RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited to share will all of you that I've been invited to the media event.
It's a 3 day event starting on the 3rd that will include a look at festival of the arts, epcot's re imagining and rotr.
We will have access to rotr information but any and all stories are embargoed until dec 4th at 5am.

Could you please post a link here to the RotR article when it’s available, so that we don’t miss it in the flood of info coming out that day? Thanks!

Could you please post a link here to the RotR article when it’s available, so that we don’t miss it in the flood of info coming out that day? Thanks!
I can't post a link from our website/page because of Dis Guidelines. But you can see the page I work for in my signature. Also we will all have the same info, so honestly any Disney media outlet will be good. I will be live streaming the media event though, again link in the signature.
I am very excited, our little page has worked really hard for 3 years now to get to this point

It's a 3 day event starting on the 3rd that will include a look at festival of the arts, epcot's re imagining and rotr.
We will have access to rotr information but any and all stories are embargoed until dec 4th at 5am.
Awesome, congrats! For the dedication ceremony at 7pm on the 4th, can anyone go to that?
Edit: Never mind, they're closing the land at 4pm that day. https://blogmickey.com/2019/11/star...r-4th-for-rise-of-the-resistance-media-event/

Follow up question after answering myself. What are the odds, if you're in DHS/in the parking lot/near SWGE at the time of the media event/ceremony that you'd be able to see these? Because I WANT TO SEE THEM. https://blogmickey.com/2019/11/disney-will-fly-x-wing-drones-over-star-wars-galaxys-edge/
Probably not from the parking lot, maybe from Grand Avenue but im not sure
If they still fly. There are some rumors they have been scratched.

I am so annoyed that it opens the day after our arrival. Going to be there on the 6th and Trying to figure out getting in to see it is a nightmare. And I was so looking forward to going back to Batuu and enjoying the land. It's going to be a zoo and I'm already feeling an HOURS long wait to get on RotR...and probably having to arrive at DHS at 6am or earlier.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

By the way, once you got into the land at 4:30 AM, how long did you wait in line to get on the headliner attraction?
We were there on Aug 29 for the opening of the land. We walked from Yacht Club at around 3am. MB scanned into the park at 0407, waiting, waiting, at 0430 the line started moving and we were at the tunnel approaching the land at 0448. We were through the tunnel a minute later and at the front of the line (where the sign is located telling you what the wait time is) at 0518. We were in the Hondo room at 0609, got our "jobs" for the ride at 0613 and were off the ride at 0624. So, roughly 2 hours from scanning into the park to being off the ride. We were by no means at the front of the line that morning!
This is very exciting and I will be glued to my computer!

We were there on Aug 29 for the opening of the land. We walked from Yacht Club at around 3am. MB scanned into the park at 0407, waiting, waiting, at 0430 the line started moving and we were at the tunnel approaching the land at 0448. We were through the tunnel a minute later and at the front of the line (where the sign is located telling you what the wait time is) at 0518. We were in the Hondo room at 0609, got our "jobs" for the ride at 0613 and were off the ride at 0624. So, roughly 2 hours from scanning into the park to being off the ride. We were by no means at the front of the line that morning!
Honestly this is super encouraging! I never want to be a debbie downer and since this is just the opening of a ride & not the land (and I'll be there) I figured, why the heck not try? I think the thing I'm most worried about is showing up at 5am to a closed parking lot. I have no problem waiting in a long line, I just want to make sure I can get *in* the line. :rainbow:

My plan is to visit DHS on Sunday, December 8th. There are EMHs on this day starting at 8am. I've just read that ROTR will not operate during EMHs.
Will I still be able to get in line at 8am?
I was planning to get to the park around 6am but perhaps that is excessive if the attraction will not open until 9am?

My plan is to visit DHS on Sunday, December 8th. There are EMHs on this day starting at 8am. I've just read that ROTR will not operate during EMHs.
I was planning to get to the park around 6am but perhaps that is excessive if the attraction will not open until 9am?
Yes, you'll be able to get in line. Make sure to follow for the days before your visit and that way you'll have an idea of crowds and if it's excessive or not

Yes, you'll be able to get in line. Make sure to follow for the days before your visit and that way you'll have an idea of crowds and if it's excessive or not

Thanks! I will certainly be checking this thread for the latest information (hoping it's spoiler free!)

The 1 day a week DHS has EMHs I would imagine it's going to be used just for that. Resort guests lining up at 8am just to ride ROTR.

The 1 day a week DHS has EMHs I would imagine it's going to be used just for that. Resort guests lining up at 8am just to ride ROTR.

My 60 day FP for our February trip is Dec 1. I have no clue what to do. Any indications how long this “not open during EMH” will last?

We are planning two HS days. Part of me still wants to go on the EMH day — seems the other rides won’t have lines during the extra hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter