him back the next day. Once the offer was submitted, things went very quickly from there. Offer was accepted same day and we received contract documents the next day. The day after the contract was signed by the sellers it was sent to ROFR. I would say a day turnaround is probably average for Fidelity. Good luck to you!

Just an update as I haven’t been on the site much.
I haven’t had the closing documents yet due to health issue of the people I’m buying from.
Also, my DH and I are currently suffering with Covid, so we are not really pushing much for the documents. We just want to know we will be fit and healthy soon.
Thanksgiving wishes to my US friends, I wish you good health.
Sending you well wishes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter