Room Occupied Madness

Well I used to have a simple way of letting them know when I have left the room and checked out. I kept the DND sign up until I left. I did that throughout the stay. I was in my room or did not want to be bothered, DND was up. Down when I left. But it sounds like with the new room occupied signs, the housekeeping just ignores them and does whatever they want.

They don't ignore the signs. The signs state on them something about how the sign does not mean they won't knock.

In fairness, I'd say housekeeping does whatever they're required to as part of their respective jobs.

Knocking repeatedly on the door before check out time(which is what we were talking about) is not part of their job. Especially after being told by the person that they would be out by checkout. I have no issue with them doing their job. But if you knock and I tell you what time I will be out, and you keep knocking, I would get angry.

They don't ignore the signs. The signs state on them something about how the sign does not mean they won't knock.

They are ignoring it on check out day if you have the sign up that you are still in there and they keep knocking to remind you to leave before check out time has come.

They are ignoring it on check out day if you have the sign up that you are still in there and they keep knocking to remind you to leave before check out time has come.

They are not knocking to remind you to leave. They want to know if the room is empty or when it will be empty.

I agree a better system is necessary. Perhaps by not starting to turnover the rooms until 11 but then people will complain their vacation didn't start with pixie dust and an early checkin!

They are not knocking to remind you to leave. They want to know if the room is empty or when it will be empty.

I agree a better system is necessary. Perhaps by not starting to turnover the rooms until 11 but then people will complain their vacation didn't start with pixie dust and an early checkin!

Yes, that is what I said. But in the instance we are talking about, they knocked more then once after being told what time the person would be out.

Well they didn't knock to remind us to leave. She was literally waiting for us to leave. She was standing there staring at us every time we made a trip to the car. We told her it would take an hour. All the while, she was doing nothing else. Oh, those poor overworked housekeepers.

Last edited:
Well they didn't knock to remind us to leave. She was literally waiting for us to leave. She was standing there staring at us every time we made a trip to the car. We told her it would take an hour. All the while, she was do nothing else. Oh, those poor overworked housekeepers.

Yes, and I apologized for missing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter