Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

I try not to speak ill of others, but when people are gossiping I just conveniently sidle up on the edges and listen in. Same for facebook complain threads. I won't complain but I'll spend an hour reading the comments!

This made me LOL.

Big week of running ahead for you- go girl! And also...it sounds like you have a great reason for a new pair of shoes. :)

Disneyland finally got their medal reveal yesterday, so Wine & Dine should be coming up eventually. Hopefully soonish!

Good luck with all your runs this week (and don't forget the body glide!)

Disneyland finally got their medal reveal yesterday, so Wine & Dine should be coming up eventually. Hopefully soonish!

Good luck with all your runs this week (and don't forget the body glide!)

I feel like I need to hand stitch a picture that says "don't forget the bodyglide" and hang it in my bathroom. Make it look really classy though!

I don't have anything new to add regarding running today. But I did buy these yesterday and even though my kiddo turned her nose up at them this morning (she had laser focus on wanting a bag of mini muffins) I happily ate them for her.
waffle.jpg

OMG as I'm typing this Sparkle Athletic throws out an email saying Christmas in July sale, buy one get one 50% OMG THIS IS NOT A DRILL
HOW SHOULD I KNOW WHAT COLOR SPARKLE SKIRTS TO GET IF I DON'T HAVE MY MEDALS REVEALED!!!
I may just have to get a red skirt and a pink visor and call it a day.

I feel like I need to hand stitch a picture that says "don't forget the bodyglide" and hang it in my bathroom. Make it look really classy though!

I don't have anything new to add regarding running today. But I did buy these yesterday and even though my kiddo turned her nose up at them this morning (she had laser focus on wanting a bag of mini muffins) I happily ate them for her.
View attachment 256001

OMG as I'm typing this Sparkle Athletic throws out an email saying Christmas in July sale, buy one get one 50% OMG THIS IS NOT A DRILL
HOW SHOULD I KNOW WHAT COLOR SPARKLE SKIRTS TO GET IF I DON'T HAVE MY MEDALS REVEALED!!!
I may just have to get a red skirt and a pink visor and call it a day.

Those mickey waffles are cute! I think I neeeed a Mickey waffle maker for Christmas.

Was there a coupon code? I don't get their emails and couldn't find anything on the site, but I need a couple of skirts for Dopey!!!

No code. Looks like you have to put two skirts in your cart and they automatically take 50% off the cheaper one. Or same thing for two visors. Unfortunately can't do one skirt, one visor. I got the reflective black skirt and the red bandana. I can make one work for fall 5k and the other for my fall half I think :)

Forgot to add, it's only for today.

Last edited:
Cute! I went for visors (Purple and yellow). :)

That's very Rapunzel of you.
Is it bad that I'm already mentally running through your InB wardrobe to look for matching possibilities? How do you like head sweat visors? I always worry about things around my head making me sweat more which may be a dumb thing to worry about.

I had such a hard time deciding, but I finally ended up ordering the green mermaid and the royal blue. I have the perfect shoes for an Ariel outfit and I figure with the royal blue I can do either Captain America or Dory theme.

:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

Ooooh I love the royal blue!! It shows up really well in pictures and it's dark enough that black shorts don't really show through the same way lighter color skirts do.
I was thiiiiiis close to getting a mermaid and/or donut one too but I couldn't justify getting 4 skirts on one day and didn't have specific races for them, so I "Let it Go".

Oh and how about Captain Dory? Is that a thing?

Oh, and thanks for the tip!!!

Well at least you are thanking me and not blaming me for being an enabler :)

Ok so question for coach and all my assistant coaches (paging @DopeyBadger )
I wasn't able to run last night because my husband had a later night dinner. I mean I could have but it would mean like an 11pm bedtime or later and I just couldn't do that.
Soooo...is it ok to run my easy tuesday miles today and my normal thursday workout tomorrow? I do essentially the same thing on Sat & Sun all the time with an easy followed by a harder. Would you change anything if I was to go back to back during the week this week?
I didn't want to skip too much now that we are getting into the meat and potatos of the half training plan. mmmmm potatos....sorry side-tracked.

Just so you don't have to look it up.
EA 5 miles = 1:00:16
2mi WU, 4mi Tempo, 1mi CD = 38:27 easy, 38:36 hard
Fri off
6 mi EB + strides = 1:07:34
8mi LR = 1:26:54
total 4:51:47 with 87% easy, 13% hard

That's very Rapunzel of you.
Is it bad that I'm already mentally running through your InB wardrobe to look for matching possibilities? How do you like head sweat visors? I always worry about things around my head making me sweat more which may be a dumb thing to worry about.
That sounds like something I would do, so I'm going to say no. :teeth:

I do like them - sometimes they feel a little tight (they are not adjustable) but for the mostpart I think they are comfortable and stay in place well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter