s/o of s/o. What movie...

Since becoming an adult, I'd say either Apollo 13, O Brother Where Art Thou, To Kill a Mockingbird, Raiders of the Lost Ark, or Twister.

Not counting kids or Christmas movies, my friends and I went through a Ferris Beulller phase when we were younger and we watched the movie so much we had all the lines memorized.

I don't know that I would ever be able to narrow it down to which one. On my list would be Dirty Dancing, The Sound of Music, Say Anything, When Harry Met Sally, Burlesque, Pitch Perfect, Footloose, The Santa Clause (yearly tradition at my house) and probably a few I can't think of right now.

The Way, Way Back. Absolutely love it. As does my entire family. We watch it whenever we need a break. Sometimes that is once a month, other times, once a week..
This is seriously one of my all time favorite movies! It's absolutely perfect, and not nearly enough people have seen it. We own it and have watched several times. Sam Rockwell should have gotten some awards love for that one!

This is seriously one of my all time favorite movies! It's absolutely perfect, and not nearly enough people have seen it. We own it and have watched several times. Sam Rockwell should have gotten some awards love for that one!

It really is. I was SHOCKED that it didn't receive more attention, or awards. Sam Rockwell definitely made the movie. And, Steve Carrell... I love him, but man did I hate him in this movie. He made me want to spit on him!!

People NEED to see this movie!!

It really is. I was SHOCKED that it didn't receive more attention, or awards. Sam Rockwell definitely made the movie. And, Steve Carrell... I love him, but man did I hate him in this movie. He made me want to spit on him!!

People NEED to see this movie!!

Based on the recommendations here, I just reserved "The Way, Way Back" from my library.

"Benny... Looks to me like you're on the wrong side of the RIIIIIIIIIIIIIVER!"
ROFL!!! My dd goes to school in a town that has 2 colleges and another university just across the river in a different state. Everytime we visit and see college stuff from that other state school near her school, that's what we both yell out!!!

Grease for sure but coming in a very close second would be a my trifecta of John Hughes Movies: Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles and Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Ferris came on twice yesterday on cable. I watched it both times.

The Way, Way Back. Absolutely love it. As does my entire family. We watch it whenever we need a break. Sometimes that is once a month, other times, once a week..
My family loves it as well. Sam Rockwell steals the show as he always does, but the entire cast is fabulous.

When I was a kid, i worked in a movie theater where Rocky II played for five months. I probably saw the whole movie over a hundred times.
At home, it is a toss-up between Animal House and Goodfellas.

I'm not one for watching movies multiple times, but movies I loved as a kid and purchased on VHS as an adult were:
1) The Sound of Music
2) The Parent Trap with Hayley Mills
3) Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
4) Mary Poppins (I had/have a thing for Dick Van Dyke!)

And let's not forget The Little Mermaid which was my favorite Disney movie as an adult and purchased the VHS when it was re-released in 1997(?), so I could share it with my daughter, who was not born until 2006!! LOL!!

Many...

All Dogs Go to Heaven (ran through 2 VHS copies of this as a child)
The Lion King
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Tommy Boy
The Goonies
Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom
Free Willy
Big Fish

I also can recite most of my favorite yearly Christmas movies almost ver batim... Home Alone, Wonderful Life, Scrooged, Elf, The Santa Clause (1 & 2), Love Actually, Christmas Vacation, and so on....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter