Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

I've got a time in mind! :D :car:

Am I allowed to use a car like that emoji?

Also ... she probably wanted the Tink shirt to match your Tink wristlet (yes, I saw that there!)

Good eye! It's my go to for when I can't be bothered to wear a purse.

Definitely understand. I tend to worry about a lot of things, so I am not surprised that I get nervous about races (specifically if time goals are involved). I'm going to keep repeating DB's advice above, which btw, I copied and pasted for safekeeping :D: "Just trust the training and enjoy your victory lap. If you do the best you can that day, then that's all you can ever ask of yourself."

Yeah, you can't really do more than you can physically do on any particular day, right? So I'll just try to keep myself from mentally sabotaging myself pre-race and mid-race. If I can beat my mind then it gives me at least the best chance at letting my body do what it is capable of. Hopefully!

When does the sweepstake start? I have a time in mind for for you too:tiptoe:
Ack, I'm not sure I will be doing an "everybody guess" because that may be too much pressure for me. Especially if the times seem real fast. It is cool to see when people believe you can do awesome things, but I may crumble under the weight of too many expectations! But I will let you write one down and tell me after the fact :) :tiptoe:

Treadmill musings: I downloaded the new comcast app (that's our cable provider round these parts) so I could catch up on Bachelor in Paradise on the gym treadmill during my easy miles last night. And I kinda got a little sea-sick trying to watch the phone down on the ledge. So I started backing up a bit more than usual on the treadmill (I often run with my belly almost hitting the front bar) so that I didn't have to look as far down to see the screen. But then the up and down motion of me running made it feel like I couldn't focus my eyes well on the little iphone screen. So I think watching big tvs is the better bet for treadmill running than my phone screen.
Also there was a moment that two of the contestants (is that even the right word...the participants??? Whey does every option sound icky?) Well two of the paradisers were getting friendly with each other and I all of sudden got real self conscious that someone would walk past my treadmill and be like "What is that woman watching at the gym?" and I panicked and hit fast forward. So I'll never know if those two crazy kids really found love in paradise that night. Oh well :confused3

Treadmill musings: I downloaded the new comcast app (that's our cable provider round these parts) so I could catch up on Bachelor in Paradise on the gym treadmill during my easy miles last night. And I kinda got a little sea-sick trying to watch the phone down on the ledge. So I started backing up a bit more than usual on the treadmill (I often run with my belly almost hitting the front bar) so that I didn't have to look as far down to see the screen. But then the up and down motion of me running made it feel like I couldn't focus my eyes well on the little iphone screen. So I think watching big tvs is the better bet for treadmill running than my phone screen.
Also there was a moment that two of the contestants (is that even the right word...the participants??? Whey does every option sound icky?) Well two of the paradisers were getting friendly with each other and I all of sudden got real self conscious that someone would walk past my treadmill and be like "What is that woman watching at the gym?" and I panicked and hit fast forward. So I'll never know if those two crazy kids really found love in paradise that night. Oh well :confused3
haha I watched an episode of Outlander at the gym one time and felt VERY self conscious. If you've seen that show, you know why (so steamy!).
I get motion sickness trying to watch a little screen on the treadmill too- I wish I didn't!

I binge watched a bunch of True Blood episodes while on a long flight recently, and I felt like I had to bury the phone every time a flight attendant walked by our row! HBO doesn't leave much to the imagination sometimes, but phew, that Eric Northman...:lovestruc

And apparently eat cheddar cheese soup with pretzel bread at every meal, right? Or is that just only at Epcot?
Ya, so not even joking...I just saw this sign on someone's wall here in my office.
s-l225.jpg

@SarahDisney please accept my apologies (and yes, I do see the irony since us Canadians LOVE to apologize)

Ya, so not even joking...I just saw this sign on someone's wall here in my office.
s-l225.jpg

@SarahDisney please accept my apologies (and yes, I do see the irony since us Canadians LOVE to apologize)

People stereotype us in Chicago all the time, too. Think we are like the SNL "superfans" skit with our mustaches and our beer drinking and that's just so not true. I mean look at my husband and I...can't really tell where we are from.
998488_10101648964409121_9175978497565346819_n.jpg

Also Jonathan Toews is like the mayor of Chicago and he's from Winnipeg, so we're practically Canadian anyways. Eh?

Wait, are we in NY or DC? For DC: STAND TO THE RIGHT, PEOPLE! I need to get by in my ill-fitting suit and sneakers on my way to my very important job because I'm clearly very important.
Both apparently. That description is also 100% accurate for Manhattan. Of course, even if I don't have someplace like work to be I expect people to keep up the pace.

Wait, are we in NY or DC? For DC: STAND TO THE RIGHT, PEOPLE! I need to get by in my ill-fitting suit and sneakers on my way to my very important job because I'm clearly very important.

Chicago in the summer when a tourist comes by..."hey man let me take your picture, where are you from, no you gotta go to this place, let me tell you a story about my uncle patty, a round of beers for my new friend, nah I don't have anywhere to be...union lunch is like tree hours, so where are we headed next?"

Chicago during the other seasons..."I can barely see out my 50 layers of clothes to tell if there are any other humans that exist outside my coat and scarf"

So the crazy scheduling of hubby & I got a bit out of whack this week. But I CAN FIX IT!
So last night hubby had to run and so I am going to be shifting things a tad. If this seems crazy please holler, but I think it'll work.

Tonight do the Thursday workout (it's a hard one and long)
I honestly wasn't real ready for it last night anyways. Wasn't very hydrated and would have had to start it way late at night.
But tonight hubby is picking up kiddo and I should be able to just run as soon as I get home and finish before dinner (of which I will not be cooking because I cooked three dinners in a row already this week!)

So then Sat planned easy run. I'll just do it later in the day and run it to what easy feels like even if it ends up being a tad slower (we'll see how tonight gets to me fatigue wise)

Since I don't plan on pulling a dopey anytime soon at home. I will rest on Sunday. And then attack my 11 mile LR on Monday.
Then back to easy A on tues.

Is this insane. Will I be ok? Should I instead skip Sat and run my LR on Sunday and then back to normal?

Thanks all :)

Probably @DopeyBadger will chime in shortly, but I can tell you that when DH got behind on his runs, the advice he was given was to skip the hardest run. So with that in mind, would potentially skip today/yesterday's run and then carry on as normal.

You could also potentially convert today/yesterday into a shorter EA/EB to get the miles in, then carry on as normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter