Sad story of a 1 point deficit...

What would you do?

• Use BCV points elsewhere

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Book one night and roll the dice at 7 months for second night

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Stay week nights and take kids out of school

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Walk the reservation and take the wrath of the people who think that is evil

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Something else... post it below (am open to suggestions)

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters
Because I don’t think January is a particularly good time to stay at BCV, (I bought BCV To use SAB, I own BWV to be close to Epcot) I would wait until 7 months and use other points to try to stay at BCV, and save those points for a more likely to swim WDW vacation.

That's a good point and makes a BCV reservation in January at 7 months even easier. And if you don't get it at 7 months, waitlist, the chances of the WL to succeed are very high.

I'm going to jump a little further ahead and ask what about 6 months after that when you've borrowed all the points of the contract that was to be used as part of the rotation for every 6 months? You'll be using points from your other contract, yes? It's apparent you really want to stay at BCV but if you're having to borrow everything to do so and still can't book in the home priority window I'd suggest that you just need to wait on that one and let it build up. If you have points in your other contract to cover this trip then use them and book BCV next time when you have enough points to cover the stay. And maybe you'll get lucky and be able to get the room at 7 months or else try a waitlist for BCV.

It is now $19 per point but those points can only be purchased for the 7 month window and OP can cover that with using one of their own SSR points.
And this can only be done once every year.

try out places like timeshare store or davids to buy the point. they buy and sell dvc points. just sold my points left works out great. same cost to buy as from dvc

I’d do what Kat4Disney and Bobbiwoz said - hold onto the BC points and let build up to use at another time, book SS with your SS points and see what’s available to switch into at 7 months if you decide you don’t want SS.

Dunno anything about it, but could you rent or transfer a point from someone who owns at BCV?
Sure you might need to pay a premium for that one point, but even $30 per point would be a deal for me.

Go online and offer to buy 20 BCV points from someone. Offer $18 a point. Then transfer them in to your account and save your other points for a later date. Or, offer up your own points for $18 a point by listing them on this board, in the right forum. That way you can get your vacation and not really spend much extra.

Members get 1 transfer in/out in total per UY so the fewest people want to transfer just 20 even less will transfer 1 point. I would look at the R/T board and see if anyone have any BCV points they want to transfer.

If you can't find anyone that is willing to transfer an amount your are comfortable with you can rent BCV points for a vacation and then save your own for later use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter