• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rude Arrogent #%$

Status
Not open for further replies.

pugdog

DIS Veteran
I was just at DQ getting dinner when someone pulls into the handicapped spot. No plates or visable placard. When she walks in the girl behind the counter tells her she parked in a handicapped spot.
Her responce back was "I have a sticker".
I then asked her why she didn't put it up.
"Because she( the girl in DQ) looked at me funny when I parked."
I then informed her that the law says she has to display it.
" I don't have to do anything, I already told you that I have one and that's good enough."
We went round and round for a while and finally my food was ready and I left. I wish I would have had my cell phone with, I would have at least made it look like I was calling to get the police there. Who knows what she would have done then.
Have any of you others ever had someone so arrogent and rude like that before?

That's sort of like when you see people on the motorized scooters at Disney zoom to the front of the ride line and then get up out of the seat and walk right on to the ride- probably get around better than any of us.

I'm going to be one of those people who are using an ECV and getting out to get on the ride. I will still be on chemo for my trip in December. I've rented an ECV for my lack of stamina.

As far as the handicap parking goes, hopefully she got a ticket.

I've seen people print their own private citizen tickets that tell the rude person who chose to park in a handicapped zone with no obvious sticker or handicapp that there are persons who really need those spots and "cite" them with their own style of ticket...some are quite creative and will make the rude persons think again before doing it hopefully :thumbsup2 :cheer2: :banana:

as a girl in highschool I witnessed a guy park in the only remaining handicap spot in the supermarket- and someone came up who needed the spot and he just looked at them and shrugged and went about his business

I walked past his car and noticed that his windows were down and keys still in ignition- I scrawled a quick note about being more conscientious about leaving car unlucked with keys in it, windows down when it had a potential to rain- I went on and one with it and then said- oh- and taking the handicapped spot when you have no sticker or tag...

I then rolled up his windows locked his car doors and left his keys on the dash with the note...

Then I went about my business in the store...

pugdog said:
I was just at DQ getting dinner when someone pulls into the handicapped spot. No plates or visable placard. When she walks in the girl behind the counter tells her she parked in a handicapped spot.
Her responce back was "I have a sticker".
I then asked her why she didn't put it up.
"Because she( the girl in DQ) looked at me funny when I parked."
I then informed her that the law says she has to display it.
" I don't have to do anything, I already told you that I have one and that's good enough."
We went round and round for a while and finally my food was ready and I left. I wish I would have had my cell phone with, I would have at least made it look like I was calling to get the police there. Who knows what she would have done then.
Have any of you others ever had someone so arrogent and rude like that before?

Do you know that she did not have a sticker, if you would have called the police and she produced a sticker, she would not get a ticket because it was not displayed. I guess the issue is there is a difference between someone who does not have a sticker and some one who does, so do we know for a fact that she did not have one?

I love that you locked the car with the keys on dash! Perfect! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I park in handicapped all the time without putting up my placard. I just plain forget most of the time, and driving with it on is distracting. I've come out a few times to cops about to write tickets and it was never a problem. Once I got a ticket and I came home and my mom called the town police, they know who I am since a lot of 911 calls come from our house due to my medical stuff. They said not to worry about it and just wanted the number off the ID. No problem. If she has placard and just didn't display it, why are you so upset? How can you be sure she didn't have one, afterall she said she did. I dunno.

Why do they make people hang the placard from the mirror? We had parking placards for work that were supposed to be hung from the mirror, but it got in the way while I was driving, so I taped it to the dashboard instead. It would make much more sense if HP placards were placed there as well. Then you could leave it there, and not forget to put it in place!

To those of you who leave notes on cars - be careful, as you could be arrested for doing that. As my mom says, two wrongs don't make a right. Here in MA, it's illegal to put anything on a car that doesn't belong to you.

Of course, I've been tempted to give people flat tires, but I haven't succumbed to the temptation yet... :blush:

I knew someone who carried toothpicks around and if she saw a car parked in a handicap spot without a pass she put a toothpick in the lock and broke it off. This was before all the automatic unlock keys so the person would have to call a locksmith to get their doors open.

Michigan said:
I knew someone who carried toothpicks around and if she saw a car parked in a handicap spot without a pass she put a toothpick in the lock and broke it off. This was before all the automatic unlock keys so the person would have to call a locksmith to get their doors open.

That's horrible! What if the person just forgot to hang up the pass?

that is called vandelism!! AND if they were indeed handicapped and forgot how bad a position they found themselves in!! A note is one thing...damaging a car in anyway is illegal for sure!!! :)

Sorry, but I think it's irresponsible to "forget" to hang your placard. If you honestly can't remember to hang it, then leave it on the dashboard where it is visible. And newsflash: the placards say "remove placard while driving." If it's that big of a problem, get a handicapped tag.

When you have a driver's license you have to have it on your person or you risk the chance of being ticketed. Why should it be any different with a handicapped placard? It should be in plain view in your car.

bumpysheep said:
I park in handicapped all the time without putting up my placard. I just plain forget most of the time, and driving with it on is distracting. I've come out a few times to cops about to write tickets and it was never a problem. Once I got a ticket and I came home and my mom called the town police, they know who I am since a lot of 911 calls come from our house due to my medical stuff. They said not to worry about it and just wanted the number off the ID. No problem. If she has placard and just didn't display it, why are you so upset? How can you be sure she didn't have one, afterall she said she did. I dunno.
Here the fine for parking in a handicap space without a tag is $250. One time I forgot to hang my tag at Downtown Disney and got a ticket. The clerk at the Oraange County Court told me that since I had a tag but did not display it, I should make a photocopy to send in with the ticket and would only have to pay a $20 fine for failure to display tag instead of the illegal parking.

LindsayDunn228 said:
Sorry, but I think it's irresponsible to "forget" to hang your placard. If you honestly can't remember to hang it, then leave it on the dashboard where it is visible. And newsflash: the placards say "remove placard while driving." If it's that big of a problem, get a handicapped tag.

When you have a driver's license you have to have it on your person or you risk the chance of being ticketed. Why should it be any different with a handicapped placard? It should be in plain view in your car.

So, you can legally just leave it on your dashboard? That's good to know!

What's a handicapped tag?

We have taken the class at our police dept. to write tickets for people parking illegal in our area. However haven't written any since most do have their stickers displayed!

I certainly would not EVER vandalize a vehicle or lock keys in!

I get most annoyed at the people who take the wider space that are ambulatory and don't need the width to use a lift or transfer into a wheelchair.
Also get annoyed at people who use the spaces when plenty of nearby spaces available -- sometimes even closer than the ones for the handicapped.
My final pet peeves-- some folks would benefit from extra walking--
the folks who park in the accessible places at the health club when they go to exercies---
I know they may have their reasons BUT many don't use common sense!

Linda

Schmeck said:

What's a handicapped tag?
A handicapped license plate. I thought every state had these.:confused3

LindaDVC said:
We have taken the class at our police dept. to write tickets for people parking illegal in our area. However haven't written any since most do have their stickers displayed!
I have never heard of this class, I think it is a great idea! :goodvibes

HappyLawyer said:
Do you know that she did not have a sticker, if you would have called the police and she produced a sticker, she would not get a ticket because it was not displayed. I guess the issue is there is a difference between someone who does not have a sticker and some one who does, so do we know for a fact that she did not have one?
I don't know if she really had one or not. She said she did but would not hang it up because she didn't want to.
And YES she would get a ticket for not displaying it. Because if you read the application to get one it clearly states that you must display it from your mirrior when you park. NOthing in the language about if you feel like it today.
Schmeck said:
Why do they make people hang the placard from the mirror? We had parking placards for work that were supposed to be hung from the mirror, but it got in the way while I was driving, so I taped it to the dashboard instead. It would make much more sense if HP placards were placed there as well. Then you could leave it there, and not forget to put it in place!
All of them have to be hung from the mirror so that the police can see them from behind, that is a federal law. And all of them also tell you to take them down before driving.
I have never had a problem placing them up or down for 20 years now. I have on an occasion forgot to put them up and only have gotten one ticket.
Like others have said you just need to send in your tag number and they will void the ticket.
Schmeck said:
As stated above no you can't. Unless for some reason you don't have a mirror to hang it from.

pugdog said:
I don't know if she really had one or not. She said she did but would not hang it up because she didn't want to.
And YES she would get a ticket for not displaying it. Because if you read the application to get one it clearly states that you must display it from your mirrior when you park. NOthing in the language about if you feel like it today.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter