Rumored Changes to G+

What type of push notifications do you have?? My phone vibrates and beeps and I hear it/feel it from my pocket and/or my backpack. 🤔
Random stuff- look at this boring AP video, check in for your ADR now, your LL changed, your VQ is boarding- but never consistent, they're wonderfully sporadic leaving me thinking what is the point?

Random stuff- look at this boring AP video, check in for your ADR now, your LL changed, your VQ is boarding- but never consistent, they're wonderfully sporadic leaving me thinking what is the point?
Fortunately, that is not my experience with the DLR app. It's never pushed videos or similar nonsense to me. Can't speak for MDE.

I mean, agreed. WDW food is pretty bad. I just watched a video where the crappy food at Yak and Yeti ended a bad marriage and I felt that so hard. But again, I'm talking about DL. At WDW I'd maybe pay a $50 table fee for Coral Reef, but that's it.
WHAT??? I love Yak & Yeti....their burger is amazing!

What type of push notifications do you have?? My phone vibrates and beeps and I hear it/feel it from my pocket and/or my backpack. 🤔
This is not rocket science. LOL All of these phones are pretty much the same.

I keep my phone on silent to avoid it going off on an attraction. I cannot feel it vibrate in my backpack, especially if I have removed it from my back or if I am walking.

What? Pls tell me you are joking
Nope. It was a bad marriage but the bad food was the last straw. Having eaten at Yak and Yeti I empathized. I saw it on FB but I think it was a TikTok originally.

WHAT??? I love Yak & Yeti....their burger is amazing!

The woman's cousin got tiki masala (which is awful) and asked for some of her burger. The husband flipped out when she cut off a piece. It was the last straw.

I truly do not get what folks are doing to spend so much time on their phones at disney. And I probably never will.

Agreed. My guess would be they find it taxing to navigate and would rather just ask someone. Unfortunately that costs money. It was built into the experience back then, but now the labor cost of a physical person isn't needed because there are cheaper easier options.

It's extremely costly to have someone answering a phone, or staffing an Information desk. The 'ease' of just calling and asking for you, is worth thousands of dollars a year to employ someone. When there's a FAQ online that will answer your question for free.

Last month Universal removed all physical park maps so if you don't know where stuff is and need to find it on a map, you need to use a phone. I don't think Busch Gardens had physical maps either when I visited last year. At least at Disney you can still get a physical map.

Those physical maps cost money. To print, to fold, to physically replace, even to drill the location of the holder, and the money to install it. It even creates waste, when you could just pull up the app and see it without needing to do any of those things.

This is not rocket science. LOL All of these phones are pretty much the same.

I keep my phone on silent to avoid it going off on an attraction. I cannot feel it vibrate in my backpack, especially if I have removed it from my back or if I am walking.
Having it on silent is your choice then. Don't blame the app for that.

You could also add noise notifications for just the app. But as I said, at the end of the day it is your choice to keep it on silent in a place you cannot feel the vibrations. You are actively choosing to ignore notifications 🤷‍♀️.

You could also add noise notifications for just the app. But as I said, at the end of the day it is your choice to keep it on silent in a place you cannot feel the vibrations. You are actively choosing to ignore notifications 🤷‍♀️.
You are just seeking to argue, it seems....and be on the defensive. There was not an accusation towards the the app. 😂But, we are done here. I hope you have a great day. :)

Having your phone on silent is courteous to other guests. If I was sitting next to you on Soarin' and my phone was making noises you would probably be annoyed by it. The person you quoted did not say anything against the app. She said we should not have to be tied to a phone while on holiday. I could not agree more. Disney is to blame for people always looking at their phones. They need a better system. Many say the same.

I don't think complaints about being on the phone equate to being phobic about utilizing phones. I'm totally for mobile ordering but kinda don't want to feel like as soon as I'm tapping in on a ride it's time to look for another ride to book. I'm on MDE to check ride times but don't necessarily want to feel like everything about my day centers around my phone. I think there would be a convenience factor to having a bot book something for you but that doesn't mean it's for people who hate using smart phones. Lot of people are fine using phones evem while on vacation they just don't like how much reliance has come about at Disney to use one.
Bingo. Common sense.

Getting back to the original topic, here's a blogpost predicting what changes we'll see: https://www.disneytouristblog.com/genie-lightning-lane-predictions-disney-world-2024/
I appreciated how they talked about Tiana and ILL or not. Likely speculation of it being an ILL but good points as to why it also could be iffy. I'm not sure which direction I'd want to go with as putting it with ILL would likely ease off 7DMT (using that as it feels the most akin to Tiana/Splash), putting it as Genie+ would ease off a few of those attractions. Still the timing of when you could make a selection is touched upon too.

Although I feel like I remember people wondering if Disney would shift 7DMT to Genie+ and replace it with Tiana. This article suggests they would just add it to make 3 at MK.

You are just seeking to argue, it seems....and be on the defensive. There was not an accusation towards the the app. 😂But, we are done here. I hope you have a great day. :)
Not really, it's just really frustrating to see so many smart ppl block themselves like this. Looking for excuses and justifications to dislike something.

It's happened to me before were I don't want to do something or use something and will look for any possible excuse before I confront the real reason I dislike the something. Most of the time it's anxiety for me. So I try to point it out when I can.

No way would I pay for an ILL to get on Tiana, Splash or whatever it is at that moment. GoG, I would buy those all day long!
I wouldn't pay for it (at least right now) but we've been enough times that it's no biggie to not go on it, we didn't ride it in 2022. Most of that is because of potentially getting wet but we're like that with Kali too. For 1 ride in a park it's hard to want to deal with all that. But I think early on it's going to have some popularity as people want to see how it was done. For that I could see Disney doing ILL even if it's kinda iffy that it really should or not. Splash did def. get longer waits so the decision to put it as ILL where on-site get advantages could be interesting.

I appreciated how they talked about Tiana and ILL or not. Likely speculation of it being an ILL but good points as to why it also could be iffy. I'm not sure which direction I'd want to go with as putting it with ILL would likely ease off 7DMT (using that as it feels the most akin to Tiana/Splash), putting it as Genie+ would ease off a few of those attractions. Still the timing of when you could make a selection is touched upon too.

Although I feel like I remember people wondering if Disney would shift 7DMT to Genie+ and replace it with Tiana. This article suggests they would just add it to make 3 at MK.
The article indicates that could just add Tiana as a third ILL at MK, but concludes they won't: "will Seven Dwarfs Mine Train remain an ILL? There’s a strong case for it, but I don’t think so."

The article indicates that could just add Tiana as a third ILL at MK, but concludes they won't: "will Seven Dwarfs Mine Train remain an ILL? There’s a strong case for it, but I don’t think so."
I don’t think they will either. They’ve been faced with this decision before and gone in the reverse direction to give G+ more value. I dunno, I’m not enthusiastic about paying ILL for either of them, would rather them both go into the G+ bucket.

If WDW implements tiers, I think Genie+ sales will suffer badly.........FP+ didnt work b all of the inventory was gone for day guests....FP+ also was bad because you could only get 1 tier one ride.........I wouldnt pay for genie+ to get 1 tier one ride............who would buy Genie+ if theres no rides available when you show up at park opening? I just dont see it happening

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter