RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was clear that Disney were not going to allow BG sign ups exclusively to EMH guests today. If your intention is to get an early ride on RoTR then the only viable option at the moment is to arrive early on a non-EMH day.

Thoughts while riding SDD. EMH day is a terrible idea for ROTR. Would have probably been safer getting up early tomorrow and being first in line, into the park, and in the VQ.

I may just have to repeat the process tomorrow.

Due to the crowds?

Every time I do a EMH, I'm reminded just how good Disney is at marketing EMHs.

Due to the crowds?

Every time I do a EMH, I'm reminded just how good Disney is at marketing EMHs.
I actually don’t think the crowds are too bad right now. Wait times are rough, but I already did SDD and TSM. Going to AS2 next and will try to get RNR and ToT in, but not at the expense of a boarding position.

I more meant if Disney just drops the VQ and a ton are trying to hit it at once because we’re all already in the park, vs a slow gradual trickle like a normal day, the normal day may be safer. With that said, if I get a VQ spot and it’s a later number, I will probably leave right after EMH. 🤣

Thoughts while riding SDD. EMH day is a terrible idea for ROTR. Would have probably been safer getting up early tomorrow and being first in line, into the park, and in the VQ.

I may just have to repeat the process tomorrow.
I actually don’t think the crowds are too bad right now. Wait times are rough, but I already did SDD and TSM. Going to AS2 next and will try to get RNR and ToT in, but not at the expense of a boarding position.

I more meant if Disney just drops the VQ and a ton are trying to hit it at once because we’re all already in the park, vs a slow gradual trickle like a normal day, the normal day may be safer. With that said, if I get a VQ spot and it’s a later number, I will probably leave right after EMH. 🤣

went to ToT and got on quick and RnR is 15 but really walked on. No preshow stoppage. Heading towards the other areas now. For me I am happy to get on rides and if I get a Boarding group today then I will be happy and even happier if I don’t get called and get free stuff lol. Maybe I can collect 5 days worth of hoppers and come back next year.

Yep, I am here too! Can't help myself! You know, research for our January trip. (Or maybe it just makes me feel like I am there!)
I'm a teacher and grading final papers - so keeping up with this thread is my mental "break" between them. We're going the first week of January, so I'm interested in seeing how this all plays out!

went to ToT and got on quick and RnR is 15 but really walked on. No preshow stoppage. Heading towards the other areas now. For me I am happy to get on rides and if I get a Boarding group today then I will be happy and even happier if I don’t get called and get free stuff lol. Maybe I can collect 5 days worth of hoppers and come back next year.
I would gladly take a free ticket and FP+ for tomorrow as well lol

Are non-EMH guests still not being allowed inside the park? If so, I’d guess not many of them will be getting on today — especially if the VQ opens at 7:45.

Day 3 experience. This was before they announced the official opening. Staying at French Quarter. Walked out of room at 6 am. Ordered uber on way to lobby. As soon as we walked outside lobby, saw bus for MK and for DHS...this was before 6:15 so the buses were running even though official opening was not until 9 for DHS. Uber drop off is easy at DHS, they drop you right at the front. We were through security by 6:30... In line a little past the ticket windows. Once they opened and we got through we got a boarding group of 41. Lines were not walk on but reasonable. 20 min for SDD and 30 min for SR. Group 41 called at 12:45. We were in the land and in line by 12:50. Off the ride by 1:45pm. Loved the virtual queue. The ability to go do other things is awesome. Also, a member of the resistance was asking if anyone needed the refresher...a little girl behind us piped up and said she did...the mom went with and the dad said she has requested to go before the ride so that made her happy. They met back up later in line and said the refresher was cool...lol so if anyone has a little one who may not be able to wait...bathrooms aka the refresher is available to those in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter