Room Occupied Madness

I think the person was implying there is that if the room is available before check-in time, that's likely because people have left before 11 am as well. Of course it could've been a room unoccupied as well. That said, they shouldn't be trying to rush people out of the room early, but they probably are under a lot of pressure to turn rooms at a certain rate.

Actually no that wasn’t the context at all , it was after me saying I pay till 11 so I’m staying till then if I choose .. the reply was a very rude “ so I assume you never check in early since you didn’t pay for it “ .

Actually no that wasn’t the context at all , it was after me saying I pay till 11 so I’m staying till then if I choose .. the reply was a very rude “ so I assume you never check in early since you didn’t pay for it “ .

I mean it's still technically the same thing? If check-in is "techincally" 3 pm and one gets access to the room at say 12 pm, that's three hours that one "didn't pay for" based on the check-in/check-out rules. I don't really want to get into an argument but that's probably what they're implying is all. It's splitting hairs to be honest, people are entitled to their room up until 11 am. If they really wanted to, WDW resorts could have a no early check in ever policy but clearly they are happy to grant the room as soon as it's available. I've rarely had such luck in other areas so perhaps people should chill just a bit ya know?

I still can't get over the housekeeper that stood at our door for 45 minutes waiting for us to leave.

We told her that we needed to pack out the room, and put everything in the car. And there she stood. It was well before 11.

I am guessing that she wasn't one of those overworked housekeepers that everyone talks about.

Step 1:
There is no Do Not Disturb sign, and it's more than reasonable to expect any such sign would be ignored.
Step 2:
Seriously?
Step 3:
What not to do is attack anyone simply performing their assigned job duties.

I was joking about actually doing that. It's the thought that counts though, right? The correct way would be to approach management with your concerns.

I still can't get over the housekeeper that stood at our door for 45 minutes waiting for us to leave.

We told her that we needed to pack out the room, and put everything in the car. And there she stood. It was well before 11.

I am guessing that she wasn't one of those overworked housekeepers that everyone talks about.

That is just ridiculous! I asked my boss what he would do if I stood around for 45 minutes glaring at others and doing nothing . He smiled and said " I'd hold the door open for you on the way out!"

Last edited:
Refreshing to see this ... I was badgered on this page because I voiced the same thing ... with a little dig about “ I assume you never check in before 3 pm “ lol what a ridiculous statement haha I mean Disney tells you by text when your room is available to you and at that point it’s your room to use UNTIL 11 am check out day .. makes ZERO difference if you check in early .
We just had our LAST on site stay last week at poly and got our room ready text while driving at 5 am .. so when we arrived at 7:30 we went right to the room and unpacked .
Also a little FYI we had a good stay but always check your luggage... we apparently picked up a few hitchhikers ( roaches , the tiny ones ) YUCK !! we are in a brand new built home of less then a year and wow I hate bugs !!

Please, please make sure your "hitchhikers" aren't bedbugs! I would hate for you to end up with a bedbug infestation in your home! I have read multiple reports of confirmed bedbugs at the Poly. We are staying there next month, and I have a bedbug phobia, big time, so I have been paying attention to that thread.

Please, please make sure your "hitchhikers" aren't bedbugs! I would hate for you to end up with a bedbug infestation in your home! I have read multiple reports of confirmed bedbugs at the Poly. We are staying there next month, and I have a bedbug phobia, big time, so I have been paying attention to that thread.

ABSOLUTELY!! yeh they were definitely roaches .. those small ones that can cause big problems.. YUCK ! They had to come from the resort , new house, super clean and still using pest control ( it’s florida of course haha ) and the suitcases went from house to car to resort and back .. only found a few and killed them and took the suitcases outside .. but just EEEWWW LOL

I mean it's still technically the same thing? If check-in is "techincally" 3 pm and one gets access to the room at say 12 pm, that's three hours that one "didn't pay for" based on the check-in/check-out rules. I don't really want to get into an argument but that's probably what they're implying is all. It's splitting hairs to be honest, people are entitled to their room up until 11 am. If they really wanted to, WDW resorts could have a no early check in ever policy but clearly they are happy to grant the room as soon as it's available. I've rarely had such luck in other areas so perhaps people should chill just a bit ya know?

Oh I agree .. assuming it was just someone wanting to argue over something silly .. I mean of course you get your room till check out time regardless of when THEY give you the room so I was confused at the clear hostility.. it was so hostile apparently both sides of the conversation were removed ( for whatever reason most of my replies and mine were no where near as hostile, all I did was call them out for it )

Oh I agree .. assuming it was just someone wanting to argue over something silly .. I mean of course you get your room till check out time regardless of when THEY give you the room so I was confused at the clear hostility.. it was so hostile apparently both sides of the conversation were removed ( for whatever reason most of my replies and mine were no where near as hostile, all I did was call them out for it )

Of course, it's just petty. There's always someone trying that "gotcha" business.

Yes, I read 2 - 3 posts of early morning room checks, and I believe 1 of housekeeping unhooking the latch. I have not witnessed anything myself, nor have I heard this from anyone I personally know.

All the early morning "checks" I've read about were people complaining about MK looking to see what time they are checking out. Annoying to say the least but not related to the room check policy. And early .... was about 8 am IIRC.

All the early morning "checks" I've read about were people complaining about MK looking to see what time they are checking out. Annoying to say the least but not related to the room check policy. And early .... was about 8 am IIRC.

Maybe instead of Disney asking people at 8 am when they are checking out of a room they have till 11 am they should have a phone system that allows guests to dial housekeeping before they leave the room and confirm buy hitting a certain # that they have checked out ? I know that makes sense therefore probably wouldn’t be considered.

Maybe instead of Disney asking people at 8 am when they are checking out of a room they have till 11 am they should have a phone system that allows guests to dial housekeeping before they leave the room and confirm buy hitting a certain # that they have checked out ? I know that makes sense therefore probably wouldn’t be considered.

If I am not mistaken Universal resorts has a system in place where you check out via your TV. We have never been bothered on check out day at Universal, although to be fair I don't recall being bothered early on check out day at Disney either. I don't know if this is something new, because I've only started seeing mention of it recently. I will not be happy if we are awakened early on our check out day. We plan to close MK the night before and have a 12 hour drive home.

I was joking about actually doing that. It's the thought that counts though, right? The correct way would be to approach management with your concerns.
Sure. Blast Disney management (upper, not resort level) with an airhorn. I'm good with that :,D

If I am not mistaken Universal resorts has a system in place where you check out via your TV. We have never been bothered on check out day at Universal, although to be fair I don't recall being bothered early on check out day at Disney either. I don't know if this is something new, because I've only started seeing mention of it recently. I will not be happy if we are awakened early on our check out day. We plan to close MK the night before and have a 12 hour drive home.

Exactly... we drive also and like to sleep in on check out days . I think with all Disney’s technology they can put a similar system in place , it would stop a lot of intrusive housekeeping issues .

ABSOLUTELY!! yeh they were definitely roaches .. those small ones that can cause big problems.. YUCK ! They had to come from the resort , new house, super clean and still using pest control ( it’s florida of course haha ) and the suitcases went from house to car to resort and back .. only found a few and killed them and took the suitcases outside .. but just EEEWWW LOL
Yikes! I'm so sorry you had to find those! Although it could happen anywhere, do you mind me asking which resort you were at?

Exactly... we drive also and like to sleep in on check out days . I think with all Disney’s technology they can put a similar system in place , it would stop a lot of intrusive housekeeping issues .

Well I used to have a simple way of letting them know when I have left the room and checked out. I kept the DND sign up until I left. I did that throughout the stay. I was in my room or did not want to be bothered, DND was up. Down when I left. But it sounds like with the new room occupied signs, the housekeeping just ignores them and does whatever they want.

Well I used to have a simple way of letting them know when I have left the room and checked out. I kept the DND sign up until I left. I did that throughout the stay. I was in my room or did not want to be bothered, DND was up. Down when I left. But it sounds like with the new room occupied signs, the housekeeping just ignores them and does whatever they want.

Pretty much ...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter