• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Starbucks on Hollywood blvd is also opening at 7:30am
Answering the important questions haha, thank you! I was going to bring a thermos but this solidifies it.

Trying to decide if I actually wanna attempt this opening day
Same here . Have Oga’s around 5, but might just go in later at night. Decisions, decisions. 🤔
I decided to just go for it. I scooched my flight back from 8:40am to 2:20pm and I'll just see what happens. If I don't get on the ride, at least I tried. If anyone wants to meet me at 5am lmk! Line buddies might make the time go faster.

There is some chatter going around twitter right now saying AP special events for ROTR will happen in Jan and Feb.

Dont know if its true though.

Ok not a lot to be gathered. MFSR CM are scheduled to go in at 5am. the attraction takes 2 to 2.5 hours to turn on so that puts them ready for guests by 7am-7:30am. The Starbucks on Hollywood blvd is also opening at 7:30am, leading me to believe that they will walk people inside by 7am. We are trying to get more info from RotR CM but they have been basically sworn to secrecy, as in some have actually lost their jobs, so we will see if anyone is sharing their schedule times. I think being there by 6am at the latest is still the best plan

Thank you v much for this info! We will be leaving YC about 3 to walk over and start queuing.

We will be at HS Monday 12/7, do they allow folks to enter the park before 9am which is the current time they are scheduled to open?

We will be at HS Monday 12/7, do they allow folks to enter the park before 9am which is the current time they are scheduled to open?
Most likely at least they will open the park up to Hollywood Blvd , after walking everyone towards SWGE entrance and TSL entrance

Thank you v much for this info! We will be leaving YC about 3 to walk over and start queuing.
Just keep this report in mind! DHS is scheduled to open at 8am so it would royally suck to try to walk over & be held for 2-3 hours. There's no telling if they'll do this again, but I wouldn't discount the possibility.
Those people must not know what happened Aug 29th. I was there along with thousands of my closest friends :D
Long story:
we thought the parking lot would be open all night like in the good old days of star wars weekends, alas, we arrive around midnight and it's closed and theey tell us it won't open until 3:30am, Disney security and OC sheriff there to keep people from waiting. Some started circling around while some decided to uber/park at one of the epcot resorts. They were held, along with everyone at the walkway preventing them from walking into DHS until the parking lot opened and then we all got in at the same time. The park was scheduled to open at 6am. They walked us into Hollywood blvd at 4am, walked us into SWGE with everything opened inside the land at 4:30am
Now, again, we don't know how they will handle RotR opening, we don't know if the parking lot will close for the night and we don't know if they will allow people to walk over from Epcot resorts whenever they want.

With the park closing at 10pm its the regular closing time they have had since opening. 2 hours to clear people in line, close down the attraction and clear the land
Do you think the park hours will be extended to 10pm for the first 2 weeks of December?

There is some chatter going around twitter right now saying AP special events for ROTR will happen in Jan and Feb.

Dont know if its true though.
I wouldn't get your hopes up unless it doesn't get the praise they think. I don't think this ride will need events if all goes to plan.

I wouldn't get your hopes up unless it doesn't get the praise they think. I don't think this ride will need events if all goes to plan.

Maybe DVC and AP SWGE events like moonlight magic or something like that?

I mean eventually they will have something. Maybe by summer time.

Maybe DVC and AP SWGE events like moonlight magic or something like that?

I mean eventually they will have something. Maybe by summer time.
They won't do it if they don't have too. AP events are for drawing attendance not to just give a perk for the sake of doing so.

They won't do it if they don't have too. AP events are for drawing attendance not to just give a perk for the sake of doing so.

Yeah I just saw they are waiting as long as possible for Hollywood Studios MOONLIGHT MAGIC.

2 dates in Sept 2020 and 1 date October 2020

Letting the land speak for itself for a while.

Does anyone know if they have rider swap for families with children on the opening weekend for the ride?

Announced for when RotR opens? I haven't heard anything yet but I know I'm very likely to miss something.
Do they just have normal hours or extra extra hours like they did when Falcon opened? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter