Safeway delivery

Anyone have a comparison between Safeway and Amazon prime now? I know on Amazon you can't get alcohol I'm not going until the fall but love the planning.

Yes....beverage cooler in room not cold enough. I did mention that with these I ended up throwing out groceries and was given a credit. It was disappointing for us as sometimes you just the kids to eat something so we bought some of their normal items that they like at home.

I talked to housekeeping and concierge about this and both stated that it couldn’t be made colder. I even pulled the unit out myself and couldn’t find a switch to make it colder.
well jeez that really stinks.

Anyone have a comparison between Safeway and Amazon prime now? I know on Amazon you can't get alcohol I'm not going until the fall but love the planning.

Just from playing around on both, I noticed that Safeway has a much larger selection. They also have alcohol.
Prime now had a smaller selection and the items get removed from the cart when they're no longer available. Safeway did remove one of my items from the cart but there was a note stating it was no longer available and offered similar items. Prices are pretty comparable between the two.

Amazon now can not be submitted until the day before. I am a planner so I have a hard time with that concept. If your cart is ready in advance, I suppose it isn't a big deal to put through an order.

Safeway looks like you can put the order in a couple weeks before. I did read that someone had an item removed from their order due to availability issues but they were not notified. That could be a big problem.

Just from playing around on both, I noticed that Safeway has a much larger selection. They also have alcohol.
Prime now had a smaller selection and the items get removed from the cart when they're no longer available. Safeway did remove one of my items from the cart but there was a note stating it was no longer available and offered similar items. Prices are pretty comparable between the two.

Amazon now can not be submitted until the day before. I am a planner so I have a hard time with that concept. If your cart is ready in advance, I suppose it isn't a big deal to put through an order.

Safeway looks like you can put the order in a couple weeks before. I did read that someone had an item removed from their order due to availability issues but they were not notified. That could be a big problem.

Safeway also gives you the option to allow substitutions and make notes. I don't know if Amazon does that. So say for example they were out of peanut butter granola bars, you could allow them to pick something else close. If you are brave enough. I do it occasionally, if there is something very similar and I'm not picky, I will make notes that if this is out of stock please use this instead. But it rarely actually happens.

Safeway also gives you the option to allow substitutions and make notes. I don't know if Amazon does that. So say for example they were out of peanut butter granola bars, you could allow them to pick something else close. If you are brave enough. I do it occasionally, if there is something very similar and I'm not picky, I will make notes that if this is out of stock please use this instead. But it rarely actually happens.

That's good to know. Thank you.

Does anyone happen to know which resorts have beverage coolers vs the actual mini fridge? We will be at POR... Thanks!

Other than the 1 Bedroom and larger DVC rooms, they all have the same type of fridge. They may look different, but they are all mini fridges.

My experience with Safeway deliveries & WDW resorts is pretty extensive. In my opinion, they have great prices & delivery times. They have a great selection online but their website is extremely buggy & often slow.

Customer service has not returned emails from my attempts at refunds due to a few missing items over maybe 10 orders. I have disputed with credit card company with 100% success.

I think the problem is that I don't check the box allowing them to make substitutions--so they end up with items out of stock & charge me for the items even though they weren't delivered to me.

I haven't had these issues as often with Amazon & not at all with GG. BUT GG is more expensive & Amazon doesn't have the best selection. YMMV.

Took the leap today and placed an order at Safeway for our trip in a couple of weeks. First time getting food delivered, we'll see how it goes!

Took the leap today and placed an order at Safeway for our trip in a couple of weeks. First time getting food delivered, we'll see how it goes!

Me too! I can't wait to get there! :)

I'll be sure to report back on how it went.

We just had delivery on 4/7. I used the resort address and then wrote pop century in the comments. The prices were much better than garden grocer on many of the items we bought. Unfortunately when we got to the room (Pop Century) they have beverage coolers and not refrigerators. Temperature was probably 45 - 50 degrees. Anything that needed to be refrigerated we ended up throwing out since those items need to be kept below 40 degrees (cheeses, lunchables).

That is a shame. We actually had the opposite problem at Pop once. Everything kept freezing. I pulled out the fridge, and yes, they all do have a knob but it's in the back behind the fridge, not easy to find. I was able to lower the temp.

We will be at Ft Wilderness Cabins on May 30. DH is on special diet so very limited eating out for us. I need LOTS of groceries delivered, no alcohol. We fly in early, will likely be in the parks b4 our cabin is ready, and won't return until late evening.

I've read Prime Now delivers their frozen/refrigerated items in insulated bags. I'd planned to go that route, but Safeway and Publix has better options and lower prices.

Dumb question, I guess, but how does Bell Services know what to refrigerate? I don't want to waste park time waiting for delivery, but I don't want my perishables to go bad either.

Thanks.

Is the store in Alamonte Springs the one you are using? That's the only Safeway that their store locator brings up for the AKL address.

We placed the order at least a month in advance. You were able to edit your order up until the date for the delivery. I decided to place the order early because that I wanted more options for delivery times (specifically a one hour delivery window is what I preferred). I do recall that there were evening options also. If you register on Safeway’s site, you can go through and look at the delivery times place items in your cart, etc. :)

Wish I had read this a few days ago. I was waiting to order because I kept adding and subtracting stuff. I went to order today and the time slot I would have wanted is not available.

Curious, do most Safeway users here not have transportation once on resort property?

Debating about trying Safeway delivery -vs- just hot footing it and taking a drive to the relatively quiet Publix that’s N/E of Magic Kingdom off Reams Rd.

Curious, do most Safeway users here not have transportation once on resort property?

Debating about trying Safeway delivery -vs- just hot footing it and taking a drive to the relatively quiet Publix that’s N/E of Magic Kingdom off Reams Rd.
Nope, we fly in, no car.

Same here - no car. Not wasting Disney time grocery shopping.

Just ordered Safeway last night (at home), getting it delivered today. I love it & have been using them almost weekly lately. Saves me SO much time & money.

Just got back and figured I'd update you on our Safeway experience. My mom used them and had to be there (alcohol in the delivery). She missed her delivery (4-5pm). The driver came back around 8pm and met her at the check-in building. She did ask if he could drive the car over to her building (Old Key West Resort) but he was unable to. She had bell services bring over the groceries.

For my order, we had a scheduled delivery of 4-5pm. No alcohol in our order. I received a phone call around 12-1pm and the driver was on his way over to the resort. I asked him to leave it with bell services, since we weren't there and had not checked in yet. He left the order with no problems.

Overall, I was satisfied with the delivery service. I received everything I ordered (though some were different brands).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter