• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, i didn't, i had done the attraction already during cm previews, but wait time said 6 hours but quickly went down to 3 about 2 hours after the park being opened

OK so I know this is a completely different situation with just one attraction opening up. But given what you’ve said above I’m starting to waffle on the “getting there early” idea. If wait times were higher when people first arrived (6 hrs) than a few hours later (3 hrs) it might be worth just waiting until until the park official opening time on Friday (9am?) to go in… am I crazy? I know I’m starting to overthink this so may just let it go and see what happens on Thursday before deciding. 😎

Just talking from personal experience. Being a SW fan and a Disney fan, there's nothing like opening day excitement that can only be experienced in the morning. Now if you don't much care for that then I would go later or another day if possible

I did go GE opening day (got there around 11am), and glad I did, even though I didn't ride the falcon. Almost did Hagrids opening day, glad I didn't do that lol.

It'll come down to my work schedule honestly. If I'm off, I'll probably do it, got nothing else to do LOL.

OK so I know this is a completely different situation with just one attraction opening up. But given what you’ve said above I’m starting to waffle on the “getting there early” idea. If wait times were higher when people first arrived (6 hrs) than a few hours later (3 hrs) it might be worth just waiting until until the park official opening time on Friday (9am?) to go in… am I crazy? I know I’m starting to overthink this so may just let it go and see what happens on Thursday before deciding. 😎
No, the 6 hours wait was an estimate. Disney knows aprox wait times for attraction depending on where the line ends. For MFSR for example if the line starts at the entrance to the attraction and the extended queue is in use they aprox wait time to be 2 hours from that point.
On Aug 29th the line snaked all the way to the entrance of the land, there was now way to estimate at that point so they posted 6 hours. Once people started getting through a couple of hours later they had a better estimate.
If your priority is to ride RotR I still recommend going first thing
If you are coming after Dec 5th then you will have actual data to work with

I did go GE opening day (got there around 11am), and glad I did, even though I didn't ride the falcon. Almost did Hagrids opening day, glad I didn't do that lol.

It'll come down to my work schedule honestly. If I'm off, I'll probably do it, got nothing else to do LOL.
Might as well if you can come :)
I did Hagrid's and although final wait time was 5 hours it was so worth it. Warwick Davis was walking the queue talking and meeting people, and again, the excitement of it all

Is the 5am time for people who want to get into GE right away? We had already planned on this as our DHS prior to the ROTR opening announcement and so are trying to make the best of it. We will be focusing on the rest of the park first (planning on Toy Story and Sunset stuff first as we have 2 7-year-olds who we will need to rider swap the bigger rides with) and shows. I have late afternoon reservations for both droid builds and Oga’s and are not expecting to ride either of the GE rides this trip (but won’t turn them down if it would work out in the evening). What time is recommended ? I was thinking 6:30 but maybe that’s too late with a possible 7am early open?

Is the 5am time for people who want to get into GE right away? We had already planned on this as our DHS prior to the ROTR opening announcement and so are trying to make the best of it. We will be focusing on the rest of the park first (planning on Toy Story and Sunset stuff first as we have 2 7-year-olds who we will need to rider swap the bigger rides with) and shows. I have late afternoon reservations for both droid builds and Oga’s and are not expecting to ride either of the GE rides this trip (but won’t turn them down if it would work out in the evening). What time is recommended ? I was thinking 6:30 but maybe that’s too late with a possible 7am early open?
correct. The 5am is for those that want to ride RotR as soon as the park opens. I expect the rest of the park attractions to open on schedule at 8am on Dec 5th

This one is really being kept under wraps. Not even cm previews, though my CM parents have heard that some CMs from SWGE have gotten to ride it.

My DD works this afternoon, goes in at 4, so she'll ask her co workers. She's always scheduled for the evenings so her schedule for the 5th has her going in 4pm to midnight

Sounds like they're thinking about extending hours that night.

Thank you for all the intel!

This one is really being kept under wraps. Not even cm previews, though my CM parents have heard that some CMs from SWGE have gotten to ride it.

Sounds like they're thinking about extending hours that night.

Thank you for all the intel!
With the park closing at 10pm its the regular closing time they have had since opening. 2 hours to clear people in line, close down the attraction and clear the land

With the park closing at 10pm its the regular closing time they have had since opening. 2 hours to clear people in line, close down the attraction and clear the land

Wow, that's a long time! I had asked my parents what they thought, but they work at MK. My dad works in attractions and his rides only take about 30 minutes to shut down. Nobody is jumping in line right before close in hopes of riding them lol, nor are people trying to get the perfect light saber shot in the land at the end of the night.

Was today the day that the CM were supposed to get their schedules for after ROTR opens? I know hours already changed for the 5th, but how about HS hours on Dec 6th/7th, I mean I'm really interested about Dec 18, 20, but I was wondering if CM schedules showed any additional hours.

Was today the day that the CM were supposed to get their schedules for after ROTR opens? I know hours already changed for the 5th, but how about HS hours on Dec 6th/7th, I mean I'm really interested about Dec 18, 20, but I was wondering if CM schedules showed any additional hours.
No additional hours but what's been posted. Opening cm get in at 5am

I was thinking of jumping in line at park close. How often are the queues for newer rides closed early to allow for the 2 hour clearing time?

I was thinking of jumping in line at park close. How often are the queues for newer rides closed early to allow for the 2 hour clearing time?
MFSR has not closed earlier than closing time. The closing cm are scheduled to leave hours after official park closing to allow those in line to ride and exit. Pandora closed several nights earlier because their line was 4 and 5 hours long

If I had a choice between those three days I would prob guess that Friday would be the best bet (not opening day, not weekend where locals might be more of an issue) but who knows, it might be messy all three days no matter what. Good luck!

I agree, with Friday, but I would get in line for ROTR shortly before closing time. That`s your best bet for a reasonable wait (possibly less than an hour!).

On Saturday, I would park hop from another park in late evening to do it again (assuming you loved the ride that much -- which you probably will).

We are trying to get more info from RotR CM but they have been basically sworn to secrecy, as in some have actually lost their jobs,
Wow
Lol, i didn't, i had done the attraction already during cm previews, but wait time said 6 hours but quickly went down to 3 about 2 hours after the park being opened
wondering if i should just cancel our Olga ADR for 10:30 am on 12/5. Worried we might still be line even if we are there early. What to do, what to do lol

Wow

wondering if i should just cancel our Olga ADR for 10:30 am on 12/5. Worried we might still be line even if we are there early. What to do, what to do lol
We are in the same boat. We have a 10:25am at Oga's on 12/5, in addition to a 8:25am FP for RR. We're not gonna go super early...like 6am or anything. We'll stop at CL and get something to eat/drink and walk over from the YC, maybe around 7:30am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter