RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're doing a last minute trip starting this Friday and I just saw the hours are not showing for DHS right now....maybe they will extend or add early morning times for resort guests..:)
never mind it updated and stayed the same as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Finally was allowed to live stream the entire experience. And i didn't queue up until the pre show and the entire attraction was an hour. So once it opens im going to say at least 3 hours queue.
I liked how there are "built in" benches in the queue.

Finally was allowed to live stream the entire experience. And i didn't queue up until the pre show and the entire attraction was an hour. So once it opens im going to say at least 3 hours queue.

So, is the total time from when you enter the rides pre-show introduction to the time you are out finished the ride each one hour of real time? That seems incredibly long for any ride. Spending an hour plus wait in line time and your talking too much of the day. Could this make HS more of a two day park from now on? Does the ride have a big or smaller capacity compared to other E Ticket rides?

So, is the total time from when you enter the rides pre-show introduction to the time you are out finished the ride each one hour of real time? That seems incredibly long for any ride. Spending an hour plus wait in line time and your talking too much of the day. Could this make HS more of a two day park from now on? Does the ride have a big or smaller capacity compared to other E Ticket rides?
Yes, so i walked up to the pre show because there was no external queue. From there to finish it was an hour because there was about a 30 min wait in between the two ride vehicles. I did the ride 5 times and the wait time in that section was pretty much the same each time

Also, if they ever implement fp i believe it'll only cut the outdoor queue portion, as the fp line spills into the pre show room with Rey and bb8

Hi! DH and I will be there tomorrow morning with the rest of y’all 😉 planning on arriving around 4:30-5am. To clarify, it seems like walking from the Boardwalk is the best bet instead of going the parking lot? We’ll be coming via Lyft/Uber.

Yes, so i walked up to the pre show because there was no external queue. From there to finish it was an hour because there was about a 30 min wait in between the two ride vehicles. I did the ride 5 times and the wait time in that section was pretty much the same each time

So it's kind of like a wait, then a ride, then a wait, then a ride.

Just checking in from Epcot so if I missed an update I apologize. Are we still expecting the rest of the park to open at a more normal 8am tomorrow?

Whoa, that’s quite high and disappointing TBH. I’m anticipating my twins not quite hitting 40 inches by March (they’re so close though!) and assuming rider swap exists the 2nd half of our party still taking an hour to get through after the initial group waited and rode kind of sucks. Could that be chalked up to opening day issues slowing it down or did you get the impression that additional wait is how it’s supposed to function? (by the way, thank you for all the info you’ve shared!)

just to clarify, the wait between the two ride vehicles you’re referring to are the transport to the stormtrooper room, and the trackless vehicle?

I hope people will provide info about motion sickness and how bad the surprise drop is. I really want my wife to join. Star tours is the most jarring thing she does.

So it took 5 hours to ride it 5 times with no “wait”? Is this like Hagrids where they just have the preshow ridiculously early or is there actually stuff going on for an entire hour?

Hi! DH and I will be there tomorrow morning with the rest of y’all 😉 planning on arriving around 4:30-5am. To clarify, it seems like walking from the Boardwalk is the best bet instead of going the parking lot? We’ll be coming via Lyft/Uber.
That's what everyone has said so far. Not excited about that walk at 4AM but better than being turned away at the parking lot!

Also, if they ever implement fp i believe it'll only cut the outdoor queue portion, as the fp line spills into the pre show room with Rey and bb8

This brings up concern for me for using DAS. Quesiton below.

Someone on Twitter was mentioning the transfer point for wheelchairs was the interogation room. How far into the ride are we talking this happening? I'm not a chair user but I use a rollator and we follow a lot of the same guidelines Disney uses for wheelchairs in my experience. I'm just wondering how hard this ride is going to be on me. Or if on a bad day I will even be able to ride.

Also since I have a strong suspicion that I might be forced to move to a transfer chair what happens then? Are solo disabled attendees going to get screwed because we can't push a manual chair?

Last edited:
man, I'm gonna have to attempt to go tomorrow afternoon/evening, no matter the wait time. Don't think I can wait til Monday (my next day off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter