Run Now! It’s Wine 0’Clock in WDW…Cupcakes Gone W&D16

How funny, I have had my eye on a cute Starbucks/Disney tank too! I haven't purchased it yet though.

I love Starbucks PSL!!! I have no idea how much Starbucks I will drink during our trip, but I can guarantee there will be a few.

I cant wait for the Parisian breakfast.

I love the Peppermint Mocha idea and I can't wait to see how it looks! Although I'm not a fan of the drink (I don't do mint). I'm not a Pumpkin Spice fan either. Just give me caramel or white chocolate all year round and I'm good.

Whet Your Appetite Wednesday: Food & Wine Booths A-B
Pre Planning Our Eat Around the World Crawl

(Or by the end of the night…rolling around the world)

0914ZV_0062MS.jpg

Trying to find ways to pass the next 50 days, so Wednesday is going to be officially called “Whet Your Appetite Wednesday” because Cupcakes like eating and most of this trip will be focused around Food & Wine (and yes running). Now that the F&W booths/menus have been released, let’s start pre-planning some our Post Race Sunday Eat & Drink Crawl around the World (information, rules and requirements later) by circling the World Showcase in search of the best snacks…

Since we do not have a map, let’s just go in ABC order. I am hoping that a map will be released real soon! This week let’s look at booths A-B.

Africa
  • Buttered Chicken with Micro Cilantro and Naan Bread
  • Berbere-style Beef Tenderloin Tips with Onions, Jalapeños, Tomato and Pap

butter chicken.jpg
Not much changes in Africa and I am sticking with my previous day dreaming selection….Buttered Chicken and Naan bread

Australia
  • Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies
  • Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut
  • Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas

lamington.jpg
I think I need to go sweet in Australia and try the Lamington…chocolate, coconut and cake! YUM

Belgium
  • Beer-braised Beef served with Smoked Gouda Mashed Potatoes
  • Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream
Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream

waffle.jpg
Still going with my original choice of waffles, chocolate and whipped cream…that way I don’t have to share with Debra!

Brazil
  • Pão de Queijo: Brazilian cheese bread
  • Crispy pork belly with black beans and tomato
  • Escondidinho de Carne: Layered Meat Pie with Mashed Yucca

cheese brea.jpg pork belly.jpg
I am going for 2 choices here. Last time at F&W I had the pork belly and it was AMAZING and the Brazilian cheese bread has my curiosity up! Let’s be adventurous!

I need to order a new skirt, my green plaid is too big now.
I need that latte shirt to go with my maple skirt!!

YAY for it being too big...I have the opposite problem that I really have got to fix because I have ordered 2 skirts in a smaller size :eek::eek::eek: and I am only half way to the goal. SIGH

How funny, I have had my eye on a cute Starbucks/Disney tank too! I haven't purchased it yet though.

I love Starbucks PSL!!! I have no idea how much Starbucks I will drink during our trip, but I can guarantee there will be a few.

I cant wait for the Parisian breakfast.

I am really not a Starbucks fan or even coffee...seriously I really have no idea what to order there so I stay away for the most part. My 2 oldest have started introducing me to things with just a hint of coffee...which I am finding I like. Oh girl, I can get starbucks anywhere...so I am saving my $$$ for real stuff...LOL. But I don't mind if you stop!

I love the Peppermint Mocha idea and I can't wait to see how it looks! Although I'm not a fan of the drink (I don't do mint). I'm not a Pumpkin Spice fan either. Just give me caramel or white chocolate all year round and I'm good.

I like your flavors too...but I do like my seasonal!

50 days! It's getting so close!

Food and wine started today and I'm drooling over the food. One year I'll make it even if it isn't for wine and dine.

I am sticking with my previous day dreaming selection….Buttered Chicken and Naan bread

I'm sticking with the Buttered Chicken & Naan bread too!

Australia
  • Grilled Lamb Chop with Mint Pesto and Potato Crunchies
  • Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut
  • Grilled Sweet and Spicy Bush Berry Shrimp with Pineapple, Pepper, Onion and Snap Peas

Everything in Australia sounds good to me! I am hoping Jan might want to share! Or that we visit the booth more than once. LOL! If not I will probably choose based on my wine. Shrimp for white or lamb for the red!

Still going with my original choice of waffles, chocolate and whipped cream

Me too!

Brazil has me in a quandary. Does the pork belly have avocado? I am not a fan of avocado. (Not, this sis not natural for a someone from SoCal!) I may have to go with the meat pie.

I'm sticking with the Buttered Chicken & Naan bread too!

I am so dreaming of this...it was amazing at Sanaa!

Everything in Australia sounds good to me! I am hoping Jan might want to share! Or that we visit the booth more than once. LOL! If not I will probably choose based on my wine. Shrimp for white or lamb for the red!

One of those people...lol...chooses wine by food. Me on the other hand I could care less about the food matching the wine...I want wine I like. LOL

Me too!

Brazil has me in a quandary. Does the pork belly have avocado? I am not a fan of avocado. (Not, this sis not natural for a someone from SoCal!) I may have to go with the meat pie.

I believe it does. No avocado, sigh!

50 days! It's getting so close!

Food and wine started today and I'm drooling over the food. One year I'll make it even if it isn't for wine and dine.

Me too Ryan...I have practically licked FB all day with the posts! Wine & Dine is pretty amazing...I am so excited to go back and really focus on it this trip! I am so disappointed that not a lot of "events" are happening this weekend that I am interested in...no need to draw a crowd when there is a RunDisney Race the same time.

Yay for being all paid off!
Can you believe you'll be enjoying the Beach Club in less than 50 days? So exciting!!!

Whet Your Appetite Wednesday: Food & Wine Booths Letter C
Pre Planning Our Eat Around the World Crawl
(Or by the end of the night…rolling around the world)

1 epcot.jpg

Trying to find ways to pass the next 41 days, so Wednesday is going to be officially called “Whet Your Appetite Wednesday” because Cupcakes like eating and most of this trip will be focused around Food & Wine (and yes running). Now that the F&W booths/menus have been released, let’s start pre-planning some our Post Race Sunday Eat & Drink Crawl around the World (information, rules and requirements later) by circling the World Showcase in search of the best snacks…

Since we do not have a map, let’s just go in ABC order. I am hoping that a map will be released real soon! This week let’s look at booths starting with the letter C.

Canada
  • Canadian cheddar cheese soup served with a pretzel roll
  • “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle-Butter Sauce

2 filet.jpg 3 soup.jpg
Debra has already warned us that she is not sharing in Canada, so it looks like I will be ordering one of both for myself!

THE CHEW Collective
  • Grilled Beef Skewer with Romaine, Apricots and Feta Cheese
  • Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli with Rustic Tomato Sauce
  • Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Mousse with a Caramel Drizzle
4 chew 2.jpg 4 chew.jpg

The Ricotta & Zucchini Ravioli looks so yummy and how can a person go wrong with peanut butter, chocolate and caramel?

China
  • Chicken Pot Stickers
  • Sichuan Spicy Chicken
  • Black Pepper Shrimp with Garlic Noodles
  • Beijing Roasted Duck in a Steamed Bun with Hoisin Sauce
5 duck.jpg

I think I am going with the Roasted duck, since there seems to be lots of shrimp elsewhere to try!

Chocolate Studio
  • Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey Caramel
  • Red Wine Chocolate Truffle
  • Ghirardelli® Chocolate Raspberry Torte
6 choclate.jpg
Give me some of that chocolate almond truffle! Actually I have seen pictures of all the selections this past week...so I am thinking I am just going to bathe in chocolate and have one of them all.

Craft Beers
  • Pimento Cheese Dip with Pretzel Crisps
  • Churcuterie Plate: Country Pâté, Cured Meats and Crostini
  • Piggy Wings: Fried Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds
CsbTO0fWgAERs1L.jpg

The Piggy wings have peaked my interest, so that is what I am going with!

I'm not big on mushrooms but I'll eat the filet, and who doesn't love a pretzel roll! Everything looks good and I'm interested to hear how the piggy wings are. Wine and dine is almost here!

It’s 5 O’clock Friday: Food & Wine Booths A-B-C
Pre Planning Our Drink Around the World Crawl
(Or by the end of the night…teetering around the world)

01.jpg

ONLY 5 MORE FRIDAYS!

In order to pass the time away, instead of Cupcake Friday’s we are going to take a look at cocktails around the world…since we are partly fueled by cocktails. Maybe we can find them a little more readily then the cupcake disappointment we experienced on our PHM Cupcake Crawl! Following in line with Whet your Appetite Wednesday, let’s begin to focus on F&W and our Eat & Drink Crawl around the World that we are planning for Sunday after the race (Rules and Logistics to come later).

So bartender...

Pour me somethin' tall an' strong;
Make it a ????

It's only half-past twelve but I don't care.
It's five o'clock somewhere…
And there is so little time!

Africa
  • Simonsig Pinotage
  • Indaba Chenin Blanc
  • Jam Jar Sweet Shiraz
    1.jpg
    No changes here for me…still going with the sweet shiraz!
Australia
  • Yangarra Estate Vineyard Shiraz
  • Bulletin Place Unoaked Chardonnay
  • Coopers Brewery Extra Strong Vintage Ale
  • Château Tanunda Grand Barossa Dry Riesling

2.jpg

As for what to drink, the Shiraz comes with very high ratings and sounds divine…”the perfume is enough to make you swoon. Laced with violets, molten chocolate, cherry liquor, lavender and exotic spices. It is one of those glasses that compels you to sniff again and again.”
Belgium
  • Hoegaarden Witbier
  • Leffe Blonde Belgian Pale Ale
  • Stella Artois Hard Cidre

3.jpg
    I love Stella!!!!

Brazil

• Kaiser Brewery Xingu Black Beer
  • Carnaval Moscato Sparkling White Wine, Serra Gaúcha
  • Frozen Caipirinha featuring LeBlon Cachaça
4.jpg
Well we are TeamRunDMC (Disney, Moscato & Cupcakes)…so no surprises here, going for the Moscato!

Brewer’s Collection

• Schöfferhofer Zitrone Weizen-Mix
  • Hacker-Pschorr Hefe Weisse
  • Radeberger Zwickel Pilsner (Unfiltered)

Okay, not feeling anything here…maybe a water? After all, I do have to drink something at each booth…right? Or maybe one of my beer loving friends will give me a sip!

Canada

• Moosehead Lager
  • Neige Premiere Apple Ice Wine, Québec
  • Fielding Estate Red Conception
    5.jpg

Of course it has to be the Ice Wine!

The Chew Collective

• Festival Chardonnay, CA
  • Festival Cabernet Sauvignon, CA

Not really a fan of any of these.

China

• Tsingtao Lager
  • Strawberry Plum Wine Cooler with Takara Plum Wine
  • Ritzy Lychee with Courvoisier Cognac VS and Smirnoff Vodka
  • Kung Fu Punch with Smirnoff Vodka and Bols Triple Sec
  • Happy Peach with Dekuyper Peach Liqueur and Myers’s Dark Rum
  • Mango Bubble Tea with Assam Black Tea and Milk

6.jpg
    I think I need the Kung Fu Punch…might need to have a little punch in my step!

The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar Hosted by Ghirardelli Chocolate Company

• Lasseter Family Winery Amoureux Malbec Blend, Sonoma Valley
  • Terra d’Oro Zinfandel Port, Amador County
  • Ghirardelli Drinking Chocolate
    7.jpg

Drinking chocolate, oh yes as I lick my lips.
Chocolate Studio
  • Fonseca Bin No. 27 Port
  • Justin Cabernet Sauvignon
  • Rosa Regale Sweet Red Sparkling Wine
  • Blandy’s Alvada 5yr-Old Madeira

8.jpg

Sparkling Sweet Red, please.
Craft Beers
  • Orlando Brewing OTown Weiss, Orlando, FL
  • Florida Beer Company Passport 20 Belgian-Style Tripel Ale, Cape Canaveral, FL
  • Two Henrys Blueberry Vanilla American Wheat Ale, Plant City, FL
  • Concrete Beach Stiltsville Pilsner, Miami, FL
  • 3 Daughters Bimini Twist IPA, St. Petersburg, FL
  • Shipyard Midnight Snack Milk Stout, Clearwater, FL
  • Beer Flights also available
    Somebody just give me a sip…that is all I need....still not a beer fan even though I am warming up to coffee!

Woohoo for final payment and online check in! I have 108 days until marathon weekend.

You are now in the double digits! I am so jealous of those medals that were released the other day!

Yay for being all paid off!
Can you believe you'll be enjoying the Beach Club in less than 50 days? So exciting!!!

Thanks...I am so ready to be hanging out on this Disney Beach. Usually by now I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel workwise but this year it seems to be still pitch black...looking at my October calendar I am going to be gone a lot to meetings...which means backed up desk!

Just got home from opening weekend at Food & Wine! Had so much fun :)

Now for less drinking and more training!

I like the more drinking part...I am slacking on both types of training. I loved your posts...you always do such fun things and eat such amazing foods!

I am super excited for Beach Club! I wont want to leave to go back to FQ on the 9th.

Well at least you get to go back to the FQ...I get to go back to reality via MCO.
I'm not big on mushrooms but I'll eat the filet, and who doesn't love a pretzel roll! Everything looks good and I'm interested to hear how the piggy wings are. Wine and dine is almost here!

No mushrooms...typical man boy! I have 2 of those at home. I can't wait to try those piggy wings...sticky and porky...yum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter