Satu'li Canteen Recommendations

lolomarie

Mouseketeer
I'm really looking forward to trying Satu'li Canteen! What are your recommendations here? Which bowl combinations are the best? Which pods are better? Cheeseburger or vegetable? I'm not picky at all and love all food! DH isn't the biggest fan of Kale, so that might be a no go. How big are the bowls? Shareable between 2 adults or an adult and a child? So excited to try this place!

Well, I have only eaten the Cheesburger Pods, but I thought they were great! They do taste a little like a McDonald's cheeseburger, but better quality meat (they contain that mix of ketchup, mustard, and pickle that gives it that taste). The rest of the food looked good as well. The pods are not a huge portion with only two bao buns, but the bowls seemed like a decent size, but I don't know how much protein is in each or if there is a lot of filler. The best plus to Satu'li is that they have a self-serve soft drink fountain, so free refills!

Last edited:
I have eaten here 2 or 3x & honestly my favorite is the kids hotdog meal. It's not bad pricing (I pay OOP) & it's enough food plus a refillable fountain drink.

The chicken bowl with potato hash is DEEEEEE-licious! I got it with creamy herb dressing but didn't like that, thankfully it was mostly off to the side. If you get a sauce, I'd ask for it on the side if you can.

I liked, the beef bowl with rice is yummy, no sauce.
DD liked the chicken bowel with potatoes, no sauce.
DH liked the chicken bowl with Quinoa, no sauce.

One of our favorites CS places to eat. Very healthy, but tastes so good.

loved the chicken bowl with sweet potatoes was excellent. my husband got the same but with the rice and together they made a great combination. Wish I could have gotten rice and sweet potatoes. Also, we went with the chimichurri sauce. It was good, but not great. My son had the creamy herb sauce and it was better, in my opinion. Normally don't love creamy sauces but it was great. My little one liked the hot dog in pastry.

I had the beef with quinoa and chimichurri, and it was really tasty. I think my stepmom had the fish, also with quinoa, not sure which sauce, she said it was good too. No one in our group had any complaints about anything, I just don't know what they all had because she and I were stuck on FoP when they ordered and ate!

I have ordered the beef bowl with whole grain and creamy garlic every single time. I dream about it. I love it.

DH and I split the beef bowl with kale and chimichurri sauce and the cheeseburger pods. The bowl was delicious, even though I don't like kale, and I would get it again, next time I want to try the creamy herb sauce, but that will have to wait for when we are not sharing. The pods I would not get again, I liked the filling, but there wasn't enough of it compared the the amount of dough for my tastes. I don't know if one bowl would have been filling enough to split without the pods, but I am confident that two bowls would have been way too much for us.

Loved the chicken bowl with the potato hash (mix of red and sweet potatoes) with the garlic dressing on the side. I left the bobo balls off my order.

Not a food recommendation but when you go in, take some time to examine the artifacts along the main entrance path right inside the main door, they have descriptions on them which tell you about what the tools are and their uses by the alien races. It's a little detail most people walk right by and take no notice of as they rush to their cheeseburger pods.

So many amazing suggestions!!!! This is making me hungry when I should be going to bed! Thanks everyone!

We both had the Chicken bowl with kale salad and creamy herb dressing. Very good. So good We had to get it the second time at AK. I doubt if it would be enough for two adults to share unless they are small eaters. We always get ice water to drink.

That beef looks great to me but Im wondering if the beef and potatos will be good with the herb sauce?
The chicken and rice look good to tho... AHHH decisions...lol

We have had; Cheeseburger pods (come with chips), the hot dog, the chicken bowl on quinoa/salad with black bean vinaigrette, and the blueberry dessert (haven't tried the choc cake yet, but want to). The bowl was awesome! The slaw that comes with stuff is really good, which is saying something because we're slaw snobs. Now, I'll have to admit we were all surprised trying my niece's hot dog and having it be very very tasty, so if you have picky kids that want a more "normal" food, that definitely is a possibility. The dessert was very light and refreshing, and we did split it. The cheeseburger buns were good for what they were, but they aren't my thing, though I'd also like to try the veggie pods too.

Portion sizes... it all depends on how much you like to eat. I'd want to split my next bowl with someone or get a kid's sized bowl instead. With two adults I'd say you'd want to get one thing more if you split a bowl, such as dessert to split to be truly "full."

Both DW and I enjoyed the chicken with potato hash and the creamy herb dressing. I finished mine and helped DW by polishing off her last piece of chicken. We thought it was one of the best counter serve meals we have had at WDW.

Are they just as “liberal” about adults ordering from the kids menu as other places? As a senior with a small appetite, I often order kids meals at WDW and I hope I can there (also, I usually travel solo and have no one to share with)

Are they just as “liberal” about adults ordering from the kids menu as other places? As a senior with a small appetite, I often order kids meals at WDW and I hope I can there (also, I usually travel solo and have no one to share with)
Last Fall I overheard adults behind me in line ordering the kids' meals so seems to be fine.

I really enjoyed the chicken bowl with potato hash and black bean vinaigrette.

The blueberry dessert is incredible. One of the few desserts that tastes as good as it looks.

The Bowl Entrees Portion sz (at least for lunch) would be large enough for an adult & child to share. Two adults could share for lunch if they usually eat light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter